All Things 1/6 Freddy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking freddy, the lighting does help.

Those eyes look good=evil.

Cheers dude.
I'm so blown away by this figure. Got myself a custom 2 of a kind Jason on the way and a blackest eyes Myers which is my favorite sculpt too. From zero to the best of the big 3 in a matter of days! Lol
Anyone got any ideas of how to break it to my girlfriend?
She gets my Fight Club and Batman collection, but I'm just asking for trouble once she sees these! :D

Cheers dude.
I'm so blown away by this figure. Got myself a custom 2 of a kind Jason on the way and a blackest eyes Myers which is my favorite sculpt too. From zero to the best of the big 3 in a matter of days! Lol
Anyone got any ideas of how to break it to my girlfriend?
She gets my Fight Club and Batman collection, but I'm just asking for trouble once she sees these! :D

Hide them and slip them into your collection gradually otherwise she'll get the hump, beleive me:)

Or buy her something nice and then a few days later unveil new figs:)

Hide them and slip them into your collection gradually otherwise she'll get the hump, beleive me:)

You sound like you've done this many times! Lol
I think I'll go for a combination of the 2. Her birthday is coming up too so I pretty much have to buy her something nice. Maybe she would like a 1/6 leatherface?
(I guess I will never learn) ;)

:lol Maybe if his goal is being single, or he's dating the dumbest broad in town. I'd just up and admit it. Come clean. Worst case scenario, it's a bit of a fight and then it's over with, but at least it's not a dirty little secret he'd have to keep lying about which might have dire consequences when discovered. Hell, if he can make her understand his passion for the characters, she might even be able to appreciate them. :huh

Hell, if he can make her understand his passion for the characters, she might even be able to appreciate them. :huh

In many ways I can understand a woman's need to disapprove. But, if you have the intellect to compromise there is never a need to "hide" anything from her.

I mean, God forbid she suspects you're hiding other things from her too. I'm not trying to come off as the "perfect husband" scenario but I can honestly say the petty arguments and misunderstandings are pretty much behind us.

In many ways I can understand a woman's need to disapprove. But, if you have the intellect to compromise there is never a need to "hide" anything from her.

I mean, God forbid she suspects you're hiding other things from her too. I'm not trying to come off as the "perfect husband" scenario but I can honestly say the petty arguments and misunderstandings are pretty much behind us.

I always find it funny how with a lot of people the first impulse is to be deceitful about it like collecting is some dirty little habit. :cuckoo:

I always find it funny how with a lot of people the first impulse is to be deceitful about it like collecting is some dirty little habit. :cuckoo:

I'm married now but when I met someone I was interested in it didn't take long for me to tell her my toy obsession. Why hide it, she's going to find out anyway. I'd rather get it out there in the beginning because that'll tell you if its going to work or not. My wife is fine with it. Sometimes she'll just shake her head and walk away with a little grin on her face over some of the pieces I own but that's it. I think its more of an endearment thing. Its funny, she actually tells her single friends to find a nerd boyfriend. The worst you'll deal with is watching nerdy movies or him painting his dollies. :lol She said she'd rather have that then someone who is out at the bars after work all night or something of the sorts.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I'm married now but when I met someone I was interested in it didn't take long for me to tell her my toy obsession. Why hide it, she's going to find out anyway. I'd rather get it out there in the beginning because that'll tell you if its going to work or not. My wife is fine with it. Sometimes she'll just shake her head and walk away with a little grin on her face over some of the pieces I own but that's it. I think its more of an endearment thing. Its funny, she actually tells her single friends to find a nerd boyfriend. The worst you'll deal with is watching nerdy movies or him painting his dollies. :lol She said she'd rather have that then someone who is out at the bars after work all night or something of the sorts.

Pssst. Empty your PMs ;)

Yeah the whole Wife vs the collection thing. I was friends with my wife before we started dating so she knew very well in advanced about my collecting habits. She tolerates it and like you mentioned, she admits it better to have the collection than me going out "drinking" or "hunting" or what have you. She reconizes the good in it, but she does make it a point that the money spent on these could go to us all going on vacation and stuff. So there has to be a happy medium some where there. :lol

I keep loads of secrets from my girlfriend for one reason.......I'm a magician! Lol
I'm gonna come clean then. You are right, it will be a little argument and then we will move past it. She does actually think my collection is cool and can appreciate the amazing craftsmanship that goes into each piece but she hates the horror genre and wouldn't like a burnt paedo that haunts people in reality and in their sleep that has knives for fingers, a resurrected version of a kid that drowned due to people not looking after him properly which caused his mother to go on a killing rampage until she was later beheaded which lead to him avenging her death by killing all those around the area of his demise, and a dude that killed his sister that is supposed to be the personification of all evil in her house! Lol

Update

I have informed her and all is fine. :D

Let me know what you guy's think, it's mr Freddy from part 2:

381960_479924385361525_748850708_n.jpg

155579_479925105361453_1787841485_n.jpg

i actually have a room i call my horror room and i tell everyone that its my wifes room. her response everytime is "well if they are mine, ill sell them all" its funny as

when i was younger i had all my horror stuff all over my bedroom and when i use to bring girls home they would see them all. no one cared LOL

its pretty good. defiantly not ones best work thats for sure

I fully agree! The sculpt on it's own is really good, but it doesn't give me a part 2 Freddy feeling, or is it me? I think the way he sculpted and painted the flesh it's more a reboot Freddy :(

Maybe l rework it myself, and maybe l just return it, l'm not sure yet...

I fully agree! The sculpt on it's own is really good, but it doesn't give me a part 2 Freddy feeling, or is it me? I think the way he sculpted and painted the flesh it's more a reboot Freddy :(

Maybe l rework it myself, and maybe l just return it, l'm not sure yet...

to me he just looks like an old man and not burnt at all

C'mon guy's, it can't be that bad.... :lol

Hey Frans, I've seen this sculpt on eBay and honestly it looked better there then what you have in hand. It's not bad but I agree it's not his best work compared to many other horror sculpts he has done.

Back