All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: All things Marvel Legends

Yeah, they are all really nice figures, Hulk is around 8", he's bigger than the Terrax build-a-figure from the first wave of ML this year.

DSCN3798.jpg

My favorite is Cap though:
DSCN3792.jpg

I think I saw a 3D model awhile ago, there are talks that they are making one. Nothing official

Thanks, hope they make him into a ML line

I got the Avengers 6" figures from a friend yesterday, and I snapped a few pictures of Loki today (after I sprayed his face with dullcote to cut back on the cast plastic shine). His eyes lost some of their character from prototype to production, but overall he's an excellent figure and so are the others.. I'll take more pictures later, sorry my camera isn't very nice.

DSCN3802.jpg

DSCN3803.jpg

DSCN3801.jpg

I'm yet to find them, I just saw the Captain America/Thor movies 6" at one Walmart (not avengers movie) and never seen them again. I was hoping they would be shelf warmers and go on clearance.

Yeah, they are all really nice figures, Hulk is around 8", he's bigger than the Terrax build-a-figure from the first wave of ML this year.

DSCN3798.jpg

My favorite is Cap though:
DSCN3792.jpg

Is that Hulk from the Walmart exclusive or Marvel Select? He looks pretty good.

It's the Walmart Hulk, I don't have the Select version yet. I doubt these will peg warm, so far they've been pretty hard to find. I think even Iron Man ends up moving.

:pray:
It's the Walmart Hulk, I don't have the Select version yet. I doubt these will peg warm, so far they've been pretty hard to find. I think even Iron Man ends up moving.

Nice, I meant the Cap and Thor movies, the one they repainted Fury in. Hope I can find the team or at least Hulk.

I'd like to see a side by side of that and the MS Hulk.

:pray:

Nice, I meant the Cap and Thor movies, the one they repainted Fury in. Hope I can find the team or at least Hulk.

I'd like to see a side by side of that and the MS Hulk.

Ah, sorry about that, I thought you said you hoped these would peg warm. Yeah, I got Cap figures on clearance, but I paid $15 each for the Thor figures. The only one I passed on out of the six was WWII Ultimate Cap.

Once I get MS Hulk I'll take a side by side, but it will probably be awhile since he's in my reserves until I ship all of my stuff out. I'm trying to hold off until some of the new Avengers and Marvel Select Spider-Man stuff hits at least, lol. It's though.

These look great. I have my brother on the lookout for WM Hulk for me. At my local WalMart yo are more likely to get capped than get Cap.

Yeah, I love 'em. The only thing I did was swap the helmet-less Thor head onto the older Thor body, they're the same body except the new one has less paint apps. My Hawkeye has a few problems with the paint on his glasses but he's an awesome figure. It's nice to have a new Hawkeye figure in ML.

Does anyone know if war series 1 and series 2 of marvel legends will be hitting stores? I managed to find about half of each series, but now it's pretty empty

Are you talking about Return of Marvel Legends? Wave 1 is done, they aren't shipping anymore. I'm not sure about Wave 2. There is a revision case slated for August though, BBTS has it up for preorder. At this point I think Hasbro is a bit of a mess, things haven't really been very logical so far this year.

Ah, sorry about that, I thought you said you hoped these would peg warm. Yeah, I got Cap figures on clearance, but I paid $15 each for the Thor figures. The only one I passed on out of the six was WWII Ultimate Cap.

Once I get MS Hulk I'll take a side by side, but it will probably be awhile since he's in my reserves until I ship all of my stuff out. I'm trying to hold off until some of the new Avengers and Marvel Select Spider-Man stuff hits at least, lol. It's though.

It was hard to justify buying the Walmart Cap and Thor for $17 when I could get the MS for only $20.

And it's crazy that my local TRU is selling the new ML for $23 each, all I wanted was Cap and just picked it up at BBTS for $12. Oh and I found Daken at a collector shop for $16, not sure if it's common but in my area ML alone is not stocked up.

Cool, looking forward for the Hulk comparison.

Ouch, those prices are horrible. I paid about $15.50 - $17.50 a piece for each of my Legends figures. Toys R Us has them at $20 were I'm at, which is more than I pay for MS (I usually get them for $17, rarely over $20).

Toys R Us' prices are astonishing. I was looking at the new LOTR Legos and compared regular prices at TRU with Target. I think there are six or seven sets and you would save $84 just by buying them at Target.

They weren't doing well before Babys R Us was added I guess, but it's not like they are single store business, there prices are much higher than they should be. I'm sure FAO Schwartz has something to do with it since they are such a brilliant company...

I was a completist with ML but now with the ridiculous price I'm being picky. But I'm glad they have returned ML :rock

Yeah, so far I've been a completist with ML, but they are making it hard by not releasing figures here in the states like Masked Dark Wolverine. >.<

I'm cutting back since getting into Hot Toys so I doubt I'll buy much from wave 3.

I use to have alot of Marvel Legends, thank god I was never a completist, just into X-Men and Spiderman mostly.

There are some newer Marvel Select I definately want to get a hold of, Magneto, Juggernaut, Brown Wolverine, Colossus, the new Green Goblin, and the new Avengers Hulk. I need to pick up a legends Sentinel too, the old BAF version is much cooler then the newer ones imo.

Original ML Juggernaut retailed for like $9 in 2004. :lol Now he'd be a build-a-figure that would cost over $100 to piece together.

I really like the new Marvel Select Green Goblin. I'm really picky with what I buy now, and he's one of my favorite purchases. I wish the base was at a better angle though.

Back