All Things Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapped this to get a laugh outta my friend, but figured I'd post it here too.

BFFs
4018503295_07e9c21d06_b.jpg

________
Extreme Vaporizer Review

Last edited:
Watched the blu-ray version of the movie this weekend, and it is still a classic! That HT ED-209 sure looks great too bad the prices on those are out of the park too!

Thank you for the reply on this. I was very confused as to which Robocop i had. Now i know I have the very first release (i got it without the box).

I always hear that Robo V3 w/flight pack's helmet doesn't sit as well on the causing the nose to peek a bit from under the helmet. Is that true?

I see. I got the V1. Got it brand new when it first came out. I think 1 Robo is enough for me. I like the Jet pack but honestly I hated the 3rd movie and would prefer to pretend it never happened. :D

Robo is on a shelf with other iconic characters like Hellboy and Dutch. I just hope that one day they will carry out the Robocain project. But I think HT is making too much $$ with their current licenses.

Yeah. I totally agree. I have both in my possession at the moment, and Robo1 is more than enough for me. Was never a fan of the blue sheen he had in the later movies. Robo1 is really all you need unless you just really liked Robo3. HT did a stupendous job on the jetpack, but I'll never display him with it.
________
VAPORIZER WIKI

Last edited:
Little to no difference? Have you held both in your hands? That's kinda like saying there's little to no difference between a Saturn and a Mercedez.

The McFarlane face is more accurate.

Hot Toys face/chin area is larger than it should be.

These are action figures, same size, same character, similar paint jobs.

One is selling for $400 ... the other for $40 :confused:

The Saturn vs Mercedes analogy is a bad, very bad.

He also prefers Mezco over Sideshow. Pay him no mind.

I find it amusing how you guys overpay for action figures.

Enterbay Bruce Lee is different, the only other figure that is similar is the Medicom 12" Sideshow offered, and still it's 1/3 the price, for good reason, the Enterbay is an Arnie Kim sculpt (master of sculpting Bruce Lee)

This Hot Toys has NOTHING on the McFarlane.

tell me what the Hot Toys does better than McFarlane, and I'll hear you out.

Otherwise, it's BRUTALLY overpriced, when you can have the same figure for less.

I find it amusing how you guys overpay for action figures.

Enterbay Bruce Lee is different, the only other figure that is similar is the Medicom 12" Sideshow offered, and still it's 1/3 the price, for good reason, the Enterbay is an Arnie Kim sculpt (master of sculpting Bruce Lee)

This Hot Toys has NOTHING on the McFarlane.

tell me what the Hot Toys does better than McFarlane, and I'll hear you out.

Otherwise, it's BRUTALLY overpriced, when you can have the same figure for less.

Sorry pisan! McFarlane has all kinds of wrong going on with the sculpting compared to Hot Toys.

The McFarlane face is more accurate.

Hot Toys face/chin area is larger than it should be.

These are action figures, same size, same character, similar paint jobs.

One is selling for $400 ... the other for $40 :confused:

The Saturn vs Mercedes analogy is a bad, very bad.

I'm kinda torn up about what you said. I really do feel like the Mcfarlane face is more accurate. But I can't say it has similar paint jobs. The pain app is good on the Mcfarlane BD but it lacks the shine and smoothness of the HT version and HT paint has a chameleon effect under certain lighting. I didn't pay $400 for the HT Robo and doubt I ever would. About $165 wasn't too bad and with a working holster and spiked hand...it was totally worth it.

I can't agree with you downplaying the HT Robo because I love it...buuuuuuut I totally agree that The Mcfarlane is way more of a Bang for the Buck than the HT Robo. I paid $20 bucks New for the Mcfarlane and it was the best $20 I've ever spent. :D

Back