Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In C.c's picture, it looks like the bust was packaged before the paint had time to cure.
Yup! :(
I can't believe how many Big Chaps were packaged without some protection to the dome. My base came wrapped in the plastic bag and the dome was covered with a foam sheet. I had styrofoam bitlets all over the piece from the box, but the dome arrived scuff and scratch free.
Rubbing the Dome on polystyrene will not scuff it, I tried.

Received my return label. It's going back monday. I wonder if they will have the nerve to ship it to someone else as a replacement.

Got my return label as well. I'm going to lose my mind if the regular one I get is in worse condition than the EX I'm sending back.

Some people can do with photoshop quiet pro :) (yea not me). Bud yes SS can send crap and we can do some photoshop modification on crap which we send to the them back. I just considering all the possibility which I have :).

You are nothing but a thief.

You are nothing but a thief.

I'm sure some folks think Sideshow are behaving in a less than honorable manner as well (repeatedly!)

And get this - they sent out a flier email today with text "Alien 'Big Chap' Bust In-Stock and Ships in 24 Hours!" and Subject "They can't hear you scream in space!"

For some reason I was NOT tempted.

1. In stock and ships within 24hrs
  2. Arrives within a week
  3. They can hear you scream as you open it :gah:
  4. Shipped back within 2 weeks
  5. (repeat)

I'm sure some folks think Sideshow are behaving in a less than honorable manner as well (repeatedly!)

And get this - they sent out a flier email today with text "Alien 'Big Chap' Bust In-Stock and Ships in 24 Hours!" and Subject "They can't hear you scream in space!"

For some reason I was NOT tempted.

1. In stock and ships within 24hrs
  2. Arrives within a week
  3. They can hear you scream as you open it :gah:
  4. Shipped back within 2 weeks
  5. (repeat)

:rotfl

What also funny are all the 'MIB' and 'New, Sealed! " listings on ebay. With Sideshow, the MIB or Sealed turns to be a bad thing, not a benefit.

I messaged a guy yesterday about a Big Chap on eBay that was "Mint condition" and "Factory sealed" :lol I told him a lot had arrived damaged and asked if he'd checked it. He messaged me back saying he opened it and found it had a broken tendon that I could just glue together. All I could think of was that if he found one thing wrong with it then there are 3 other things wrong he just hadn't noticed yet. What's messed up is that he hasn't updated his auction stating it's damaged.

People should send that flier back when they ask for a replacement.

Then when they say they are out of replacements, you just show them the flier that says they are instock and ready to go.

Unless all of this "ready to go stock" are others returns.

I'd like to have an EX replacement or get to keep the nameplate but it's not a must-have EX. If I can get a tolerable bust I'll be happy though I'm trying not to get my hopes up again.

I just love the way no one from Sideshow has even bothered to chime in on this thread to try and explain this mess, it's like they don't even care.

and what exactly do you think you would hear?

Have you tried the same stuff you shine your dome with? :monkey3

Woahh!!! Shots fired... :gun.......................... :thud:

Mine came with a broken tendon and the broken piece wasn't even in the box so I couldn't fix it if I wanted to. Also the re is a white piece of styrofoam inside the clear dome. Sent back for refund.

Back