agonistes' 1:6 customs *Part III Jason Voorhees*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: agonistes' 1:6 customs *Jim Lee Batman - my first sculpt!*

Jim Lee and Frank Millers All Star Bats is one of my favourite graphic novels

Kudos! Looks amazing! Wish I could own something like that

Re: agonistes' 1:6 customs *Jim Lee Batman - my first sculpt!*

IMG_2703_3_small.jpg

IMG_2705_2_small.jpg

IMG_2708_2_small.jpg

THAT is a gorgeous Batman!!!:clap

Re: agonistes' 1:6 customs *Jim Lee Batman - first sculpt*

Thanks a lot, guys. :)

Any comments on my first WIP sculpt? :monkey3

I finally started working on my very first head sculpt, a Jim Lee Batman.
Now this is still very rough, my aim was basically just to see if I have the potential to actually sculpt and be satisfied with my output. I think it's going in the right direction. There's of course a lot of room for improvement, proper symmetry first and foremost. I haven't succeeded yet in getting the left eye (his right) right.
Any comments, critiques, feedback, etc. are very welcome. :)

IMG_3448_2_small.jpg

IMG_3451_small.jpg

Re: agonistes' 1:6 customs *Jim Lee Batman - first sculpt*

After a couple of months of work, I finally finished my Part III Jason yesterday, and I'm really happy with the way he came out. :)
The only thing that bothers me a bit are the pants, I would still like to get some lighter grey ones, but no luck so far. Trying to bleach the pants didn't work, and I didn't want to risk doing it a second time. The legs of the DAM body are also a bit awkward to pose and don't look perfect, but I'll leave those as is for the time being.
I also still want to make a real metal machete, although that's still a ways off. And I'd like an axe for alternate posing options, but I haven't found a right one, yet. If anybody has suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Here's the full recipe:

Sculpt and mask: Betomatali
Chevrons: 8-bit commando (thanks a lot for supplying these)
Straps and rivets on mask: self-made with faux leather (adjustable) and nailheads
Body: DAM toys tall, with more muscles sculpted on the arms and calves with milliput, and padded out at chest, stomach, shoulders, back, and upper thighs
Hands: SS Part III Jason (thanks to EVILFACE for these)
Shirt: "Soldier Airman" clothing set, from ebay; nailhead buttons added on the outside, and magnets added inside for opening and closing
Pants: Wild Toys gray chino pants, bleached slightly
White vest: MC Toys white vest, but and restitched in the back
Boots: DID black combat boots, from ebay
Machete: SS Part VI Jason
Paint and weathering: all by myself (thanks to Seb for tips on how to paint the sculpt)

On to the pictures. :)

IMG_8330_2_small.jpg

IMG_8301_2_small.jpg

IMG_8305_2_small.jpg

IMG_8307_2_small.jpg

IMG_8311_2_small.jpg

IMG_8331_2_small.jpg

IMG_8318_2_small.jpg

IMG_8315_2_small.jpg

IMG_8321_2_small.jpg

IMG_8291_2_small.jpg

IMG_8346_2_small.jpg

And some shots of the body underneath, showing all the sculpting and padding:

IMG_8280_2_small.jpg

IMG_8286_2_small.jpg

IMG_8287_2_small.jpg

Wow man... that came out great! I had considered the same pants, but was worried they wouldn't fit... but they look good to me.

So it is supposed to be leather for the mask straps... seems most I've seen have been fabric, or at least that's kind of what it looked like to me. I just primed my masks, so getting close to done.

Oh, and great start on your Batman sculpt, looks good so far :duff

Man, amazing figures! Im not a big fan of comic style batman figures, but this one, wow, absolutely great :clap

Wow man... that came out great! I had considered the same pants, but was worried they wouldn't fit... but they look good to me.

So it is supposed to be leather for the mask straps... seems most I've seen have been fabric, or at least that's kind of what it looked like to me. I just primed my masks, so getting close to done.

Oh, and great start on your Batman sculpt, looks good so far :duff

Thanks, gboy. I'm actually not sure if the masks straps are supposed to be leather, but I couldn't find any screenshot where the straps had any texture that would suggest cloth, so I went with it. I've seen a lot of customs that use those black elastics, but they always look completely out of scale to me. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished Jason as well, your paint up on the sculpt looked great already.

And thanks on the Batman sculpt. I haven't worked on him since the pictures unfortunately, but I do have another Batman sculpt that I'm currently working on and is close to being finished, where I sculpted the cowl on another sculpt, which saved me from having to sculpt the difficult details as eyes and mouth. :lol

Man, amazing figures! Im not a big fan of comic style batman figures, but this one, wow, absolutely great :clap

Thanks a lot, that Batman was a labour of love. :)

Leather makes sense... but I figured it must be some kind of elastic since that's what I always see. Regardless your's looks great :rock

Kick *** on all of those brother!

Thanks again. :)

Leather makes sense... but I figured it must be some kind of elastic since that's what I always see. Regardless your's looks great :rock

Yeah it might be elastic in the movie, but scaled down to 1:6 a regular elastic just doesn't work anymore IMO. Perhaps a ribbed cloth would work as well, but I quite like the look of the leather actually. :)

Awesome Jason, all thos emods on the body makes a huge difference.
And yes the straps are elastic :)

Thanks my friend. Since getting the milliput I've started using it for so much stuff. :D I first padded the arms of Jason with paper towel, but I figured that sculpting some muscles would hold up better and gives me more freedom as to the shape. Plus it makes it easier to remove/put on the clothing, since it's smoother, and firmly attached.

Miliput (and 2 part epoxies in general) are a great item to have in your custmoizing tool box. Even just for adding pegs to hands, etc. it's invaluable.

Back