Alien VS Predator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bagelsncheesey said:
:lol now that you mention it, today was a really long day. but now i'm at home with my pred! probably gonna take pictures of all the packaging and everything if anybody is interested. :rock :rock :rock
:rock!!!!put the quills on bitc h!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well I finally did it !
last week I was Hong Kong on Buisness and just could not resist the price and I broke down and bought the Chopper pred my first HT figure and after this I can say it wont be my last this thing is incredible ...
I saw the predator 2 on display there and I know I will be getting that as well as its easily my fav of the bunch !

That's how it works Betic ! I had a single Scar for months then I picked up the Ancient . I'm now waiting for my Chopper to arrive , I have the Elder on "back-order" from SST, the Pred 2 on "pre-order" and I'm on the wait list for the Celtic! The H.T Predators are truly awesome pieces and once you lay eyes ( and hands) on one , that's it , they've gotcha!:D

Couldn't wait any longer for an Elder from Sideshow so I folded and got one from ebay . ( Worked out cheaper too!) Now I just have to locate a Celtic , which is proving more difficult than I anticipated . Well , I'm on the S.S.T wait list so I suppose all is not lost .

IMG_8434-tn.JPG

IMG_8436-tn.JPG

IMG_8437-tn.JPG

And in the latest news:

According to a post over at the Movie Maniacs forums, NECA has acquired the license for AvP2 figures.
Interesting news.

I supppose they will be doing the usual assortment of 6" figures plus a few 18". I hear that they are more into sculpt than articulation (unlike McFarlane's efforts for their Alien, Predator and AvP lines, which boasted extravagant ammounts of articulation for McF, and a less than accurate approach to sculpting).

My Elder (finally) arrived today . Although my 4th Pred , so I know what to expect , I'm still taken aback by just how damn good this sucker is ! Absolutely fantastic!! I'm going for a lie down now before I begin the process of adding the quills . ( Gulp!!) :D

My Elder (finally) arrived today . Although my 4th Pred , so I know what to expect , I'm still taken aback by just how damn good this sucker is ! Absolutely fantastic!! I'm going for a lie down now before I begin the process of adding the quills . ( Gulp!!) :D

Just put on a good movie! Makes the time go by quick :lol

Good luck buddy :rock

Well, half way there! Took me best part of 2 hours to do using the smallest bit on my power tool and tweezers ! I'm an experienced modeller but Bloody 'ell , talk about a fiddly job . I think the main problem is that it's pretty difficult to pick out the spots to drill. They're in pretty tight but I've sealed them with a clear varnish . I'll finish off tomorrow and I'll need to touch up some paint here and there but so far , so good !:D

Just for kicks...

My fully reworked and repainted Hot Toys SCAR....I carved in the scars on the helmet and head, and repainted all of the body and armor and helmet.
(You can't even tell in the photos that I even touched the armor! But in person you can. Dangit! )

Scar2.jpg

Scar1.jpg

And Twisted's Celtic, ready for action...and the mail!

Celtic1.jpg

Last edited:
And in the latest news:

According to a post over at the Movie Maniacs forums, NECA has acquired the license for AvP2 figures.
Interesting news.

I supppose they will be doing the usual assortment of 6" figures plus a few 18". I hear that they are more into sculpt than articulation (unlike McFarlane's efforts for their Alien, Predator and AvP lines, which boasted extravagant ammounts of articulation for McF, and a less than accurate approach to sculpting).

They showed off a 2-up of the alien. Had some decent articulation. I'm sure we can expect these to be more accurate. Plus they're doing some 'classic' stuff.

Back