AMC's The Killing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possible. But kinda iffy. She doesn't strike me as the type of person to keep an 8+ year old file on her desk involving the murder of a woman who's the biological mother of her adopted son that she's raised since age 6.

As far as her reaction and getting kinda irked that's probably due to Holder commenting "Crackhead thought she was Picasso!?" followed by the tactful "did he get iced too?" after Linden clarifies that it was the "Crackhead's 6 yr. old son" who drew the picture. :lol

Still.. it's possible.

Didn't know this before, but apparently this series is a remake of a Danish show!? Curious: has anyone read up or spoiled themselves with info from that original series?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0826760/

Saw a few episodes 2 years ago on BBC, was very well done but missed most of it so never really knew what happened.

Evan

There was a nice write-up of it in the current EW magazine, seems it's a re-make of a swedish tv show which was very well thought of. It also has a 24 vibe as each episode is a 24 hour period within the mystery, only 13 episodes though so not sure if it has a definte ending or not.

I'll be checking it out, still bummed that AMC cancelled Rubicon.
Evan

they cancelled Rubicon, damn it :gah: i guess shows that make you think don't get much of a following:monkey2

The trailer for this version does look good, but I only finished watching the Danish version a few weeks ago and it looks identical... similar/same music as well.

Maybe in a few years time I'll watch it to see how it compares.

Next for me is The Killing season 2 (Danish version).

PsychoCenobite :horror

nope i've been watching it every week. great show and i don't think the old man's going to kill the teacher, also seems to easy that all the sudden it's pegged on him and his wife and i suspect a twist yet.

Teacher and wife didnt do it...but they certainly look guilty. I am expecting twists all the way to the very end. I really hope they solve the case and move onto a new case next season. I will be bummed if they drag on this case.

All of the actors are fantastic!!

I'm still enjoying the show, it's slow to some degree but I think that's because most are used to the quick pacing of Amercian crime procedural shows. I like how they keep about 1/3 of each episode on each storyline, it really adds depth.

It feels like a BBC show as compared to most stuff on current tv and I think thats a good thing.

Evan

i also think that the councilman will end up winning the election after the teacher is cleared and they find out that it was someone on the mayors team that did it.:lecture

I went looking for this thread today and found it on page 4. I'm still watching, but it has gotten pretty slow. Call me am American with a short attention span, but I am losing interest. :lol

I'll stick with it to the end since we are near the halfway point, but it really needs to pick up the pace for me to watch a second season. Is Seattle really that depressing? It seems like everyone is either stoned or miserable. :lol

Teacher and wife didnt do it...but they certainly look guilty. I am expecting twists all the way to the very end. I really hope they solve the case and move onto a new case next season. I will be bummed if they drag on this case.

All of the actors are fantastic!!

Yes it will be solved and yes they'll move onto a new case if there's a 2nd season.

It feels like a BBC show as compared to most stuff on current tv and I think thats a good thing.

Evan

Pretty close...it's a remake of a Danish TV show.

Yes it will be solved and yes they'll move onto a new case if there's a 2nd season.

Pretty close...it's a remake of a Danish TV show.

Aye, I know I watched a couple of episodes a few years back but never followed up on them, think it was actually season 2 of the Danish TV series.

If you enjoyed those I'd recommend Wallander, either the Dainsh or BBC version both are excellent.

Evan

So, if there's a second season with the same cast, I guess that doesn't bode well for Linden's fiancee and their plan to move to Sonoma... :dunno

Back