Alien Giger Maquette Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably get this if it's a pf figure. But, I'll admit, at certain angles that pose looks like he's looking for his keys.

Just watched the video again, and I'm liking the pose more and more, especially from the angle of the Alien looking dead on at me. Which is how he will end up in my Besta anyway. With a subtle lighting like my warrior has, this is going to look amazingly menacing. I am fairly pleased with the first peeks we have been afforded.

I'm only concerned about:
a. price
b. splayed fingers? (probably not, but I will live)
c. dome construction? (translucent, painted internally, seams?)
d. ordering info, when, and how long will the wait be?

I hope to have the big chap on display in my Sanctum Sanctorum by the end of 2011! :D

I don't want a clear dome...I want a 'milky' dome. :lecture

Seriously, we need a foggy dome.. Looks so much better than the clear dome. Plus, it's foggy in the movie. Too many statues/figures have had the clear dome lately..

whatever! :gah:. I just wanna be able to see the skull, thats all i care about, no skull= FAIL :lecture

The sensible option would be to supply a clear and a fogged dome. But I have to say that I would prefer a fogged dome. Never once have I seen a shot in the movie where you can see the skull!

I've been on the fence about picking up a CM Alien. I was holding out to see this in hopes of greater accuracy. So far I'm not diggin the pose AT ALL. I'll give i the benefit of the doubt and wait until it's further along. Worst case if it's not as great as expected they'll hopefully be some people looking to sell of their CMs to replace with this...

whatever! :gah:. I just wanna be able to see the skull, thats all i care about, no skull= FAIL :lecture

Nah, I'm thinking the complete opposite. I don't want to see any skull at all.

You never saw it in the movie, yes, Giger sculpted it on the props, but it was totally obscured by the dome.

I won't get all upset if you can see the skull though, just my preference not too see it. Same as a closed mouth. Either way... :impatient:

for the price and the LOOKING FOR TAIL pose,this alien won't be my first SS Maquette or large scale alien statue.

i thought the skull was there on the original costume? we just didnt see it in the movie cause of the darkness..............??

It does look different i'll say...If I put a cape on him he will look like a Bela Legosi Dracula saying "Back, back, back"...I still personally want to see the finished product on this one...interesting pose though...I wished it would be the Marmit pose crouching with both hands together..this will no doubt be 900 bucks or more and hopefully LE of 500 or less

Here are a couple of pics from the vid...

alienmaquette3.jpg

QUOTE]

Shoudn't the tail be at least 15% longer. It looks a bit too short in comparation with the screen suit IMO.

You know, the more I look at it, the more it looks like they've used the Hot Toys Alien as their reference. The hands and tail look different, but the rest looks almost identical.

You know, the more I look at it, the more it looks like they've used the Hot Toys Alien as their reference. The hands and tail look different, but the rest looks almost identical.

Don't think so, much slimmer in both the body & limbs than the HT big chap. You wouldn't be stirring the 'ol pot would ya? I hope the discussion on this one goes a bit better than the "other" Alien thread kicking around these boards.

Although, they did have the HT & Medi 1/6 offerings in the vid, well looks like them to me:

AlienMaqReveal01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back