Angel: The Complete Series 30-Disk Collector's DVD Set for $51

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys are really hyping me up! I can't wait to get into this show now. Should I finish all the seasons of Buffy before I start Angel or does it not really matter?

I actually found it really awesome watching both shows together on DVD during the seasons when they were actually broadcast in the same year originally.
I remember on one episode of "Buffy" Oz says he's going to LA, and Buffy asks him to give Angel something. Then when you watch "Angel", you see Oz coming to LA to give said thing to Angel. Joss Whedon's continuity in both shows is great!
And Wesley definitely turns out to be more than his bumbling watcher self from "Buffy".
I'm happy you get to experience "Angel" for the first time, Rory!:banana

My order is already shipped! Unfortunately, there's no free shipping for me, as I'm an oversees customer. Those (high) shipping costs are always spoiling the fun a bit.

I wish they'd remaster and release both Buffy and Angel on blu-ray already. I already have both in the individual season fat-cases.

Would take YEARS to prep these for HD if it's even possible.
Like alot of shows in the 90's, (like The X-Files)
although shot on film, (and S1 and S2 of Buffy was shot on 16mm!) with the exception of S5 of Angel, all the Buffy and Angel eps. were edited and all the FX done on SD video. The masters ONLY exist on SD video. Would require a TON of work to get these ready for HD. Finding ALL the original unedited film footage, rescanning in HD, re-editing, then re-doing all the FX in HD the way CBS digital for TREK:TOS just spent 2 years doing for only 3 seasons. Will take years to do if they ever bother.

I wish they'd remaster and release both Buffy and Angel on blu-ray already. I already have both in the individual season fat-cases.

I own those too. The "foldout cases" is how you can tell the real fans from the rest. :rock (Just kidding. :lol ) But oddly enough, they always re-release these sets into the slimmer casing and everytime I see one, I think how much I like the fold out casing from the original release. And it's funny too because you wouldn't think much about it, but the foldout cases really do bring in more money resale wise. I was looking the other day on Ebay and it's funny how the prices fluctuate between the two versions.

I like Buffy... but how does the show Angel compare to it?

I can't really pinpoint what I like about Buffy. It's partly the humor and partly the cute girl(s). :lol
I think you'll like it buddy.
Angel, as a few have mentioned is darker and more brooding than Buffy and touches on some more serious issues but in a very good way.

I was fortunate to be able to watch the final seasons of both Buffy and Angel when they were being aired(my ex was downloading them from the US for me,,SSsshhh :lol) which helped as there was a couple of cross-overs.
I would definately recommend watching all Buffy before Angel.

There are cross-over points that may get a little confusing if watching one set, then the other but you'll figure it out.

Its all good fun and a bit of escapism for the viewer, and watching the characters grow/change is very interesting.

Hope you enjoy them pal :rock
x :peace

Last edited:
I have all seven season of buffy and have watched Angel when it aired. They are both very good. If you are a buffy fan or into the buffyuniverse at all you will enjoy Angel and his crew. Its defin. a Darker show but the humor is still there. spike, angel=puppets. I laughed my ^^^ off. You will love Wesley by the end of the show- trust me. I can't wait to get this great deal.

Back