ACi have LOTR licence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol - It's like the Hot Toys/Enterbay war in Middle Earth!

You can neve rhave too much Middle Earth. . . . . . . my wallet just started crying again.

Hopefully the release for ACI and Asmus' Aragorns are stagered a little bit. I plan on gettting both but having a little bit of time between them would be nice. Hopefully either ACI or Asmus will move to remake the entire Fellowship because I have a feeling Boromir and the hobbits are going to start looking real dated next to the Aragorns. Sadly Legolas and Faramir have looked dated since they arrived thanks to the paint apps.

:lol - It's like the Hot Toys/Enterbay war in Middle Earth!

It is. Too bad that this is going to be the 2nd doubling up on characters when we could have had a fresh four between the two companies.

Fingers crossed that this Aragorn is as sharp as you say. From the pic of the sculpt it looks very, very promising.

Simple fact: Whoever wins the likeness battle is going to win the war.

It is. Too bad that this is going to be the 2nd doubling up on characters when we could have had a fresh four between the two companies.

Fingers crossed that this Aragorn is as sharp as you say. From the pic of the sculpt it looks very, very promising.

Simple fact: Whoever wins the likeness battle is going to win the war.
Can't say I disagree with the likeness issue. I fully expect the ACI Aragorn to be more expensive. With that said, being as Aragorn is my favorite literary and movie character, if they nail the likeness I will probaby spring for theirs.

For me likeness is going to be the primary determinant, but price has to be strongly considered, too. It's looking like ACI is running a full $100 more than Asmus. That's a big chunk for my budget. I'm curious to see, not just if ACI's Aragorn is better ... but if it's $100-better.

That said, I love that we'll have a choice. I just hope the battle doesn't eventually cripple both lines.

Aragorn is my favorite literary and movie character

:exactly:

For that reason I will probably end up getting both if I can afford it. Shoot as it is I have three SS Araogrns displayed right now. One in the Ranger cloak in my son's room, one post Amon Henn with the vembraces, elven cloak and Darren's weathering and custom paint and the last one is set up as an attempt to match the PF. I used Faramir's shirt since the one they gave Aragorn didn't have sleeves and that one's sculpt has also been painted by Darren.

Looks like this will be the battle of the Aragorns. As long as the pieces can mix and match, are readily available through retailers like BBTS, and are roughly the same price (+/- up to $100 I suppose), I'll buy whichever one looks best. I just hope there's not a duplication of characters down the line. If the figures can display together it'll probably be best for both lines not to have too much crossover, at least at the beginning. Although there can still be some exceptions. For example, Asmus is already releasing GtW, but the door is probably open for ACI to take on GtG.

Between the two companies, I'm hoping to see The Fellowship, Arwen, Elrond, Galdriel, Faramir, Eowyn (already underway at Asmus), Theoden, Eomer, Denathor, Sarumon, Lurtz and Gollum/Smeagol. Asmus is already on the Witch King, Ringwraiths+Steeds, Mouth of Sauron and a couple of orcs. Plus there's the whole Hobbit line to consider. More than enough wealth and goodness to go around.

Finally! some news on ACI stuff. Thank you for the update.

I'm definitely not gonna get Atagorn, but will look forward to the reveal and spread the news.
Hopefully they have fixed (or are fixing) ringwraith's height.

ACi just posted this on facebook
10387160_588600707904793_6571116196316868978_o.jpg

From under the eyes down the figure looks phenomenal. Just like Asmus though, it looks like ACI is having a hard time capturing the eyes. I hate to be brutally honest here but the rooted hair looks awful. Just my opinion. Still want to see clearer pictures though.

I don't know guys, that looks pretty good to me.
Will wait for better pics anyway, but the sculpt looks miles better than Asmus' effort so far.

It says on Facebook that the photo is a snapshot of Bryan's monitor -- I think the striping is from the screen being polarized or something. He often posts at OSW. Let's watch both forums and hope we see some sweet OMG-level photo coverage soon.

Wouldn't it be cool if Asmus - and others - posted a decent pic so we'd get a clear idea of what we're looking at. This teaser business is just naff. Asmus posting WIPs and inviting feedback counts for a lot. FFS Bryan :dunno

Back