Alert: Sideshow more recasts on ebay.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If SSC changes which factory they use because of someone selling factory rejects, we'll never hear about it. It doesn't mean no action was taken.

'as far as i know, the auctions were never pulled and sideshow never took any action against the seller in china.'

i was speaking of the im ebay seller, because his account remained open well after the fakes surfaced. as far as the factory, switching to another may prove to be an exercise in futility, as i doubt the security in any toy factory in china is very good. it was never established if the bogus im statues were rejects or recasts from a stolen mold that should have been destroyed. for all anyone knows, the guy selling these counterfeits could have had a vendetta against his former employer. guess we'll never know.

probably just a typo, unless he's comparing you to this guy from Futurama.

Of course I knew it was a typo, but I had to be an ass about it didn't I?

And here is who I compare Dave to -

265772317_cba82d35d3.jpg

Ebay only cares about their bottom line. I doubt they're doing anything to help this.

Wonder if all this stuff gets sent to be made in China and the people with the molds make their own "extras" and sell them. So they are the same pieces and all, just not being sold through Sideshow like the licensed ones are supposed to be. Not cool!

How can Sideshow just let thier factory reproduce thier product?
This is all due to out sourcing. If they just made the statues here in the states they could keep better security.

This is all due to out sourcing. If they just made the statues here in the states they could keep better security.

i'm sure they are saving a crap load of money by having them produced and painted overseas. i hate the fact that people seem to be getting away with reproducing the SS statues, but if SS doesn't really care about what difference does it make?? i know i'd be pissed if i paid the premium price for that only to find out after i receive it that it is a reproduced statue especially if it wasn't clearly mentioned anywhere in the auction.

And probably better Quality Control too. With the rapid rise in fuel prices and the corresponding drop in the Dollar vis-a-vis the Chinese Yuan, hopefully, SS will start to find it more economical to do things at home base and start to consider moving some production back to the States.

And probably better Quality Control too. With the rapid rise in fuel prices and the corresponding drop in the Dollar vis-a-vis the Chinese Yuan, hopefully, SS will start to find it more economical to do things at home base and start to consider moving some production back to the States.

I don't think they will do so.

it doesn't IMHO. Now its a bit deceitful and I understand why Sideshow would go after them (not sure about all the official deputies in the Sideshow Police who seem to be running around screaming and yelling) but in reality even the best done fakes were always identified quickly. The Iron Man comiquette which was almost flawless except for the shoulder plates was found out quickly and had threads upon threads about it. The recasts and fakes are getting worse and now they are even just simply saying its not Sideshow's. In reality what it has done is made more collectors more vigilant, I can't tell you how many questions I've seen that ask for specific pictures of the shoulders, etc, not to mention that they are driving the prices up for the real things which are usually be accompanied by shipper boxes and sometimes even receipts of purchase. People can run around playing policeman all they want but in reality if Sideshow isn't slamming these folks to the wall, once has to wonder how much of a big deal they consider it.....other companies are nailing sellers left and right who have similar things that are even stated as unofficial.....In reality the secondary market has no real bearing on Sideshow themselves and the only ones who are really hurt are the uninformed collectors. Collectors who are really wary ask around, I've fielded about 20 questions about pieces since these things have come out and I know some collectors really get hammered with questions.

Maybe sideshow sells these factory rejects that have minimal defects to workers?

Master Replicas did sort of the same thing with Amy selling defective or returned products under ajcollecting on Ebay. Until the day she left MR she openly denied ever having anything to do with ajcollecting, but most of us long time MR fans knew what was going down.

I just submitted a pair of auction listings to Sideshow using the customer service form. Both auctions are selling resin recasts of the Sammael maquette as kits, and they even use Sideshow artwork to show what a finished kit "might" look like.

I'm amazed that there are Sideshow enthusiasts who don't see what's wrong with this.

..and received a thanks from Jennifer Bigham with a note that it's been relayed to Sideshow's legal department...

See, if they don't vigorously defend their works, they can forfeit the rights to them. So the WATCH-Bear is on the job now...

:rock

Try this, we just received this email yesterday

Hello sir
We are GK studio in China.We can manufacture various resin figure and PVC figure and statues.and we can accept custom-made figure and statues.
Now we have some statues in stock.
The statues detail information as below:
1.Iron Man Sideshow Exclusive Edition wholesale price:USD285.00 the minimum order is 5pcs
2. Hulk VS Spider-Man Polystone Dioramawholesale price:USD315.00 the minimum order is 5pcs
3. CLEAR ICEMAN VARIANT STATUE BOWEN DESIGNS ONLY 300 MADEwholesale price is USD285.00 minimum order is 5 pcs.
4.Spider-Woman 1/1 Scale Bust Upper Deck Authenticated
wholesale price : USD 255.00the minimum order is 5pcs.
5.Halo3 master chiefwholesale price: USD 47.00 the minimum order is 5pcs
6. the resident evil tyrant statues limited edition wholesale price is USD 65.00 minimum order is 5pcs
If you need it,please contact me as soon as possible.
Thank you and best regards
Kevin Yang

We got that too. So they are spreading their wings and trying to flood the market. I am hoping that SS can use this information to stop this from continuing.

Back