Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need for panic Wierzbowski, YES it was a beautiful LSB BUT it WAS NOT perfect, there were several flaws that NEEDED to be corrected and other areas of the piece that NEEDED custom attention. Ill be happy to discuss the SSWALSB in another section....this particular forum is dedicated to the SSBCLSB, sorry.

Which are the flaws? I read something about the mouth area.

It is possible that Sideshow corrected this?

@67L88Stingray, thanks for the fast reply.

When youre right, I hope the ES is high enough, the world have so many Alien fans.

Why they make a open ES on the Predator masked bust and not here?

For what stands TBD?

Are people still converting on these... I might get on the waitlist. I keep going back and forth. The size of this thing concerns me....but it looks so awesome (I saw the sample at SDCC in person it's stunning) I am having a hard time letting this one go.

I am not that crazy about the name plate but I think getting it from sideshow in case there's any quality control issues will be the safest bet.

I loooooooove Giger's work and this thing is as close as I'll ever get to owning something this substantial that represents his amazing art!

you guys are awesome!! Had me totally laughing at that. So they charge an extra $38 for the "conversion " That's pretty shady.

As for the size, I've seen it in person. It is BIG and it's a concern for me in terms of placement in my studio. It is AMAZING though, it's sooooooooooo kick ass!! Let me look and see if I took any photos.

you guys are awesome!! Had me totally laughing at that. So they charge an extra $38 for the "conversion " That's pretty shady.

Nah, the $38 is the standard no reserve deposit they charge you when you order the piece. If your waitlist converts, it then becomes a live order so therefore you get charged the $38 you would otherwise get charged anyway if it wasn't on waitlist, so it's not an extra charge.

As for the size, I've seen it in person. It is BIG and it's a concern for me in terms of placement in my studio. It is AMAZING though, it's sooooooooooo kick ass!! Let me look and see if I took any photos.

This has me excited :yess: was worried it might be too small.

Nah, the $38 is the standard no reserve deposit they charge you when you order the piece. If your waitlist converts, it then becomes a live order so therefore you get charged the $38 you would otherwise get charged anyway if it wasn't on waitlist, so it's not an extra charge.

This has me excited :yess: was worried it might be too small.

cool thank you! the info on the conversion it's a little confusing on their site what actually happens!

I didn't have photos...because I am an artist I have an exhibitors badge so the piece was still covered when I was at their booth. (I run around the show Wednesday afternoon around noon to about 2 PM...while people are setting up.) Sideshow will sometimes have stuff covered but also they many times have stuff still NOT under glass.

Yeah the Alien bust is big...it's kinda wide too....the overall dimensions are very good and the piece will definitely command attention in a room!

I think the videos on youtube capture that feeling pretty well when you see people standing next to it.

you can really get a sense of it's width on the lower clip...it's kinda wide with the piping come off the shoulders.

Anybody that still uses the term "that's what she said" needs permanently banning from this forum, every other forum, you tube comments and every real life social situation they may ever be faced with ever again imo, it's best for everyone...

Haven't re-posted pictures of this guy in a while anyway, I've been slacking, can't wait for this, good to know it is an impressive size in person.

Anybody that still uses the term "that's what she said" needs permanently banning from this forum, every other forum, you tube comments and every real life social situation they may ever be faced with ever again imo, it's best for everyone...

Haven't re-posted pictures of this guy in a while anyway, I've been slacking, can't wait for this, good to know it is an impressive size in person.

WOW! Looks amazing. This will be my first LSB and I'm really looking forward to getting this

Back