ACI Toys - 300 - Leonidas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really hoping Star Ace have some sick new license at NYCC...stuff that either has never been done or stuff that has been done poorly, or stuff that has been done, but the company didn't make the one character you wanted.

Really hoping Star Ace have some sick new license at NYCC...stuff that either has never been done or stuff that has been done poorly, or stuff that has been done, but the company didn't make the one character you wanted.

Yeah That's what I'm hoping too. I think they'll definitely be interesting.

The thing is, no matter how good the rubber, you will always fear leaving it in any pose different than the usual "museum pose" for any period of time.
I, too, would prefer one of ACI's muscular bodies. They look pretty good with minimal clothing and keep a very nice range of movement.

i would prefer a rubber body on this. any other release a plastic would completely be fine, but elbow joints on this figure will more or less ruin it.
but lets see what they have up their sleeves. Times have changed and i am sure they will probably have a much better way to do a rubber body and still achieve longevity.

I dont need joints on my expensive doll especially for character thats really define by their muscles, just bring it on those rubber body. Maybe I am crazy but 1/6 Xerxes with accurate height will total boss

same here, I wasn't collecting back then and can't bring myself to spring for a $500 +\- for a HT Leo on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the original HT Leonidas and have always regretted selling it. Really hoping the ACI and/or the Star Ace figures are up to snuff and have the details in the body that HT one had and don't cheapen out with just a generic muscle body. I don't like joints on these types of figures so I'm hoping for a full rubber body

^^^ I agree the ht Leo body had realistic details from veins to wound marks / not some "paint brush" strokes on a generic body! I really really hope they go as far as ht went on the figure. Else it will just be some plastic doll which people will buy and then sell as months pass by!
In today's time it has to be museum quality!
Nice custom / from scratch made body / Metal accessories (good to have but not a must) / and two sculpts with near perfect likeness!
The ht arrow holes on the shield is also a nice touch that can be adopted!

Imagine if 4 years later they use a stock plastic muscle body and paint some wound marks on it and put for preorder! :(

Just for comparison sake that would be imagining a dx13 on a stock body with the chest painted on it rather than actually carved!

This is their opportunity to show that a company can stand shoulder to shoulder with Ht from a quality and eye for detail stand point!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Back