ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you did an excellent job on the boots. The problem with the stock is that it looks too plasticky.
I love the ACI Aragorn, but the boots have been always my little nitpick.
But with your repaint, it doesnt look plasticky.
Definitely need to to that repaint on mine sometime.

Thanks man, I agree the stock boots do lack depth but I mainly didn't like the inaccurate color. His boots should be a greyish/olive which I didn't quite nail myself. I went with an olive base with different shades of dirt colors dry brushed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip.
I recently bought several shades of green paint including olive for a custom I'm working on.
So, I'm glad to see your custom repaint, will put those paints to more good use. :)

Last edited:
Yodasodabo amazing mods. Could you post some close-ups picks of the headsculpt?

Thanks, a bit self conscious of the eyes as it's really my first time doing them. I usually leave the stock painted eyes when doing a repaint as I'm not confident in that area. But I just wasn't happy with the eye placement so I had to repaint them this time. Not the greatest job but not that noticeable in person without the bright light washing out his face.
243e68b8ba892ed078f0dd0235efe552.jpg

Thanks, a bit self conscious of the eyes as it's really my first time doing them. I usually leave the stock painted eyes when doing a repaint as I'm not confident in that area. But I just wasn't happy with the eye placement so I had to repaint them this time. Not the greatest job but not that noticeable in person without the bright light washing out his face.

Different eye placement is indeed a great improvement...basically the stock oneonly allows for determined battle stance, this is much more versatile. Great job!

I'm looking to replace the body myselft. Can you guys tell me if this World Box AT011 would work?

$_12.JPG

That's the body I used, padded the stomach area a bit. Posted pics a couple posts up

Can't go wrong with Worldbox, they make top notch bodies. They really need to expand and corner the market, they could dominate it and fill the gap HT has left for quality custom bases.

Can't go wrong with Worldbox, they make top notch bodies. They really need to expand and corner the market, they could dominate it and fill the gap HT has left for quality custom bases.

Are they considered the best non-Hot Toys bodies out there?

Are they considered the best non-Hot Toys bodies out there?
In my opinion, absolutely. DAM makes good ones too, but the heft to the TT19 like bodies I've got from Worldbox is very impressive. And they have full body paint apps. I think the more skeletal ones like that listed above don't have as many paint apps though.

I'd have to agree about World Box. They're bodies are heavy duty and well made. And if you're looking for something sturdy, these are the guys to go with. They may not be as cheap as a lot of those generic bodies out there, but then I've never had one with sloppy joints, either.

Here,s my modded aragorn on the worldbox body. Modded hair, bit of weathering, cape reworked, custom base etc. Pretty glad I didn't sell the figure. It think it looks really great.

IMG_8638.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8638.jpg
    IMG_8638.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 129
Back