Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are you getting the exclusive? It's a no-brainer right here. :D

I like the price tag at $200-300. I think we'd start to see people dropping off at much higher than that. The line has a solid fan base right now and I'd hate to see it alienate any fans and see a drop in interest in the wake of higher price tags. This scale is ideal for me.

Meant to say I'm not getting the exclusive...they apparently have to be ordered direct from Sideshow and I've no credit card or bank account... I only use Paypal with assitance from my aunt and brother...no money in there right now so no ordering. I can pre-order the reg piece through Dan's store though like I have all the others so that's what I'm doing...I'll get an Allo skull later on somewhere I suppose.

Same here. I tried 3 different SS Originals coupons, but no luck. I filled out a customer service form and should hear back from SS in a day or two.

Again, I'm a sucker for instant gratification with collectible pre-ordering. I'll be calling tomorrow.

Meant to say I'm not getting the exclusive...they apparently have to be ordered direct from Sideshow and I've no credit card or bank account... I only use Paypal with assitance from my aunt and brother...no money in there right now so no ordering. I can pre-order the reg piece through Dan's store though like I have all the others so that's what I'm doing...I'll get an Allo skull later on somewhere I suppose.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll provide a profusion of pictures for you, though, my friend.:chew

Thanks..I have ideas how to remedy it..Kaiyodo also makes a neat skull I could use to make my own...if I want..I may not have time though.

I'm def going to have my claws full..I need to start work on this 1:1 or at least close to that, JP Dilo soon...and the nthe release date for the Deino should be anytime soon..so no use crying over what can't helped right ?

Ordered.....I like what I see so far...

Product score 7.5/10

To date this is pretty much the only SS line I think I will be collecting. Everything else they have been putting out latley has been pretty much crap.

Chris

i called sideshow and asked about the coupon and they said it should be fixed now but you have to cancel your order and re-order it again to use it.

Cancelled yesterday's excl. pre-order and re-ordered with the coupon...worked perfectly. :D I've picked up all three maquette's and the one available dio. in the past three weeks, and now have pre-orders for both upcoming dio's. This has easily become one of my favorite [and my son's] SS line's.

Pre-ordered it from a local retailer yesterday and it cost me $730 (and it's not even the exclusive version)...Well, I live in a country where 12inch HT figures cost over $300~400 so the ridiculous prices are nothing strange.... :rolleyes:

I hope it arrives sometime in the 3rd quarter and not the end of the year like the Carnotaurus maquette I pre-ordered last year....

Last edited:
wouldn't it be cheaper to have someone over here buy the Hot Toys figures and ship them over there? probably wouldn't work for the dinosaur statues cuz they are so big but figures shouldn't cost a lot.

I've mentioned numerous times in this forum about the ridiculous pricing of collectibles in our country, and the main reason is the customs office (they demand heavy taxes and additional fees for anything shipped overseas including collectibles, especially statues) and the ____ed up currency...

Well, I am a major complainant about the prices of oversea items and always appeal it with some pissed off customers like myself to the person in charge of the customs, but we always end up getting ignored...

I think the most ideal solution is getting my lazy ass back to the States.....

Last edited:
Anyone notice the exclusive Allo Skull doesn't quite match the ones in the Dio ? I don't mean scars or anything it just looks more blunt and robust perhaps ? Whereas the ones in the sculpt seem to have a narrower skull shape.

More like this :
museallosaurus_skull.jpg

The Dio skull looks more like this :

robustalloskullbw.jpeg

I could be wrong, but I don't think these are usually fast sell outs. And they usually come back on second chance too.

Back