Alien Big Chap Polystone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nekromantik

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey peoples!
Im new here and new to collecting!
I want to purchase my first and probs only SS statue for a while (until I find a job) and only have max £200 to spend.

Im a huge Alien fan and so saw the new Big Chap polystone statue on SS website and thought it looked very good! Not as nice as the marquette but thats out of my price range.

Is this a good piece to buy as I heard SS recent collectables have gone down in QC?

Regrading price, people tell me in the UK to avoid Forbidden Planet but they list this item for £196+ shipping which comes to £205 total but if I order from Sideshow or other US retailers after VAT, duty and fees its way higher cost.

The QC seems to vary depending on the statue (haven't really heard any complains pertaining to figures), but I can say that I own the Alien: Resurrection statue from the same line and it's pretty good. There's a small spot on one of its feet where SS forgot to apply gloss coat, but it's minor.

thanks.
people over on the hive hate this new big chap PS and say the dome is wrong and the skelton is too visable etc and its very inaccurate,
do people feel the same way there?

I think the biggest complaint was the pose was too similar tio the warrior....i don't have the warrior, so I could care less...it's a great sculpt and ive seen our in person at comicon....nice and solid-looking...

I think the biggest complaint was the pose was too similar tio the warrior....i don't have the warrior, so I could care less...it's a great sculpt and ive seen our in person at comicon....nice and solid-looking...

This is not out till May/June people are saying so I may just wait and get it for my birthday then.

For now im stuck choosing between the Dog Statue with queen facehugger or the Alien Ressurection statue with Ripley Clone.

Get the Dog Alien. The pose on that one destroys all others imo..

Each of these are inaccurate, but unless you're the most OCD, nit-picky person on the planet..it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Each of these are inaccurate, but unless you're the most OCD, nit-picky person on the planet..it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I just placed order for the Dog Alien.

I know its not very likely but IF there are any big chap PS left in April then I will deffo buy it.

hi how does this compare paint quality wise to the below alien warrior? That was my first sideshow alien statue and the paint app was absolutely horrid like the crap you buy from toys r us. Luckily i managed to get rid of it on ebay for half the cost. Havent bought another alien since then.

9120_press05-001.jpg

They're already a hell of a lot more accurate than the HT figures.

If they stick to the standard of the dios, then the paint apps should be very good. I have the Pred, Pred 2,(though i don't like it's pose) Aliens and Alien 3 dio and the painting on those are great.

I really do hope the big chap statue is still in stock at sideshow in April as I cant afford another one until my birthday.

anyone got any ideas of when in January Sideshow will get stock of the Dog Alien?

hi how does this compare paint quality wise to the below alien warrior? That was my first sideshow alien statue and the paint app was absolutely horrid like the crap you buy from toys r us. Luckily i managed to get rid of it on ebay for half the cost. Havent bought another alien since then.

9120_press05-001.jpg

Decent...if i'm not mistaken, this takeya uses a wash?...the statue, is air brush applied....looks alright in proto

Back