Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i emailed Oluf Hartvigson and i got a reply less than 24 hours later.

Sue, i think he has read your comment about the "worms" in his forehead lol

But by the sounds of this, there is a good chance that there will be some changes made.

Also, I was right about the wrinkles. The reference image was of him looking up!! LOL

He seems like a really nice guy too. I just dont think its right for Sideshow to limit the ways he works. Thats why Sideshow pieces are sometimes off. He has to do exactly what the team want, even if it means mix 'n' matching photos, facial expressions and hairstyles.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I am very sorry to hear there is so much grief about the facial expression. Luckily there may be an opportunity to re-visit the "worms" on the forehead. When I post images in the production blog I think most people will agree that the rest of the sculpting issues are mute. The face is much better proportioned in this version that the 12"...narrower.

The wrinkles come from the reference I was provided which showed him looking up and wrinkling his forehead quite a bit. About the hair...I can only do what the design team @ Sideshow wants...if they prefer the look of the hair you have provided, then sure, but if not, it may remain the same.

Thanks for your support and the heads up!

Best regards,
Oluf

Oh bless him. What a sweetie! Very nice of him to get back to you so quickly like that.

Unfortunately I'm surprised (well maybe I shouldn't be) that the so called Sideshow 'creative Team' can ignore the advice of one of their sculptors like this. Surely thats what he's paid for.

I certainly wouldn't tell my accountant how to do my accounts. I trust him to do the job, as he's the expert and thats what I pay him for.

I hope Oluf manages to turn this thing around, and mores to the point Sideshow let him!

That was a very good idea to email him like that. The more we know about how Sideshow works, the better, when it comes to something like this.

He seems really nice. It's funny how he gives us a better answer than Sideshow actually do. I agree with olvidadero that once the wrinkles are fixed Angel is soooooo ready...lol

I am so glad Angel is still on the top ten list even after all the ComicCon pre-orders were up a couple of days ago. It means the line is strong (something I never doubted) and people want more.

Ripper, the comics, the PF line, the tooned up Buffy line, the new Diamond lines... Buffy lives. Now, the resurrection of the 1/6 line would be perfection. We so need Wes, Anya, Fred... :monkey2

EDIT: OOPS, DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. PLEASE, ADMIN, DELETE THIS ONE.

I am so glad Angel is still on the top ten list even after all the ComicCon pre-orders were up a couple of days ago. To me it means the line is strong (something I never doubted) and people want more.

Ripper, the comics, the PF line, the tooned up Buffy line, the new Diamond lines... Buffy lives. Now, the resurrection of the 1/6 line would be perfection. We so need Wes, Anya, Fred... :monkey2

Having seen it in person at SDCC, I do like the parts of his face that aren't his forehead. I'm not in love with his hair, but it's acceptable IMO, and if that were the only problem I'd be happy. But not only do we have the wrong kind of forehead wrinklies for the poor vamp, but when you're looking at him straight on, he looks like he doesn't have any arms, and the way his coat gaps at the waist does, in fact, give him the look ike he's got a paunch.

I hope Oluf is right that there may still be time to fix his "worms." The person I taked to at the booth claimed that it's a final version, not a prototype. Grr. I'm not expecting the clothes or pose to be significantly changed, even if they need to be (which they do), but if they could at least fix his stupid forehead, he'd be a whole lot better.

I ordered this one I hope they fix the human head but if not I dont care to much since I'll be using the Vamp head anyway. Even if it is the final version I'd hope there is time to fix the head since its most likley a seperate mold from the body.

I was impressed by seeing Angel in person at SDCC. So much so that I've chosen not to cancel my order. Sure the worms are an issue, but not as great an issue as I originally thought.

I tried to get the Sideshow reps display the piece with the Vamp head but they said they they didn't bring it. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Angel was born in 1727, so he was 275 years old in 2002, that's the third season of Angel the series, if I'm not wrong. Cool coincidence.

I saw the Angel PF at SDCC and I can assure you that it looks fantastic. There is nothing wrong with the pose. In my opinion at least. :) However, I will say that the wrinkles in the forehead are too much and it does throw off an otherwise excellent facial sculpt. My only other beef is the coat. Personally I prefer the longer full length coat but that's basically personal preference.

In regards to the vampire head vs the human head. I actually prefer Spike with his human head and Angel with his Vampire Head. That may change if they adjust the forehead on Angel.

I saw the Angel PF at SDCC and I can assure you that it looks fantastic. There is nothing wrong with the pose. In my opinion at least. :) However, I will say that the wrinkles in the forehead are too much and it does throw off an otherwise excellent facial sculpt. My only other beef is the coat. Personally I prefer the longer full length coat but that's basically personal preference.

In regards to the vampire head vs the human head. I actually prefer Spike with his human head and Angel with his Vampire Head. That may change if they adjust the forehead on Angel.

There's like a 100% unanimity among people about the wrinkles. They NEED to be fixed, period. However, the rest of the 'issues' as you well put it, is about tastes. I'm not a fan of the pose, but it's growing on me and the choice of the outfit, in my opinion, is a smart one. I have enough with one leather coated PF, a different outfit is refreshing, and Angel did wear alot of different outfits throughout the years, contrary to Spike who almost always wore the same one, being thus the lather coat more iconic and representative to Spike.

Back