Aliens Hudson Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

small_studios

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just finished painting this sculpt. Figured i would post it. Let me know what you guys think.
paxton002.jpg

paxton001-1.jpg

Great work! It does look like a calm Hudson. I painted my Hudson as the worried and freaked out, sweaty Hudson from later in the movie. What head did you use? It looks like Les's "Chronohead" Hudson head sculpt. Let me know. :D

SS, it's really cool to see your take on this. As always, I love what you did. I just painted one of these myself, it was a lot of fun and a nice sculpt.

Can't wait to see the next sculpt you paint! :duff

Nice paint work. As for the sculpt, all of the Hudsons I've seen look pretty good, but for whatever reason, they've all got a squinting eye thing going on and the eyes just never feel like Bill Paxton to me.

Oh okay. Yeah, I love Lonnie Hale's heads. I got my Hicks and Apone custom heads from him. I guess those are the "Frontline" heads too. I know in his auction descriptions for them he called them the "hero heads". I plan on getting that new Hudson head sculpt that you just painted from him someday soon. Next I'm gonna get Les's "Chronohead" Hudson head and paint it, and see what it looks like. I have the Hudson head I got from Chris at EVA on my Hudson HT now, but not glued to the neck post. Just like with my Hicks, I want to paint different heads and then choose the best one to glue down as my final head. Or, I may just leave the head unglued so I can switch out the heads for both Hudson and Hicks, since I'm going to end up having 3 heads for Hudson and for Hicks. :cool:

By the way...small_studios, I love what you did with the HT Ripley head repaint! Do you have any tips for me with how you repainted her head? I am having trouble getting her lip color just right. I know Ripley didn't wear heavy makeup, if any at all, and I want to tone down her lip color. I like how you gave her a more "gaunt" unmade look. She has almost a desperate and worried look on her face the way you painted her. Great work! Any tips or help on how you repainted her would be great help for me! Thanks.

Last edited:
Actually i might. Im gathering up the items to make him. If the interest is there then yes i will definitly be making another one.

Actually i might. Im gathering up the items to make him. If the interest is there then yes i will definitly be making another one.

I know a lot of people keep talking about how much they want a Mad Max figure -- it always comes up in the "what figure would you like" threads.

Your Max is still the best I've seen, and I've been searching for years. I think we spoke about it a long time ago, last time you had one up on ebay.

Definitely keep me posted. Thanks.

Great Hudson repaint!

And what's this about Mad Max????
There's a possible Apocalyptic Challenge afoot....might see some local Max's around soon!
Would love to see your's bro!

:rock

Hi small_studios. I would definitely want a Mad Max from The Road Warrior, complete with leg cast, and sawed-off shotgun. Put me down for one...if you decide to make him again! Keep me posted about it too. I appreciate it! Thanks. :D

Last edited:
Ok well i will get started on another on :) If anyone else has pics please post them on the Max thread.

Back