Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AOU is underrated

I agree. I really found it pretty impressive in person. And the colors aren't too bright. I always worry about the blue.

Only thing that sucks about prints that are not affiliated with Mondo...the paper is thinner.

Yeah I was really worried about handling it

I just took it to my framer in the tube. :p

I got back a bit ago with Avengers variant. Once I get it on the wall with the other three in their proper spots, I'll update a photo. Now the long road to CW. I still dislike the 8-10 week time period. But I guess it's better than SSC's and HT's 1-2 years.

I just took it to my framer in the tube. :p

I got back a bit ago with Avengers variant. Once I get it on the wall with the other three in their proper spots, I'll update a photo. Now the long road to CW. I still dislike the 8-10 week time period. But I guess it's better than SSC's and HT's 1-2 years.

I don't think it'll be 8-10 weeks

I will of course move these over to the left to fit CW once it arrives but I'm too lazy for that right now.

IMG_8022.JPG

What was the initial scare? A dented tube?

Tube was rock-solid (even though shipped through the collectors "Satan" - DHL) - I think I could have jumped on it and it would have been fine, and it took forever to get the plastic end-cap off (ridged plastic thread) - so the whole OUTER packaging was superb.

BUT, the tube was too long for the print, and the print had been wrapped too tightly, so it was sliding loosely from end-to-end inside the tube.

When I took it out, one end of the print/brown paper combo was caved in about 3", and the other about 1", so my heart sank thinking that the print was bent too.

It turned out that because the brown paper was wider than the print, it was just the paper that was caved in.

Still - could have been avoided by not wrapping the print so tightly OR using a tube that was only a couple of inches longer than the print/paper.

All's well that ends well though :)

Back