ANH Han Solo - Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep the pics coming. I cant wait to get mine from DA (Should be coming soon).:chew
I just thought about something. I forgot to send him the gloved hands to be painted.:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

If you want, I can repaint my gloved hands and sent them with your figure... if you would just mail me yours sometime down the road...

And BADASS picture QGF! Another classic!

Has anyone tried adding different hair to the hatless indy sculpt to improve han a little?

Incredible - I've been doing that today.

I bought an SSC Han especially for this custom, and cut the hair off in sections. I don't like the Han sculpt - even with a repaint I don't think it looks anything like Ford - but the hatless Indy is great. I basically cut the Indy hair off, sculpted on some Milliput and then stuck the Han hair sections on. I'm putting it on an Enterbay BL3 body. I'll post pictures when its ready; my customising skills are lamentable (and my painting skills non-existent) but it still looks fantastic - I mean, as an idea it's great. Someone with talent should try it!

Incredible - I've been doing that today.

I bought an SSC Han especially for this custom, and cut the hair off in sections. I don't like the Han sculpt - even with a repaint I don't think it looks anything like Ford - but the hatless Indy is great. I basically cut the Indy hair off, sculpted on some Milliput and then stuck the Han hair sections on. I'm putting it on an Enterbay BL3 body. I'll post pictures when its ready; my customising skills are lamentable (and my painting skills non-existent) but it still looks fantastic - I mean, as an idea it's great. Someone with talent should try it!

Such a tease...:lol

:slap:slap:slap

Ok, well... I guess its to each his own. It's rare to hear much of anything that approaches critical when it comes to Trevor's sculpts, but there's always a first.

I have to add, however, that Harrison WAS quite a bit less lean in 1976-7 then he was once the Indy movies started up. That's why for my money none of the Jones work-ups as Han have really worked for me. A little too lean and sinewy for the smuggler. But like I said, there's always a first. Looking forward to seeing yours...

:slap:slap:slap

Ok, well... I guess its to each his own. It's rare to hear much of anything that approaches critical when it comes to Trevor's sculpts, but there's always a first.

I have to add, however, that Harrison WAS quite a bit less lean in 1976-7 then he was once the Indy movies started up. That's why for my money none of the Jones work-ups as Han have really worked for me. A little too lean and sinewy for the smuggler. But like I said, there's always a first. Looking forward to seeing yours...

I think Trevor overdid it on the puppy fat - he would have done better to ignore it, because something about Ford in ANH made him seem lean - his character, the attitude that Ford brought to the part, whatever - even if his face was comparatively 'less lean'. But then, the big hair may have made his face rounder (as opposed to ROTJ, where it genuinely was rounder). I'll post some rough wip shots soon.

If you want, I can repaint my gloved hands and sent them with your figure... if you would just mail me yours sometime down the road...

And BADASS picture QGF! Another classic!

Sure thing bro. That would be cool. Come to thing of it, I think I have to go to the post office tomorrow, so I can mail them out then. Thanks DA.:banana

I think Trevor overdid it on the puppy fat - he would have done better to ignore it, because something about Ford in ANH made him seem lean - his character, the attitude that Ford brought to the part, whatever - even if his face was comparatively 'less lean'. But then, the big hair may have made his face rounder (as opposed to ROTJ, where it genuinely was rounder). I'll post some rough wip shots soon.

I think Trevor did a wonderful job. Look how much Ford's face can change in the movie:

2cqzint.jpg

34e9lky.jpg

2z6xqgx.jpg

Not to mention Luke's...

I don't normally call people on stuff but buddy you couldn't be more wrong, IMO.

I know, I know, I'm in a minority of one on this. But I just think it doesn't capture Ford's personality. Yes, I know LFL don't allow much personality in their figures, but Trevor managed it very subtly with Indy. I look at the ANH Han as being part of the learning curve for Trevor that culminated in his superb Indy headsculpts.

Similarly, I think Trevor's next shot at Luke will be a much better likeness than farmboy Luke, which doesn't nail it for me - and I've spent a LONG time staring at this figure in Forbidden Planet wishing that I liked it more, because I really want a good Farmboy Luke!

Does anyone know of any really good repaints of Farmboy Luke that might change my mind?

At this point I expect I sound like I have the Kool-aid in hand for Trevor, but I disagree with your opinion on Farmboy as well. I think Trev nailed it to the wall..!
lukeskywalkerheadsculptth9.jpg

This is the best repaint I've seen posted:
anhlukerepainttj6.jpg

I guess it goes to show that we all have a unique set of face recognition software wired up in our collective head because no matter how perfect some think a sculpt is, there is always someone round the corner who doesn't see it at all. I expect there are blokes out there who "just don't see it" on Trevor's PF Indy too. Ah well, I can't save the world...

I don't normally call people on stuff but buddy you couldn't be more wrong, IMO.

Its a matter of opinion so how can he be wrong?

I myself am amazed that people can't see that both ANH Han and Luke are the greatest likenesses ever produced of those actors too, but what can you do?

You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink. :lecture

Sorry to pipe in as a naysayer, and I can certainly see Ford in the PF Indy, but the ANH Han and Luke have something 'of' Ford and Hamill rather than being of Ford and Hamill!
As you say Qui Gon, we are indeed anthropologically hard-wired to look for different features depending on our upbringing, ethnicity etc, etc. It's like when you're with a friend or loved one and see someone in the street and say 'hey, wasn't that person just like '(insert friends name here)' and they look at you like you are mad!
However sometimes a sculpt is unquestionable like Old Ben, Gandalf, BR Joker and the amazing new Arnie as Dutch from PREDATOR sculpt.
But time and time again these two sculpts of Han and Luke are cited as loved or loathed which says to me they are not 100% there... well to me any way... so I guess that takes us back to square one!

Its a matter of opinion so how can he be wrong?

I myself am amazed that people can't see that both ANH Han and Luke are the greatest likenesses ever produced of those actors too, but what can you do?

You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink. :lecture

I'm with you - the sculpts are dead on...the paint apps look awful. That luke repaint is great with the face

At this point I expect I sound like I have the Kool-aid in hand for Trevor, but I disagree with your opinion on Farmboy as well. I think Trev nailed it to the wall..!
lukeskywalkerheadsculptth9.jpg

This is the best repaint I've seen posted:
anhlukerepainttj6.jpg

I guess it goes to show that we all have a unique set of face recognition software wired up in our collective head because no matter how perfect some think a sculpt is, there is always someone round the corner who doesn't see it at all. I expect there are blokes out there who "just don't see it" on Trevor's PF Indy too. Ah well, I can't save the world...

Thanks for posting these, QGF, but they still don't convince me. To me the Farmboy sculpt looks too defined (especially around the cheekbones), too conventionally heroic. Hammill has softer, more rounded features. As for the Indy PF... I think the 1/6 sculpt is a better likeness of Ford, but the PF likeness really nails his onscreen persona.

Back