Action Figure Repair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flintty

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all. I've done a search and couldn't find anything so apologies if I have missed a thread for this already.

I have a problem with my Figma Kirito (SAO); I was posing him earlier this week and stupidly broke the handle off of his black sword. I'm over the initial shock/anger/sadness and now I just want to get it fixed (I emailed Good Smile Company and they won't sell me a replacement sword).
6YZnlUf.jpg
I read that standard supermarket superglue is no good for these figures. Has anyone had any experience with this and repairing such a small and delicate break? Any tips on what glue to use? Preferably something I can buy in UK.

Cheers.

There is a liquid plastic adhesive that dries with UV rays, maybe that can work, that way you get to control the mess and have it dry when you're ready. I've seen it sold as:
Laser Bond
Loctite
5 second fix

Just do a google search for UV Glue. I hope this helps.

Hi all. I've done a search and couldn't find anything so apologies if I have missed a thread for this already.

I have a problem with my Figma Kirito (SAO); I was posing him earlier this week and stupidly broke the handle off of his black sword. I'm over the initial shock/anger/sadness and now I just want to get it fixed (I emailed Good Smile Company and they won't sell me a replacement sword).
I read that standard supermarket superglue is no good for these figures. Has anyone had any experience with this and repairing such a small and delicate break? Any tips on what glue to use? Preferably something I can buy in UK.

Cheers.

Your best bet is to drill holes into both parts with a pin vice and cut a length of brass rod the same diameter as the holes you've drilled to 'pin' both parts together, with a very sparing amount of a good-quality cyanoacrylate adhesive used to close the join.

It may be easier to find a friend who's good at scale modelling to do this for you.

Your best bet is to drill holes into both parts with a pin vice and cut a length of brass rod the same diameter as the holes you've drilled to 'pin' both parts together, with a very sparing amount of a good-quality cyanoacrylate adhesive used to close the join.

It may be easier to find a friend who's good at scale modelling to do this for you.

This!

Back