Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IrishJedi said:
Why, thank you. I've been lurking for quite a few months but was honestly perplexed myself when I discovered today that I hadn't even yet registered for an account. :rolleyes:

I'll certainly be around from now on, though. The SSC 12" SW line has completed recharged my collecting batteries.

Now, if I could just find someone to take all of my Hasbro 12" figures off my hands. :rotfl

Hey Irish. I know you, but I am purty new on the RS board as well as this one so you may not know me, but its good to see you, none the less. :D

PS I still like Hasbro....

IrishJedi said:
WRONG. I have met both Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen personally, and Hayden is indeed at least a legit 6'1".
Here is a pic of me with him. For scale of reference, I am 5'9 (and at least the same height as Hamill, if not slightly taller):...

Welcome and thanks for the reference. Also, if you've been a lurker to this fine forum for a while than I'm sure you can appreciate that some here won't necessarily let facts get in the way of an argument or opinion. ;) :rotfl

I was surprised to hear how tall Hayden is. For some reason, he just didn't come off as that tall in the movies. But we all know that Mark Hamill is "a little short for a stormtrooper."

Fritz said:
Welcome and thanks for the reference. Also, if you've been a lurker to this fine forum for a while than I'm sure you can appreciate that some here won't necessarily let facts get in the way of an argument or opinion. ;) :rotfl

Oh yeah.... that much is certain. :monkey1

And welcome Irish! Glad you finally joined up, and very nice of you to share your Hayden memories with us!

pixletwin said:
Crappy customization issues aside, I am liking the height differences between father and son.

image0987.jpg
What do you mean by "Crappy customization issues aside..."?

Are you talking about the paint job, or something else?

*ss*

Here's another image pulled off the Chinese forum the ended up over at RS (confused yet:lol ). Anyway, its not perfect, especially the lighting, but it does look a lot better, IMO than the first image we saw.

dsci00249sq.jpg

galactiboy said:
Here's another image pulled off the Chinese forum the ended up over at RS (confused yet:lol ). Anyway, its not perfect, especially the lighting, but it does look a lot better, IMO than the first image we saw.

dsci00249sq.jpg

Sculpt looks pretty good although not as sharp as the proto sculpt, the chin is softer, faint cleft vs strong cleft, lips are definitely different and smaller (compare lower lip with proto and toyfair) and a bit off on paint apps, ruby red? Eyes do look pretty good, eyebrows painted a bit thick maybe?

Always tough to tell with one pic

Still reserving final judgment until I have mine in hand, hopefully in a few days.

Last edited:
I'm definitely reserving judgment as well. It would take a lot for me to feel the need to return this figure. I think if he shows up looking like the last picture I'll be happy, especially with the quality of the clothing and accessories.

But time will tell. My only concern would be a downward trend on the figures, I think it would be really sad if Luke was the benchmark and no other figures come with as high quality of paint... but that is totally not like Sideshow to do so I'm really not worried.

galactiboy said:
I'm definitely reserving judgment as well. It would take a lot for me to feel the need to return this figure. I think if he shows up looking like the last picture I'll be happy, especially with the quality of the clothing and accessories.

But time will tell. My only concern would be a downward trend on the figures, I think it would be really sad if Luke was the benchmark and no other figures come with as high quality of paint... but that is totally not like Sideshow to do so I'm really not worried.

I wouldn't worry at all.

All those criticisms could be attributed to the flash used in the photo - washes out some shadows and exaggerates others. At this point it seems like the only complaint we might legitimately have is the lips are too dark.

tomandshell said:
My credit card has not been preauthorized for either Anakin or Grievous. :sick

Should be soon,

Ani is arriving in the SSC warehouse this week, CS said probably mid week or later but the first Ani shipment should be going out by end of week.

The Chinese forum is really pretty hoppin', I have no idea what they are saying, but seems people are getting them in. Here's a nice montage I lifted of the figures headsculpt:
anakin_head.jpg

galactiboy said:
The Chinese forum is really pretty hoppin', I have no idea what they are saying, but seems people are getting them in. Here's a nice montage I lifted of the figures headsculpt:
anakin_head.jpg

Again, looks great but same comments as earlier... thanks for the pics!

It's starting to look pretty clear that the Toy Fair Anakin was not actually a production sample... :sick

Natural coloring on his lips, and not a hint of black mascara, thinner and natural looking eyebrows, and a lighter hair color with subtle variations:

IMG_0094.jpg

With more pix coming out the more I think the first image in this thread is the Anakin we'll be getting....I really dont like the lips, they are to dark and it looks like he is getting ready to kiss someone and the mascara under the eyes is dreadfull....I think Chicken Little has finally grabed a hold of me and aint letting go...

galactiboy said:
anakin_head.jpg

If my Anakin looks like that I will be one happy little camper. :D

Back