ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This new figure has changed how I look at the films themselves, and has given me a whole new appreciation for Luke Skywalker as a character. I would never have believed I would like any sculpt as much as Old Ben's, but in my eyes this Luke rivals even that masterpiece. So,

1:6 ANH Luke
1:6 Jedi Luke
PF Dagobah Luke
1:6 Bespin Luke
PF ANH Luke
1:6 Yavin Luke

My rankings were based purely on sculpt. Yeah, the paint can definitely detract from the features, but I tried to look past that wherever possible (which is why I'm so wanting to see an unpainted sculpt of this ANH Luke 12", since A: I'm currently not feeling it, and B: Trev hasn't let me down in the past).

I guess, though, even an iffy sculpt can be saved by one of our resident paint masters. In most cases, I should add (before people start posting that scary Hasbro ANH Luke again.. :D ).

Well, having to judge Yavin and Besping through factory paint (I know Les's quality and it doesn't shine in pictures as much as in person) The Yavin is good, I was actually amazed how Hammil it looks in some of the photos I took, but I find I get a more consistent vibe out of the Bespin sculpt. I think Jedi Luke and Trev's ANH Luke are about tied for best Luke sculpts. I've only seen the ANH PF in images, but I've never gotten a strong vibe from it. Jedi Luke and ANH Luke really capture the character in their respective films. I think Mat commented on wanting to have not done the open mouth on his Jedi portrait in the RS interview, but to me, that's what defines it best, he did that a lot in that movie and it's very fitting, and Trev's captures that mix of young yearning and life's not fair feeling ANH Luke gave off.

This new figure has changed how I look at the films themselves, and has given me a whole new appreciation for Luke Skywalker as a character. I would never have believed I would like any sculpt as much as Old Ben's, but in my eyes this Luke rivals even that masterpiece.

Damn! I want to love it as much as you do, Captain. I really do. Someone, post some unpainted pics soon, so I can see what you guys all apparently see!

I probably won't purchase a Leia since it looks like we won't have a good DS Luke to display her with (and she's not that spectacular on her own) but this is still one heck of an ANH line up!

2116_press01-001.jpg
2131_press01-001.jpg

21701_press01-001.jpg
2114_press05-001.jpg

:rock :rock

Judging on the 1/6th items I have including factory paint, I rank it

1/6 Jedi
1/6 Bespin
1/6 Yavin

I think the ANH looks to be at least better than Bespin and Yavin, but maybe even better than the Jedi.

Damn! I want to love it as much as you do, Captain. I really do. Someone, post some unpainted pics soon, so I can see what you guys all apparently see!

I hear you crasis, I *want* this sculpt to be off the charts too but with ROTJ and Bespin Luke you see them and instantly think "Hammil." Not so much with this figure based on the current pics. If I saw this head sculpt on another figure I'd probably just think it was some other dude. But if you put the ROTJ sculpt on any figure you'd look at it and go "hey, why is Mark Hamill circa 1983 wearing that outfit?" :) I have faith in Trev though and the tailoring on this Luke is fantastic, if a bit incomplete... :monkey3

If I saw this head sculpt on another figure I'd probably just think it was some other dude. But if you put the ROTJ sculpt on any figure you'd look at it and go "hey, why is Mark Hamill circa 1983 wearing that outfit?" :) I have faith in Trev though and the tailoring on this Luke is fantastic, if a bit incomplete... :monkey3

I have no idea what you're talking about on either point. He looks exactly like Mark Hamill and the outfit looks amazing.

I want to love it as much as you do, Captain. I really do. Someone, post some unpainted pics soon, so I can see what you guys all apparently see!

I think for me the difference is that I initially didn't care at all for this figure. I never liked Farmer Luke, but I think it's because I didn't see ANH hope until years after I had seen ROTJ, so it just didn't feel like him to me. Lately though, and especially now, I suddenly get the whole scope of Luke's understanding, and it's heart is really in the innocent dreamer on Tatooine. The sunset scene really has become the most gorgeous moment in all the films for me, if only because it makes us want to explore the galaxy as much as Luke does, and despite all his whining and naiveté, he is nonetheless a good, honest, and sincere person, determined to do right even if he really doesn't know how. The look on this figure's face, the determination, the hoping--it's all there. And like all of Trev's sculpts so far, it conveys to me a number of feelings, from Luke's excitement even to the touch of sadness in how it seems to gaze out into the horizon.

The more I write about it, the more I love it. This figure will mean as much to me as Ben himself.

I have no idea what you're talking about on either point. He looks exactly like Mark Hamill and the outfit looks amazing.

Good for you if you think it looks exactly like Mark Hamill. And you don't have any idea what I'm talking about when I say the tailoring is fantastic? Well sorry, but I think it is. :huh :)

Can someone post a good screen shot of Luke next to this? I want to look more closely and see if its just the paint that's throwing it off. It looks like that might be the case.

2116_press05-001.jpg

And fantastic job SS on nailing the look of the boots! Well done. Now the $64000 question is...are the leggings cloth to allow for ankle articulation?

2116_press04-001.jpg

Good for you if you think it looks exactly like Mark Hamill. And you don't have any idea what I'm talking about when I say the tailoring is fantastic? Well sorry, but I think it is. :huh :)

You said the tailoring is "incomplete".

I'm not sure how I feel about the head sculpt, it just feel kind of off somehow but I still like it. I think it has something to do with the lips.
The number of accessories is great especially if they can keep it close to ANH Han's price range. Sure I would've wanted a blast shield helmet head and Stormtrooper belt with grapple hook and blaster, but that might have bumped this closer to $75 which I wouldn't be happy about.

I still feel that the 1/6 Jedi Luke is the best sculpt of the bunch... he just screams Luke. But all of the SS efforts so far(IMO) have been better than other companies work.

2116_press05-001.jpg
Luke%20skywalker.jpg

The shape of the eyes and nose are really well done. Plus the obvious things like the mole on his right side of the face and the chin.

Last edited:
I know, that was a friendly jab at SS for not including his iconic DS accessories. For a Tatooine Luke his outfit is nearly perfect. Its shockingly good.

I see. I associated "tailoring" with the cloth material, not the accessories, which I agree the DS stuff is much wanted.

Ah, thank you for posting that. I bet its the eyes. Hamill is often very wide eyed, even when determined, and it looks like Trev sculpted him with a bit of a squint. Perfect for the sunset scene and the aforementioned "I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father..." scene but a tricky expression to nail paint-wise. Andy's first sculpt for the ANH PF Luke was with squinted eyes and the paint job made it look *horrible*. Because the features on Trev's job definitely look like they're there. When you squint half of your pupils are obscured and it looks like this Luke was painted with full pupils in his eyes. I hope the paint improves for the production piece but I think that is what was throwing it off a little for me.

Still an all around fantastic figure.

Back