Alien stunt mask?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xenomorhpian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I found a seller on eBay who claims to be selling an Alien mask from the original stunt mask cast from the movie. I believe it is authentic but he has no proof. I am asking him where he got it. Would 350$ be a good price for it? I already offered and I think its a little high :( Advice anyone?

Last edited:
The only similar mask was by Distortions Unlimited, and it's not the same mask. It does seem to be the stunt mask, but you're right.

I'd stay clear of it. Not worth taking someone else's word for it, leaving you with doubt about whether or not it's the real deal.

I'd stay clear of it. Not worth taking someone else's word for it, leaving you with doubt about whether or not it's the real deal.

Good advise, I'll see what he has to say about it's origin, but I'll probably stay clear of it. I guess I've just always wanted a life size alien head :dunno

Well I hope you find something buddy, if that one you are looking at has a nice finish and a decent dome why not get it. Just make sure you're happy with it and not compromising :)

I'd be a little careful..

their feedback isn't that great either.

That's true.. Here is what he has to say about it

"it was cast from a head aquired from GIGER by famous prop collector Roman Guttinger. i know bob burns and a crew guy from his halloween show for ALIEN took me to see the original after I showed him my cast. the tubes on the side have letters on the washers from the manufactured pieces purchased from the hardware store and put in the sculpture that can be seen in the sculpture still. you can't see in aphoto, but they are there.

i would be willing to do this direct for the 350+ 25 shipping."

Havn't seen any quite like this one but I'd be cautious.
Feedback is fair but not great.
Is it too far to go pick it up?
Depends if you think its worth the money assuming its a fake.
As you got no way of proving its genuine, unless he can provide some more close up pictures and reference to the original, then its properly a fake I'd say.

Havn't seen any quite like this one but I'd be cautious.
Feedback is fair but not great.
Is it too far to go pick it up?
Depends if you think its worth the money assuming its a fake.
As you got no way of proving its genuine, unless he can provide some more close up pictures and reference to the original, then its properly a fake I'd say.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. He says that he is a special effects artist himself and that hes has worked with "many crew members from the alien films". He also claims that he " created the biggest bug in the Starship Troopers franchise". A little fishy.. :cuckoo:

yeah man!
i woukld guess this is never an original from the first movie! if you look at some original pieces, you will always see what 30 years have done to them. the materials that was used were polyester and latex. and after years they ar looking yellow and crackling. this one on ebay looks pretty fresh instead of that. as i remember, there also had never been an stunt head with the inner jaws. wouldnt make sense anyway, bekause every scene you see the inner jaws, you see a mechanized head, not worn by the stuntman...

Am I missing something? The seller states directly in the auction that it is a copy. He uses both "copy" and "cast" to describe the mask, indicating at best, this is a reproduction of a film used mold.

I would avoid any seller willing to knowingly sell bootlegs/recasts on eBay at all costs.

Am I missing something? The seller states directly in the auction that it is a copy. He uses both "copy" and "cast" to describe the mask, indicating at best, this is a reproduction of a film used mold.

I would avoid any seller willing to knowingly sell bootlegs/recasts on eBay at all costs.

Yes, but there's no way to prove it.

yeah man!
i woukld guess this is never an original from the first movie! if you look at some original pieces, you will always see what 30 years have done to them. the materials that was used were polyester and latex. and after years they ar looking yellow and crackling. this one on ebay looks pretty fresh instead of that. as i remember, there also had never been an stunt head with the inner jaws. wouldnt make sense anyway, bekause every scene you see the inner jaws, you see a mechanized head, not worn by the stuntman...

That's true. But I there were several stunt masks, one most likely had the inner mouth extended. I have already decided no to by it.

Back