ANH Buckets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps an apology and explanation for the people left disappointed and the disappearance, before continuing contributing elsewhere in the community..?

Perhaps an apology and explanation for the people left disappointed and the disappearance, before continuing contributing elsewhere in the community..?

I think it's just scottjua and agonsitines86 that are out helmets (though scott I believe is owed three) - maybe they could reach out to him on FB to see if can be resolved. It's not like there's a dozen people, I think it's just four helmets needed to resolve the situation which is pretty do-able.

After seeing the posts here (and seeing the same post on FB on my timeline the same day, but missing the user name), I contacted Will on Facebook. He replied quickly and we've been chatting daily since.
I don't want to speak for him of course, but from my understanding it boiled down to him being unhappy with the quality of the prints, and having too many distractions in his private life at the time that complicated things.
He sent my three buckets last week, so I'm hoping to receive them soon! I had long written these off, so this was a welcome surprise.

@scottjua I mentioned that you are in the same boat as well, but I think it's best that you contact him on FB yourself.

Nice. Glad you were able to work things out. Hope Scottjua gets finalized too.
Would that be everyone?

I think scottjua is the last one, yeah.

And my buckets arrived today. :) They look great! Some work needed here and there, but doable. I'm currently working on Boba Fett, I'll likely start these afterwards. Now it's time to get some white spray paint, primer, etc.
Between this and Carsten's ANH Vader, my ANH shelf will be receiving a tremendous upgrade!

Saw those MinuteFett files for sale on another thread. Don’t have a printer and have minimal knowledge of 3D printing but someone needs to 1/6th the hell outta those!

Saw those MinuteFett files for sale on another thread. Don?t have a printer and have minimal knowledge of 3D printing but someone needs to 1/6th the hell outta those!

Yeah we need to get that happening somehow! 3d printing is also way beyond my skill set, but I've considered creating a thread here just to see if somebody would be up for it. I think we could easily get 5-10 people interested.

Derailing a bit here, but archive X paint is releasing their acrylic paints soon, so my plan is to get a couple of the main colours for Boba's armour. If this helmet comes to fruition in 1:6, I could stop worrying about how to do my custom helmet, and would have everything ready for a near perfect 1:6 Fett. :)

Yeah we need to get that happening somehow! 3d printing is also way beyond my skill set, but I've considered creating a thread here just to see if somebody would be up for it. I think we could easily get 5-10 people interested.

Derailing a bit here, but archive X paint is releasing their acrylic paints soon, so my plan is to get a couple of the main colours for Boba's armour. If this helmet comes to fruition in 1:6, I could stop worrying about how to do my custom helmet, and would have everything ready for a near perfect 1:6 Fett. :)

The files might need to be altered thicken the shell which is one of the difficulties of downsizing 1:1 print files. But I would definitely be down for a couple sets!
Please post your views on the Archive-X acrylics. I?ve heard great things about their enamels but I mainly use acrylics. Would have the spot on Fett color palette :D

Please post your views on the Archive-X acrylics. I?ve heard great things about their enamels but I mainly use acrylics. Would have the spot on Fett color palette :D
Ive preordered the Acrylic set. Cant wait for them to get here!!!

My Fett custom is one of the first thing I want to use the paint on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has them listed on Etsy. There are two types, one ROTJSE and an FPH3. Is that the also the Fugly? I'm not to informed about the different casts going around.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/861...et-scan-3d-model?ref=shop_home_active_5&pro=1
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/964...met-scan-3d-file?ref=shop_home_active_1&pro=1

I bought the SE file. I'd like to build a rudimentary neck socket into it and sort out a separate visor piece so the edges are cleaner though.

fett1.JPG
fett2.JPG

Where were these offered? In the sales section?

Somebody (Dave W?) posted somewhere... possibly the 1/6 HT ESB Fett thread? But yes those Etsy links^^ were them I believe.
As mentioned someone with 3D sculpting/printing skills should tackle this in 1/6 form :monkey3

He has them listed on Etsy. There are two types, one ROTJSE and an FPH3. Is that the also the Fugly? I'm not to informed about the different casts going around.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/861...et-scan-3d-model?ref=shop_home_active_5&pro=1
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/964...met-scan-3d-file?ref=shop_home_active_1&pro=1

I bought the SE file. I'd like to build a rudimentary neck socket into it and sort out a separate visor piece so the edges are cleaner though.

View attachment 506710
View attachment 506711

Those look so good. Looking forward to your mod/custom.

I believe the Fugly is the FPH3 which is a cleaned up version of the ROTJSE... damaged original ESB bucket.

I just bought the FHPIII one from him. The files want to open in Photoshop though. I?m new to 3D printing, and have just bough an Elegoo Saturn. It?s still not set up yet though. The files I?ve downloaded from Thingaverse are just regular 3D print files ready to go, so I?m a little confused about these Photoshop files. Maybe one of you guys with more 3D printing experience can help me understand what to do.

I just bought the FHPIII one from him. The files want to open in Photoshop though. I?m new to 3D printing, and have just bough an Elegoo Saturn. It?s still not set up yet though. The files I?ve downloaded from Thingaverse are just regular 3D print files ready to go, so I?m a little confused about these Photoshop files. Maybe one of you guys with more 3D printing experience can help me understand what to do.

What's the file extension?

.OBJ

And do you have a 3D modeling app on your computer?

I only have experience doing 3D on Rhino and ZBrush, but I believe you can create 3D shapes in PS so if you don?t have anything else I can see how it would default to that...

You can open .obj files in MeshMixer, Blender and all sorts of other 3D software. It is a standard 3D format that works well for printing. If it wants to open up in Photoshop, then it is because it is saved with that pre-set, however, you can alter which software you want to open it in. If you have any of the mentioned 3D programs, you just use the import function - and the programs are free to use and quite good.

Great to hear, WTC! Please keep us in the loop on your progress. And if you would be able to offer some for sale at some point in the future, please keep me in mind for one!
And of course I wouldn't mind getting the 3D file from MinuteFett so he's properly compensated/credited for his work as well.

Back