American Horror Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like seeing the old murders that happened in the house.

I like how the show starts off in a different year each episode

I think that's one of my favorite aspects of the show. I really love flashbacks on shows, but not a silly one that's only a few years ago. I mean like, 40, 50, 100 years ago. The history of stories like that are just so intriguing.

I'm very curious as to how many freaking murders happened in that house. You'd think after the first dozen or so someone would have said, enough is enough, and burned the place down. :dunno

I like it how you can have sex and then know the next day that you're pregnant :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

That's one glaring issue I have... the timing just isn't working out on that.

I don't think it was the next day--there's no indication of time in the show so it could have been much later.

Maybe not, but even in the next episode the dad is mentioning only working with the teenage boy for a few weeks. Its a small thing, but they probaby should have held off the pregnancy thing for a bit imo.

I liked the pilot, but tonight's episode is already veering into soap opera/Nip Tuck territory. Actually, I guess that started with the first episode.

I felt the same way, it was a bit too much for a 2nd episode:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Also a few nits from being a psychologist:

1) seeing clients in your own home is very odd. Some do, but usually you have separate entrance and do not ever allow people to walk willy-nilly through your home or to be around your family.

2) The Dad is a psychiatrist, not a psychologist/counselor... realistically his meetings are 15-20 minutes at best, and once a month. Very little to no therapy; that is left to others. Since they're not talking about meds at all I think it was just an odd choice to go that direction with him.

3) You can be damn sure if there is a client who is at risk of killing people or himself you aren't waiting until the next day (or so it seemed due to the dad wearing different clothes) to report that ____. Its done right away; not when you get around to it.

Likely that will be the excuse... but I knew a family in which the mother was violently murdered in the front room by a home invasion. Didn't matter they couldn't sell it; they got the ____ out.

Pretty kewl show so far, I like it. They do need to remove all the naked man ass shots though.

That was another thing you saw a lot of in Nip/Tuck. :monkey4

Also a few nits from being a psychologist:

1) seeing clients in your own home is very odd. Some do, but usually you have separate entrance and do not ever allow people to walk willy-nilly through your home or to be around your family.

2) The Dad is a psychiatrist, not a psychologist/counselor... realistically his meetings are 15-20 minutes at best, and once a month. Very little to no therapy; that is left to others. Since they're not talking about meds at all I think it was just an odd choice to go that direction with him.

3) You can be damn sure if there is a client who is at risk of killing people or himself you aren't waiting until the next day (or so it seemed due to the dad wearing different clothes) to report that ____. Its done right away; not when you get around to it.

Hey, it worked for Alan Thicke on Growing Pains. :lol

I'm very curious as to how many freaking murders happened in that house. You'd think after the first dozen or so someone would have said, enough is enough, and burned the place down. :dunno

that one guy set fire to his family remember? never said if the house was badly damaged afterwards though

I don't think she as a very good real estate agent... sure she disclosed 2 murders. But I count a total of 9 before they moved in so far that have been shown and I'm sure there are more to come.

I dunno, the real estate lady in episode 1 said it was completely restored to the original condition

This is true. I guess nothing can really tare down the evil that lives there. But we all know they wont move, or the show will be over. OR we'd get new characters every month. That wont work. So, what will the house do to control them not leaving, I wonder.

This is true. I guess nothing can really tare down the evil that lives there. But we all know they wont move, or the show will be over. OR we'd get new characters every month. That wont work. So, what will the house do to control them not leaving, I wonder.

I could see the ghosts manipulating the situation

I'm liking the show - they addressed my main concern at the end of the 2nd episode - that's great.

I don't think that Jessica Lange and her family are ghosts - and that includes the blond disturbed kid (obviously her son) and the Downs girl (are we really calling her that?). They just know how to get into the house easily having lived next door.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm liking the show - they addressed my main concern at the end of the 2nd episode - that's great.

I don't think that Jessica Lange and her family are ghosts - and that includes the blond disturbed kid (obviously her son) and the Downs girl (are we really calling her that?). They just know how to get into the house easily having lived next door.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Guess we can all call her addy, or whatever everyone wishes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think that Jessica Lange and her family are ghosts - and that includes the blond disturbed kid

If he's not a ghost then at the very least he's not human because he transformed into the same weird demon that killed the twins to attack/scare the girl who was bullying the daughter at school.

If he's not a ghost then at the very least he's not human because he transformed into the same weird demon that killed the twins to attack/scare the girl who was bullying the daughter at school.

Unless he just knows how to summon that demon :dunno

He didn't summon it though. Because it didn't appear there with him. The scene inter-cut shots of him and then the demon thing which implies they're one in the same.

Back