ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If thats the case, then its a bigger crime.

To make a negative change for $ is understandable, though maybe contemptible.

To make a negative change for whim means someone isn't thinking or their heart isn't in it.

I would doubt beyond doubt they did it on a whim or their heart wasn't it. GG maybe but not SS. I do believe they care about us as customers as much as any business can.

Nope this is the Trevor. :cool:

Mat did all the previous Lukes though.

Better tell Sideshow to fix their site then!!

creditsjn2.jpg

That was spotted a while back.

I think with the naked eye though, the difference in style is noticeable.

Granted, the points in the film are a bit different, but Mat and Trev have distinct styles to their human portraits.

2141_press04-001.jpg

watermark.php

Mat's Lukes have very soft anatomy and hair where Trev's is more rigid and very detailed.

Hopefully someone from here gets the exclusive I had to cancel. I'll be for sure picking Luke up next month and to be honest the floppy hat does nothing for me, better to save a little here and their than to get his hat. Man I hate being a Star Wars and Batman nerd with Hot Toys Joker and Batman and picking up Begins and Gotham Knight on Blu Ray and also stalking the stores for Movie Masters no wonder my kitchen is full of Ramen

Yeah, Sean is right on the money. Mat's sculpts are softer with smoother edges, Trev adds a harder edge to things, eyes with a bit more emotion and a Roman style to hair. Both are amazing artists, and it really is cool to see several different artists tackle the same subject.

It's impossible to say which is "better", it's all in the minds eye.... which artist is closer to your own view of things...

I know that its in the mind's eye of the observer but I absolutely hate Mat's Lukes. I loved Jedi Luke when it came out because it was the best we had but it lost its luster after some time. I like the Bespin Luke but that leaves me wanting and my disgust with the abomination that is Yavin Luke is well known and documented. After seeing the beauty that is Trevor's Luke I wish that the other two had never been done.

i got my order for an exclusive updated...now i have it pre auth...so should be here NEXT monday OR tuesday!!!

I know that its in the mind's eye of the observer but I absolutely hate Mat's Lukes. I loved Jedi Luke when it came out because it was the best we had but it lost its luster after some time. I like the Bespin Luke but that leaves me wanting and my disgust with the abomination that is Yavin Luke is well known and documented. After seeing the beauty that is Trevor's Luke I wish that the other two had never been done.

I won't say Trev's better than Mat because they're so different, but I will agree, Mat wasn't as good as himself with Bespin and Yavin portraits. I thought he did a perfect job with ROTJ Luke, I wouldn't change that portrait at all. Yavin was ok but felt like a step down compared to Jedi, and Bespin was a step up from Yavin but still not as high as Jedi.

I understand what you mean... I am partial to Andy and Trev sculpts myself, they seem to be in line with my own way of thinking.

I'm with you, add to that Tim Miller, though we've not seen to many human portraits from him just yet, I like their style and raw detail method of capturing the portraits, it reflects how I do my drawings of people. Some artists capture hair with large clumps and it still looks nice, I've tried to emulate it, but it's not my thing, I draw all the little strands and these guys sculpt that way.

Mine is processing to shipping today so I may have him by Friday if it actually ships out tonight but Monday seems likely as the soonest I'll have him in hand.

Back