Alex Ross Avengers Group Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winghead

Super Freak
Reaction score
anyone picking this up? Would go Nicely with the Alex Ross Giclee! @ $799.99 it's a little to rich for me! Here's what the Description says "The piece measures 18” wide and stands 9“ high tall and 8” deep. A strictly limited edition, each “Assemble” fine art sculpture is individually numbered. Also included is a high quality farmable lithographic print of the original artwork, hand-signed by Alex Ross! 21.00 pounds"

Attachments

• Ross Avengers.jpg
    Ross Avengers.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Ross Captain Amrerica.jpg
    Ross Captain Amrerica.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Ross Scarlet Witch.jpg
    Ross Scarlet Witch.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 298
:wave Really hard trying to decide, I've seen that Avengers print go for that much at some places, we get a lithograph of it signed along with the statue... the level of detail on the busts don't look that good though...
:thud:

Not sure what direction this piece was taking, but did it really need to look like they are all standing waist-high in dinosaur ****?

I don't see the level of detail here in the sculpt (or maybe it is the paint app) that most of the companies (SSC, XM, Prime) are giving us these days. And at that price to boot? Easy pass.

Would have been nice to have Giantman behind them and retailing for a much lower price!

Attachments

• Ross Avengers Busts.jpg
    Ross Avengers Busts.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 128
This looks like a hybrid between Alex Ross and original Kirby Art. Maybe even As far back as Shuster. Just seems not that high quality. Enjoy fellas but this is the ceiling at which statue quality and price points can possibly start its plateau point to the down turn.

I saw it today in the BBTS e-mail. While the print is cool, the sculpture just doesn't cut it - especially at that price. Could have been executed a lot better for that price.

It might just be me but it looks like a bunch of cookie jars put together. I would touch it for $150. That is just me.

Looking at it again, you are right. It also looks like those plastic piggy banks you sometimes see at your local comic shop. The level of detail needed to justify the price is just not there.

The statue and art print is really just there as an excuse to sell you the Alex Ross signature, his autograph is apparently worth a lot more then the actual item selling, hence the price.

----------------

Detail just does Not come even close to matching Alex Ross's Realistic Lithograph.
This set look like the Previews Diamond Select Vinyl Banks.
Whoever made this, the ES better be Insanely Rare cause I can't see many people dropping Anywhere near $800.00 for this!

Back