Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched this last night with my older daughter. She really seemed to enjoy it, and I liked it even move than the first time I saw it.
It's quite pretty in 4K.

Blissfully watched this AWESOME movie in 4k at home, and enjoyed it just as much as when I saw it in the theater! Really liked the "Alita's world" shorts in the extras as well. Pretty cool to see some back story stuff on Iron City and such!

Damn watching the Rollerball fight with Alita, that announcer wont shut the F- up! It would be infinity better without his inane commentary.

OK... Just finished watching it with the family. My wife and two sons..

FIrst let me say that whoever was resposible for the trailer should be fired... I got to say it was the trailer more then anything that prevented me from seeing this film in theaters..

Word of mouth tempted me but everyone I tried to convince to see it with had no interest.. Because of the trailer.
My wife was surprised I bought the film to watch as she thought the trailer was awful also.
The "cool" scenes they tried to show off was just more "been there done that" slow motion Matrix style action moments that just made me roll my eyes.. The CGI was off putting in the trailer.. I don't know if it was not finished or just being out of context it didn't work for me... Whatever it was the trailer did not engage me at all and apparently the rest of the world and that is too bad because...

What a great movie!!! The whole family really enjoyed it. My only gripe is that there is a chance we don't get another one.. I see that worldwide it made of 400 million on a 170 million budget and perhaps Home video sales will help... IF there is never another film made it will be too bad as this film deserves another film. I would be happy with just one more.. But I worry that the budget will be sliced in half.

The main actress was fantastic and was so damn likable from the very beginning. I loved her little overbite / buck teeth and was cool to see the real actress had that and they did not try and give her a perfect little mouth. It was adorable and perfect for the character.

The direction was top Notch... RR did a fantastic job. Loved the look and feel of the film... RR should direct a Star Wars movie not produced by Kathleen Kennedy :lol

Big surprise was the musical score. One of the better modern scores I have heard lately. I saw who the composer was in the credits but never heard of him... Great job.

Basically a wonderful film all around.

Yet another film released this year that was better then Endgame :lol

FIrst let me say that whoever was resposible for the trailer should be fired... I got to say it was the trailer more then anything that prevented me from seeing this film in theaters..

Word of mouth tempted me but everyone I tried to convince to see it with had no interest.. Because of the trailer.
My wife was surprised I bought the film to watch as she thought the trailer was awful also.
The "cool" scenes they tried to show off was just more "been there done that" slow motion Matrix style action moments that just made me roll my eyes.. The CGI was off putting in the trailer.. I don't know if it was not finished or just being out of context it didn't work for me... Whatever it was the trailer did not engage me at all and apparently the rest of the world and that is too bad because...

What a great movie!!! The whole family really enjoyed it. My only gripe is that there is a chance we don't get another one.. I see that worldwide it made of 400 million on a 170 million budget and perhaps Home video sales will help... IF there is never another film made it will be too bad as this film deserves another film. I would be happy with just one more.. But I worry that the budget will be sliced in half.

The main actress was fantastic and was so damn likable from the very beginning. I loved her little overbite / buck teeth and was cool to see the real actress had that and they did not try and give her a perfect little mouth. It was adorable and perfect for the character.

The direction was top Notch... RR did a fantastic job. Loved the look and feel of the film... RR should direct a Star Wars movie not produced by Kathleen Kennedy [emoji38]

Big surprise was the musical score. One of the better modern scores I have heard lately. I saw who the composer was in the credits but never heard of him... Great job.

Yet another film released this year that was better then Endgame [emoji38]

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it. Another person to join the ranks!

It really is a shame it never found the audience it deserved, but maybe the video sales will be big enough to justify a sequel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The direction was top Notch... RR did a fantastic job. Loved the look and feel of the film... RR should direct a Star Wars movie not produced by Kathleen Kennedy :lol

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

The absolutely fantastic score was composed by Junkie XL who also did the great music for Mad Max: Fury Road.

SO glad you liked it! :rock

I wish you were able to see it in IMAX 3D. :(

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

The absolutely fantastic score was composed by Junkie XL who also did the great music for Mad Max: Fury Road.

SO glad you liked it! :rock

I wish you were able to see it in IMAX 3D. :(

Interesting, the Composer must be going by his real name, Tom Holkenborg, as that is what was listed in the credits.. Had it been his other name I would have known who he was as I own the excellent Fury Road Score.

Yes Khev I fully enjoyed the film but while watching it I kept thinking.. This would look so cool in 3D.

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it. Another person to join the ranks!

It really is a shame it never found the audience it deserved, but maybe the video sales will be big enough to justify a sequel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks brother.. Hope it finds new life on Home video... It deserves it.

Interesting, the Composer must be going by his real name, Tom Holkenborg, as that is what was listed in the credits.. Had it been his other name I would have known who he was as I own the excellent Fury Road Score.

Yes Khev I fully enjoyed the film but while watching it I kept thinking.. This would look so cool in 3D.

Indeed it is his real name. :duff

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkie_XL

Glad to hear you and the fam enjoyed it JAWS! I'm curious to know what it looks like in 3d on home video as the 3d in theatres was awesome. Unfortunately I'll probably only stick to the 4k blu or regular blu as I don't have a 3d tv.

Glad to hear you and the fam enjoyed it JAWS! I'm curious to know what it looks like in 3d on home video as the 3d in theatres was awesome. Unfortunately I'll probably only stick to the 4k blu or regular blu as I don't have a 3d tv.

The 3D is better at home, way more detail. The depth is pretty outstanding too. Not a lot of pop outs (Grewiska's grind cutters and some shards of glass) but give me great depth over gimmicky pop outs any days of the week.

Last edited:

Great to hear that you enjoyed it, Jaws! :hi5:

It really was a great movie and IMO it was on par with Endgame. :duff

Back