alien cinemaquette / alien dog sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paris

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi i need some help to see a photo of alien cinemaquette next to alien dog sideshow.
Is sideshow alien dog 1:4 scale as sideshow says or is it 1:3 ???
Any help would be great!

alienterpred_flur.jpg

From pumpkin_xxx's thread here.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53689&page=7

I've got the SS dog, it's absolutely 1:3 scale. I've seen the Alien in person and it appears to be about the same. Both are amazing pieces. I'm thinking of letting mine go to get the cinemaquette but it might a be grass is greener situation.

Id wait and see what the new SS alien is like before selling the dog one,

I'm thinking of letting mine go to get the cinemaquette.

You'd be mad to do that IMO. I've owned both and the Dog Alien Maquette is easily a nicer piece than the CM Alien - the paint app is far more sophisticated, and the sculpt is 100% screen accurate, being based on the actual movie rod puppet. The CM Alien is an impressive statue in its own right, but it's not screen accurate at all (it's an imaginative reinterpretation) and is less rare than the Dog Alien. The paint app on it is also far more basic and rudimentary than the SS Maquette. Sideshow's new Giger Alien is likely to be THE definitive Alien sculpt, so I'd wait for that to appear before going after the CM version.

I seen the alien cinemaquette in person at my local forbidden planet. For something so costly, I wasnt overly impressed

You'd be mad to do that IMO. I've owned both and the Dog Alien Maquette is easily a nicer piece than the CM Alien - the paint app is far more sophisticated, and the sculpt is 100% screen accurate, being based on the actual movie rod puppet. The CM Alien is an impressive statue in its own right, but it's not screen accurate at all (it's an imaginative reinterpretation) and is less rare than the Dog Alien. The paint app on it is also far more basic and rudimentary than the SS Maquette. Sideshow's new Giger Alien is likely to be THE definitive Alien sculpt, so I'd wait for that to appear before going after the CM version.

That's essentially why i went with the dog initially. As with every piece, both have their pros and cons. I got my dog from someone after it was sold out. It is my first SS piece. To be honest, I was blown away in the beginning but there are little flaws with it that SS should never have let happen. Mine in particular has it's front left hand hanging off the edge of the base (the majority I've seen have this issue). There is also a spot on it's back left leg where there must have been a bubble or something in the mold when they poured the polystone. Rather than fill it, it's just painted over which means they obviously saw it. On the other hand, I do love it for it's accuracy though and i think the detailing inside the dome is fantastic.

As far as the cinemaquette goes, I do think it's a lot of money for something that's basically just painted matte black. I am in the minority of people though that love the pose.

I'm curious to see what SS releases for their new alien however I was greatly disappointed by their alien warrior and am hesitant to buy such an expensive piece from them again when they have such notorious QC issues. I'm also far less interested in their alien if it is in fact 1:4 scale. At one point I thought it would be cool to have maquettes representing all of the various aliens (at least 1-3). At this point though I seem to be focusing my collection on more iconic characters that i then incorporate into my dvd/bluray shelving. As such I don't have much need for more than one alien and the big chap is the one that started it all. If I were to keep my dog, I would really only even consider the SS alien if it were in 1:3. I hate that they are releasing maquettes for all of them now and their out of scale with the dog...

decisions decisions....

Back