All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And don't forget all the the Heath Ledger Joker Fanboys.

whats-the-difference-between-heath-ledger-and-heath-ledger-jokes.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl
:monkey3

How oxymoronic of ya! :lol

Mods: It's not namecalling. Please look up the word before having a kneejerk reaction. ;)

Neca ftw, best likeness best size !
12" size looks so small and ugly in compare to 18", pfui... for kiddies.

Neca ftw, best likeness best size !
12" size looks so small and ugly in compare to 18", pfui... for kiddies.

I sense something, a presence I've not felt since....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/N4_BUp_vuUs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/N4_BUp_vuUs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Need to vent here.

I knew McFarlane sucked, but I didn't know how much they SUCKED until recently (haven't really bought too much from them and rightfully so).

I bought a MOC Cult Classics 7" Robocop figure on ebay last week (I decided to get one since I was so impressed by the 18" NECA figure) and received it quickly. The seller was nice enough to put it in a clamshell too (this should have been a warning to LEAVE THIS SUCKER INSIDE, UNOPENED).

The figure and package was as mint as it could possibly get. No dents, no scratches on the bubble, practically flawless. But I got the figure to open so I did just that, opened it up. I finished unfastening the twist ties and freed the figure.

What a ____ing piece of junk.

In no more than 5 seconds it's damn left leg snapped clean off the joint (it has SMALL ass ball jointed legs/hips by the way). I was horrified. This thing had to have been on the urge of breaking and just looking at it would have done the job. I was so pissed.

I tried gluing it back on, first being precise and gluing JUST the joint and then the whole leg but for some reason, NONE of the super glue I used would work. It wasn't cheap ____ either and I've used it for other figures in the past. It had to be the "fantastic" quality plastics and paint McFarlane used.

I knew the seller couldn't help me (this was a brand new figure) but I contacted them any way. They were actually kind enough to send me a replacement instead. I just had to ship it back to them. I quickly sent it to them and they just let me know that my replacement was on the way.

Then I got a new message from them just a few minutes ago stating that as they were packing up this replacement, the figures left leg looks strange and wonky.

:dunno

They asked if I'd like pictures of it or a refund....needless to say, I'm going to go with a refund.

I feel for the seller. They aren't going to profit on any of this, they already shot themselves in the foot by listing it with free shipping, but then to send me another one? I'm out 9 bucks (cost to ship it back) but what about him? I don't know. He really was great though.

I looked at other auctions and tried to see if this is a common problem, and it must be.

https://cgi.ebay.com/McFarlane-Movie-Maniacs-Series-7-Action-Figure-Robocop-/310268379059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483d6fbfb3

Details (Description): Note: Due to the delicate nature of Robocop''s leg joints we cannot accept returns on open figures. Please handle the figure with extreme care if you decide to open the figure. Robocop from Robocop is 7 3/4 inches tall on base. Package includes detailed Robocop figure,

____in bull____.

I have only ONE McFarlane figure, the T-1000 and I have to say, I'm going to keep it that way.

Robocop was in my possession for just a few hours and I got to say it had a strong sculpt. The sucker had some weight to it, nice paint apps for a ____ty toy and some great super articulation for the company (crappy statue makers) and it's time.

The design of those hips was horrible though. How is a leg that big supposed to attach with a peg joint that thin and delicate? It shouldn't have had that articulation in my opinion.

Really wanted this figure in my collection and it could have been good, but ____ it. I'm positive if I accepted that replacement it would have snapped again.

I'm sticking with the NECA Robocop and might just go on ebay and buy the Hot Toys one. It just makes me so angry when things break without my doing.

Last edited:
haha. welcome to the zany world of McFarlane collecting! where up is down and toys will break if you breathe on them wrong.

anyway, just get another one and dunk it in hot soapy water before you try to move anything. the joints always get stuck together in the factory and you gotta loosen them by softening the plastic and cleaning off the mold release crap.

that's one of the McF toys i kinda miss having because it was actually a cool figure for that scale. it had a much better head sculpt than the 12" version for some reason too.
Need to vent here.

I knew McFarlane sucked, but I didn't know how much they SUCKED until recently (haven't really bought too much from them and rightfully so).

I bought a MOC Cult Classics 7" Robocop figure on ebay last week (I decided to get one since I was so impressed by the 18" NECA figure) and received it quickly. The seller was nice enough to put it in a clamshell too (this should have been a warning to LEAVE THIS SUCKER INSIDE, UNOPENED).

The figure and package was as mint as it could possibly get. No dents, no scratches on the bubble, practically flawless. But I got the figure to open so I did just that, opened it up. I finished unfastening the twist ties and freed the figure.

What a ____ing piece of junk.

In no more than 5 seconds it's damn left leg snapped clean off the joint (it has SMALL ass ball jointed legs/hips by the way). I was horrified. This thing had to have been on the urge of breaking and just looking at it would have done the job. I was so pissed.

I tried gluing it back on, first being precise and gluing JUST the joint and then the whole leg but for some reason, NONE of the super glue I used would work. It wasn't cheap ____ either and I've used it for other figures in the past. It had to be the "fantastic" quality plastics and paint McFarlane used.

I knew the seller couldn't help me (this was a brand new figure) but I contacted them any way. They were actually kind enough to send me a replacement instead. I just had to ship it back to them. I quickly sent it to them and they just let me know that my replacement was on the way.

Then I got a new message from them just a few minutes ago stating that as they were packing up this replacement, the figures left leg looks strange and wonky.

:dunno

They asked if I'd like pictures of it or a refund....needless to say, I'm going to go with a refund.

I feel for the seller. They aren't going to profit on any of this, they already shot themselves in the foot by listing it with free shipping, but then to send me another one? I'm out 9 bucks (cost to ship it back) but what about him? I don't know. He really was great though.

I looked at other auctions and tried to see if this is a common problem, and it must be.

https://cgi.ebay.com/McFarlane-Movie-Maniacs-Series-7-Action-Figure-Robocop-/310268379059?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483d6fbfb3

Details (Description): Note: Due to the delicate nature of Robocop''s leg joints we cannot accept returns on open figures. Please handle the figure with extreme care if you decide to open the figure. Robocop from Robocop is 7 3/4 inches tall on base. Package includes detailed Robocop figure,

____in bull____.

I have only ONE McFarlane figure, the T-1000 and I have to say, I'm going to keep it that way.

Robocop was in my possession for just a few hours and I got to say it had a strong sculpt. The sucker had some weight to it, nice paint apps for a ____ty toy and some great super articulation for the company (crappy statue makers) and it's time.

The design of those hips was horrible though. How is a leg that big supposed to attach with a peg joint that thin and delicate? It shouldn't have had that articulation in my opinion.

Really wanted this figure in my collection and it could have been good, but ____ it. I'm positive if I accepted that replacement it would have snapped again.

I'm sticking with the NECA Robocop and might just go on ebay and buy the Hot Toys one. It just makes me so angry when things break without my doing.

Well I have 3 of that figure and 2 of them are fine - the other broke both legs off after my brother knocked it off a shelf. Come to think of it he never apologised for that the _rick! Like Difabio my attempt to glue the legs back on ended in failure. Just glad I have 2 others, one of them MOC.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7pOoSe2K5DU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7pOoSe2K5DU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back