Angel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are my eyes deceiving me or does Sideshow list the Spike PF at 22" and the Angel PF at 21"?!?!?!?!?! That's the same height at Buffy's PF, they must be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angel towered over Buffy.

No matter how hunched the Angel PF may be there's no way in :devil - land that Angel's PF shouldn't be noticably TALLER than Spke and WAY taller than Buffy. David is a good 4 inches taller than James, and 7 or 8 inches taller than SMG. It's noticable in promo pics and was on the show as well. To have Angel the same height, or shorter than Buffy and Spike's PFs would make the piece and absolute joke, a major screw up! Tell me that's a misprint!!!!!

Not to fret,
Angels taller:cool:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=comiccon07_photos#id=cc07-072507_gal01&num=128

The Angel sculpt looks fantastic here. The only thing really wrong are the wrinkles. If they go, it will be dead on. And I really hope my posting of this pic wont fuel a new *****ing session.

IMG_8549.JPG

WOW! He looks so good on that photo, I want to see more now. I think they should fire their website photographer, no justice at all with the "professional" pics.

The wrinkles are still there, but that image shows that the expression on his face is the reason behind them. They could perhaps make them a little more smaller. But other than that this figure can be another winner for Sideshow.

The Angel sculpt looks fantastic here. The only thing really wrong are the wrinkles. If they go, it will be dead on. And I really hope my posting of this pic wont fuel a new *****ing session.

IMG_8549.JPG

Nice Photo!
From the Eyebrows down, he looks great. Its just the wrinkles and hair thats throwing it for me. But i still want it :D

The jacket looks better fit now than it does on the Sideshow site.

However, one thing that is really getting to me is the arms. They look stick thin, so unlike Davids arms. I thinks its because his arms are behind his back, they look thin at the sides, and since the jacket is tight on the arms, its hugging the skinny PF arms, making his look very thin. Come on, David has very large upper arms and shoulders!

Its just, the hair looks too square for Angel, thats whats throwing it for me.

Also, the wrinkles, it seems to me, this happens when David is bowing his head slightly and looking up, thats when the wrinkles on his head stands out. SO, it could be accurate to the way he is standing. If that makes sense.

Cant wait to see more photos
Wayne

Last edited:
Other than the wrinkles, that pic does look pretty good. As long as the vampire head turns out well, I don't care that much anyway :monkey1

I think it's a real 'bloke thing' that males (on the whole) seem to prefer the vamp face over a true portrayal of the actual character.

Vamp face is easy to do, getting a good portrait sculpt is more difficult, and I for one prefer it, and appreciate it when an artist gets it right.

I mean in the show Angel and Spike were hardly seen like that, so having a good human face is a must for me.

Those wrinkles are just killing that sculpt.

I agree Sue. I think only women and gay people like the actual human face, lol. I really hope they fix those wrinkles because they let it down alot

Even though I am going to display the vamp head, I'd like for the human sculpt to be top-notch. But if it ends up being merely decent, I can live with it.

I think I've given my rationale for displaying the vampire heads before, but I'll go ahead and repeat myself at the risk of annoying people :p First, considering the massive impact that being a vampire has on the "unlives" of both Angel and Spike, I'd say that it's a defining trait. Second, I think vampire faces are more interesting than human faces from an aesthetic standpoint because they are out of the ordinary. Vampire faces have distinguishing features. And third, placing a vampire on either side of Buffy *the Vampire Slayer* creates a striking display. Even people who aren't fans of the show are going to be able to appreciate it.

I agree Sue. I think only women and gay people like the actual human face, lol. I really hope they fix those wrinkles because they let it down alot

That is one of the most sillyest things ive ever heard lol
I can just see it now. Human PF Angel- For Gays and Women only, Vampire PF Angel for Men Only!

Totally untrue. Im straight and i want the human Angel sculpt as much as the vampire, probably more. I would have ordered it even if it didnt come with a vampire head anyway.

lets just hope they refine a few changes before the release.

Wayne

That is one of the most sillyest things ive ever heard lol
I can just see it now. Human PF Angel- For Gays and Women only, Vampire PF Angel for Men Only!

Totally untrue. Im straight and i want the human Angel sculpt as much as the vampire, probably more. I would have ordered it even if it didnt come with a vampire head anyway.

lets just hope they refine a few changes before the release.

Wayne
What i actually meant is that he's a very sexy guy and that matters to those who think so like women and gay people

BillyBudd said:
I think I've given my rationale for displaying the vampire heads before, but I'll go ahead and repeat myself at the risk of annoying people.
You've summed up my feelings, exactly, BillyBudd.

I used to say the same thing about the 1:6 line, when people complained there were too many MotW and vamps being released. My mantra then was context, context, context.

It's not Buffy and Her Pals, it's not Buffy 90210, it's Buffy the VAMPIRE SLAYER!

I completely understand Sueworld's, willowswarlock's, Slayerverse98's and others' point-of-view, too. We all have our idealized versions of these characters that out mind's eye shows us whenever we think of them. Here's hoping the production figure will ultimately deliver the best of both worlds to everyone!

:stake :stake :stake

willowswarlock said:
...one thing that is really getting to me is the arms. They look stick thin...

Due to the lack of a fully-sculpted body, thin arms are typical on some of the clothed PFs, especially when the arms are not hanging straight at the sides of the body. Take a look at the arms on the Wolf Man and the new Godfather PF, for examples.

What i actually meant is that he's a very sexy guy and that matters to those who think so like women and gay people
Don't forget: Women are Gay people, and people are Gay women, too! :D

Yup...can't forget about the Big Bads. It's unfortunate that demon merchandise doesn't receive more support. I especially would have liked to have seen more MAC demon busts because they are all high-quality pieces. For instance, it's a shame that we never got a Master bust. The character was Buffy's first major adversary, and he got left out of the line! He killed Buffy! That's got to count for something! ha

I found some more PF Angel pics over at the Shadow and Flame forum. This first pic actually looks pretty darn good, though I still think the wrinkles should be more subtle.

angelpfwj3.jpg

angelpf2ru3.jpg

Man, those wrinkles are really absurd. He looks like the Emperor from Return of the Jedi. :emperor

OMG he looks like he's got a bunch of worms burrowing under his forehead!

Awful. :rotfl

I'm sorry but it looks dreadful. Worse than I thought.
C'mon! Wrinkles like that would only exist on DB, (heck ANYONE under 50!) if they had their eyes bulging and eyebrows all the way up. Since he doesn't, it doesn't work, plain and simple. I'd like to see the picture they used for reference.
Anyone willing to shell out $250 for this substandard piece just encourages them to keep doing shoddy work. Why should they bother making it look right? The fans will buy ANYTHING.

It sucks and it ruins the whole face.

grrrr....

The only thig that really bothers me with the sculpt is the wrinkles. If they fix that I will be happy with it.

Although, I wouldn't mind if they thinned out his hair just a bit too. :monkey1

ugh. I just looked again and he has "neck wrinkles" too!

wtf...?!?!

I'm 39, 40 in september and don't have any yet. The character of ANGEL is supposed to be eternally like 25 or so. Even DB doesn't look this ragged NOW, years later.

Last edited:
Back