Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd give this thread a bit of a bump since this hits DVD tomorrow, I'm curious to see what the unrated materials are like, whether it's bogus extra or whatever. I'll get the 2 disc unrated anyway, I hope there are some hefty BTS extras, AVP was weak in that category too.

I'm going @ midnight to Walmart and pick this up in Blu-ray. I liked the movie and found it entertaining. I will probably pick-up Predator on BR also.

If no one has mentioned this yet, Best Buy has an exclusive of the standard unrated DVD that includes a comic book. Didn't check through the thread to make sure, just sayin if no one else has.

The plan is to pick this up on BluRay but I'm not in a rush to run down and get it tomorrow....probably will pick it up as I do errands this weekend.

got the "extreme" :lol unrated version comming from a seller on the bay. I really want to see this again. it's only been three and a half months but it seems soooo long ago. probally watch it over and over. :D

it's up next on my netflix list. my expectations are low so i'm sure i'll enjoy it....i hope.

I think a lot of folks, like myself, judge it negetively compared to other entries in the series and are expressing frustration with hoping to see an AVP film that kicks as much ass as the early A and P films. While there are some definite elements of pure suckage in the AVP films, there are some mindlessly entertaining parts as well that make em worth seeing and getting on DVD to watch again.

The Strauses career as movie directors will go no further methinks.

I just picked up the DVD. I'll be checking to see what the extra scenes are. Watched all the short docs, and in the movie itself, so far, it seems like the beginning is tweaked a bit. More shots than I remember. A couple of the Predalien gestating or something, making typical Alien noises. Don't recall that one. Anyway, more info as I get to see it....

The UK BD Has 20 Deleted Scenes.

watched the 2 Disc Unrated US Disc and found no deleted scenes,Dont know about the US BD Disc?
The 2 Disc is actually only a 1 Disc,Disc 2 is the Digital Portable Copy.

Last edited:
I think a lot of folks, like myself, judge it negetively compared to other entries in the series and are expressing frustration with hoping to see an AVP film that kicks as much ass as the early A and P films. While there are some definite elements of pure suckage in the AVP films, there are some mindlessly entertaining parts as well that make em worth seeing and getting on DVD to watch again.

Hells, yes! There are far crappier movies out there that have made it to DVD, and both of the AvP movies are still a lot more entertaining than a lot of stuff you could spend your money on. They both had plenty of cool moments, in spite of their other, um... shortcomings. I definitely plan to get Requiem on Blu-ray, soon as I get a PS3.

I watched it on BR last night. And it might be my imagination...but it seems darker than it was in theaters. I mean I couldn't even see HAWKINS on the gravestone in the cemetery scene. Now I read a rumor that there were some defective BR's out there...maybe mine is one of those....I hope so!

I watched it on BR last night. And it might be my imagination...but it seems darker than it was in theaters. I mean I couldn't even see HAWKINS on the gravestone in the cemetery scene. Now I read a rumor that there were some defective BR's out there...maybe mine is one of those....I hope so!

Could be a defect but could be just how the film really is. Trouble with movies is, the filmmakers look at it one screen type, every theater projects with different brightness and qualities, and every home theater and PC is different, so sometimes things get made that don't show well on certain systems, it's really unavoidable unless somehow a universal setup existed and every device could be programmed to a code, not all the time, but upon users punching in the settings and that way no matter where and when you see a film, you see what you're supposed to.

I picked up my 2 disc unrated copy today, I'll be scrutinizing when I get home. Les, how are the extras?

Just picked up my 2-disc copy. Didn't catch it in the theaters, so I can't wait to watch it tonight!

hey amigos !!!!!!!!!!! : look at the movie on dts , with the volume high, very high !!!!!!!!!! and enjoy , :emperor:emperor:emperor:google:google

Back