Alien Giger Maquette Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posing seems to be the bane of their statue pieces these days... Seriously, just curl him up into a ball or bent him over a bit. Take a classic pose from the movie. What matters is the likeness (which is already a bit iffy) and the fact that it'll be huge... presumably.

I've been waiting a while for this piece. Looks ok so far, but like the rest I need to see final pics. However, for me it will probably come down to pricing ...

Haha, I'm gonna go ahead and jump on the poo poo train. I'm not blown away by this...maybe the paint will do a lot to help it, but I don't like the hands at all. Hands are very emotive, and the way they've chosen to pose them does not really scream "alien", it's too dynamic or something. Hard to describe. And the head (as usual) doesn't really impress me much. It might seem that I'm being hard on it, many parts of the body look fantastic, but considering this is a statue, and that it certainly won't be cheap, I kind of expect something that's near/closer to perfect.
These are still work in progress shots though, so I will reserve judgment for now.

It kinda worries me that they would even consider looking at the HT alien when it's so obviously off. They should have the NECA and the Medicom figures and the old Marmit statues.
I suppose it's a marketing thing because HT is their partner. At least I hope so.
At any rate, they only have to take a look at the other Alien threads to find a ton of great reference pics.

I'm not sold on the pose either, especially the hands.
They should've gone with the stalking Lambert pose, it's one of the more iconic moments of the movie.

It kinda worries me that they would even consider looking at the HT alien when it's so obviously off. They should have the NECA and the Medicom figures and the old Marmit statues.
I suppose it's a marketing thing because HT is their partner. At least I hope so.
At any rate, they only have to take a look at the other Alien threads to find a ton of great reference pics.

I'm not sold on the pose either, especially the hands.
They should've gone with the stalking Lambert pose, it's one of the more iconic moments of the movie.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly:

Hey Sabres, why don't you repost those B&W pics of the suit you posted in the HT Alien thread?
Those are really awesome reference material.

Hey Sabres, why don't you repost those B&W pics of the suit you posted in the HT Alien thread?
Those are really awesome reference material.

DONE! :hi5:

27720001e2.jpg

suitalien4.jpg

suitalien5.jpg

suitalien3.jpg

suitalien2.jpg

suitalien1.jpg

suitalien.jpg

suitalien6.jpg

That last pic really hit homes how close the NECA 22" sculpt is to the source material.

I think it shows how really bad the NECA sculpt is.

ALIENheadcomp.jpg

Yes, the NECA looks weak from the profile view, that's why I specifically mentioned the last shot from above which was more of a frontal view. I don't have the figure in my hand at the moment, but I remember it looking pretty darn close to that.
There hasn't been a perfect ALIEN bust/figure/whatever created YET, and I'll be the first to admit that...but I know your stance is that it's impossible to get a good figure because there have been a million different/altered suits, and different camera lenses/lighting conditions and ____ like that, so let's just agree to disagree.

Just recently gotten into collecting some of the nicer Alien maquettes and I've realized something that I wonder if it is shared by others here.

I really don't like the Alien design when it is upright. I think the key as mentioned before is that in both Alien and Aliens most of the time, the monsters are kept in the shadows and mysterious. You see flashes and some quick cuts and then death.

When I see the full thing in the harsh brightness of day . . . yes there is beautiful detail but it does very much look like a guy in a suit. I've always hated the spindly legs that look like they can barely support the huge head and chest.

The two full body maquettes I like are the Alien Warrior and the Dog Alien and I realize the reason I like them is because they are both crouched down and provide a much more organic looking pose to me.

For same reason, I don't like the Cinemaquette Alien and now this version seems awkward to me as well. The upper half looks SO ALIEN, and then the full picture looks like a guy in a rubber suit with a big head . . . Same problem with the Predalien Maquette as well, long spindly legs, etc.

Dennis

27720001e2.jpg

suitalien4.jpg

suitalien5.jpg

suitalien3.jpg

suitalien2.jpg

suitalien1.jpg

suitalien.jpg

suitalien6.jpg

These photos have absolutely nothing to do with Sabres. They are from the Mike Sibthorp collection and are available on his site.

In 1978 I had a photography studio in the old manor at Bray Studios. Out on the lot was a large workshop full of guys building what looked like the biggest Airfix kit in world. One day in the bar Nick Allder asked me to take some photographs of a rig he was building and so I became "unofficial" stills photographer for the miniature special effects unit for Ridley Scotts "Alien". (Unofficial as I had no union "ticket"). The photographs of Nostromo, the landing gear and Narcissus in The Book of Alien are all mine. In 2009 Dennis Lowe and Jon Sorensen contacted me from out of the blue, "do you remember....?" and indeed I did remember them and the rest of the crew and a very happy and interesting part of my life. I dug around in some old files and found that I still had some prints and transparencies, you can see these below. So far as I am aware, these photographs are unseen and unique.

https://www.mikesibthorp.com/alien/

https://www.mikesibthorp.com/alien/alienpage2.html

VERY nice pics, Mike. I appreciate the post for sure. This stuff fascinates me. I really wish more movies would embrace scale miniatures... they're so much better than most CGI when done with proper care.

These photos have absolutely nothing to do with Sabres. They are from the Mike Sibthorp collection and are available on his site.

In 1978 I had a photography studio in the old manor at Bray Studios. Out on the lot was a large workshop full of guys building what looked like the biggest Airfix kit in world. One day in the bar Nick Allder asked me to take some photographs of a rig he was building and so I became "unofficial" stills photographer for the miniature special effects unit for Ridley Scotts "Alien". (Unofficial as I had no union "ticket"). The photographs of Nostromo, the landing gear and Narcissus in The Book of Alien are all mine. In 2009 Dennis Lowe and Jon Sorensen contacted me from out of the blue, "do you remember....?" and indeed I did remember them and the rest of the crew and a very happy and interesting part of my life. I dug around in some old files and found that I still had some prints and transparencies, you can see these below. So far as I am aware, these photographs are unseen and unique.

https://www.mikesibthorp.com/alien/

https://www.mikesibthorp.com/alien/alienpage2.html

Never said they had anything to do with me DWIBZLE...I just happen to have them.

Don't get so butt hurt. :rotfl

I'm so happy we have another big chap coming, I missed all the posts like these. Could we just cut and paste 90% of the hot toys one and add it here and save everyone all sorts of time?!

Never said they had anything to do with me DWIBZLE...I just happen to have them.

Don't get so butt hurt. :rotfl

AGAIN: Stop talking troll rubbish, I'm not him and I've NEVER been banned from here or anywhere else. Go make another few thousand NECA posts while claiming to be an impartial adult. Stop being so arrogant and obnoxious while you're at it. Look it up in a thing called the dictionary. Just my opinion, so don't go and get all "Butt hurt" or whatever common as dirt thing you would say about it.

Want to know what's REALLY funny.

Dwibzle used to make the same post, in different threads, in answer to anything people typed to him...just like you're doing.

If it smells like Dwibzle...it must be DWIBZLE! :rotfl

Want to know what's REALLY funny.

Dwibzle used to make the same post, in different threads, in answer to anything people typed to him...just like you're doing.

If it smells like Dwibzle...it must be DWIBZLE! :rotfl
Dwibzle? I thought you said this was "Sandyvag"..
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back