After weeks of waiting for Medicom's Spidey...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockabilly

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPS GOES AND F'S IT UP ROYALY!!!

Originally it was supposed to be delivered last Friday the 25th, then it was rescheduled for today 5/29, no big deal. So I get up today at around 7:00pm (I work 3rd shift) go outside to where the UPS man always leaves me stuff and...nothing. At first I figure no bid deal they may have been really backed up after the holiday so it probably just got rescheduled again for tomorrow. So I go back in a check the tracking number again...DELIVERED 5/29 at 2:54pm...DOH!!! So I go back outside and look all over the place, ask my wife again if I got a package, then asked my mother-in-law if she saw it when she game and picked my son up, all of them said no they hadn't seen anything.

Needless to say I'm sick to my stomach at this point so I call UPS and they tell me it was delivered and left by the front door blah blah blah. So I tell them that there is no package here and they told me to contact the shipper so they could start tracking down the package. So now I have to bug Dark Shadow with this, when I know it's clearly not their fault, and all this time I'm thinking horrible thoughts. What if whoever did get my package is a bastard and decides to keep it for themselves, what if the UPS man did leave it here and somehow someone got it (highly unlikely), what if I never see my Medicom Spidey 3 figure and I'm out $90?

I've never had this problem before, so I have no idea how it may get resolved. If anybody else has ever had this happen I'd really appreciate some advise or how your situation turned out.

Oh and if you got my Spider-Man...GIVE IT BACK!!!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I feel your pain. My last two Sideshow shipments have been directed to a non-existent address in my town. The last time, the driver actually claimed to have rung the doorbell. On the house. That doesn't exist.

(also of note, by the time the second one showed up it looked like the UPS donkey had practiced his rain dance on top of it...successfully)

Still, at least the lying donkey didn't claim to have actually delivered it in my case. The sad thing is, with the ridiculous Priority Mail scam that's going on, more and more shippers are turning to UPS.

Good luck, I hope this gets resolved with a minimum of aneurisms.

Bodie The Cursed said:
Is this where my free Spidey came from?..

:lol < LOL!!!!
:emperor :emperor :emperor
:rotfl :monkey2 :rotfl :monkey2

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Dark Shadow, they got my e-mail and decided to call me instead of going back and forth with e-mail after e-mail. He said they're going to go ahead and start the trace for the package and worst case scenerio would be that it couldn't be found, UPS would owe him for the package and I would get a replacement next week. They really are great people at Dark Shadow, and I love doing business with them. Stuff like this just makes me want to deal with them even more. For them to take the time and call me instead of just sending a vague e-mail is great customer service.

Now...GIVE ME BACK MY SPIDER-MAN BODIE!!!:emperor :emperor

I just got my red/blue Medicom Spidey today and am incredibely dissapointed by it. I wish they would've put the effort they put into Venom towards teh Spidey's too. They're also TERRIBLY out of scale...

Rockabilly said:
:emperor :emperor :emperor
:rotfl :monkey2 :rotfl :monkey2

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Dark Shadow, they got my e-mail and decided to call me instead of going back and forth with e-mail after e-mail. He said they're going to go ahead and start the trace for the package and worst case scenerio would be that it couldn't be found, UPS would owe him for the package and I would get a replacement next week. They really are great people at Dark Shadow, and I love doing business with them. Stuff like this just makes me want to deal with them even more. For them to take the time and call me instead of just sending a vague e-mail is great customer service.

Now...GIVE ME BACK MY SPIDER-MAN BODIE!!!:emperor :emperor

it sucks but at least you have Adam at Dark Shadow going all out for you. GREAT site.

Last edited:
That sucks Rockabilly. I had the same thing happen to my Anakin Skywalker exclusive. I was home all day and waited with the drapes drawn so I'd see if they drop anything off, it never came but Fed Ex said they drooped it off.
Because of this, I now request that All my packages are Signature Delivery. At least then the guy would have to forge my signature to steal them.

FINALLY UPS dropped Spidey off today, the UPS guy said it was at my neighbors. So they've had a package that belongs to me since Monday afternoon and just sit there and waited until the UPS man went back and picked it up. We've had some of their stuff dropped off at our house before and guess what we did...we took it over there to 'em that day. I know it sounds ridiculous, but we did. The next time something of their's is left here they may not be so lucky.

Wow, those are some sucky neighbors!
On the bright side, at least you don't have to go through the dreaded UPS investigation process. If they investigate as fast as they deliver packages you'd end up with Spiderman 4 figures.

Man, those nabours of yours are a couple of buttholes:emperor Hope you let there mail chill for a few days before returning... Like the old saying, "what goes around, comes around":D

same thing happened with my obi-wan.. but with USPS.... first off it was two weeks late, then when it did come.. they said they delivered it.. I called and it ended being there still...

wow, you have some crappy neighbors. I live in a pretty close quarters place and we all get each other's mail. I'm shocked that they didn't just walk over and give it to you. that sucks, well at least you know you will get your spidey. He's worth the wait.

It's not tight here, they're probably a couple hundred yards away and I can barely see their house for the trees, but they're still just the very next driveway down. It wouldn't have been terribly hard to drive it over here.

Rockabilly said:
FINALLY UPS dropped Spidey off today, the UPS guy said it was at my neighbors. So they've had a package that belongs to me since Monday afternoon and just sit there and waited until the UPS man went back and picked it up. We've had some of their stuff dropped off at our house before and guess what we did...we took it over there to 'em that day. I know it sounds ridiculous, but we did. The next time something of their's is left here they may not be so lucky.
Yeah!!! Screw them bastards!!!!! Im glad you got your spidey!!!! thats like my gratest fear!!!! uiiii i dont like thinking about it!!!!:monkey2 :lol

I've had to redeliver misdelivered UPS packages before, one was several streets away but the same number. Your neighbors should've at least called you so you could swing by and pick it up yourself if they didn't really want to get up off their asses.

So Rockabilly, what do you think of Spidey? I was a bit disappointed with mine.

Rockabilly said:

Stupid f'n neighbors!!

Glad you got your Spidey, thats all that matters.

Back