Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Snoopy

Dark Beagle of the Sith
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this at Sci-Fi.com and it sounds interesting...

Zombies mash-up author receives rumored $575,000 for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies author Seth Grahame-Smith, whose Jane Austen mash-up currently has more than 120,000 copies in print since its publication April 1, has just inked a two-book deal with Grand Central Press for a rumored $575,000, Publishers Weekly reported. Grand Central Press would not comment on the size of the advance.
Grahame-Smith's first book for Grand Central Press, which currently has no release date, will be Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The proposal for the new novel sold at auction Wednesday and the story is a loose sketch of Lincoln's life with one twist—our 16th president is the world's most skilled vampire hunter.
A film proposal has already started circulating, with the William Morris agency handling film rights.

I'm waiting for my copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to arrive from Amazon. :D

It sounds like the sort of thing Adult Swim would do.

They ran this show called a Young Person's Guide to History, that featured Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin through the 1700s and 1800s but would put them in rediculous situations like fighting Red Coats with Jet Packs or actually creating James Madison in a pot with a kite at Ben Franklin's apartment. I wish I could find it somewhere to watch it again.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is on backorder at every bookshop I go to. 3 weeks minimum. Better order this one early.

Anyone picking this up? I love the cover.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X58RPS665V0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X58RPS665V0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Gonna pick it up this weekend at Barnes and Noble. I have a $10 off coupon any order of $25 or more. Guess I'll just have to find another book to buy.

I'll need to get this for the wife, she loved Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. And also enjoyed Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.

Saya and I can't wait. She read Pride/Zombies and enjoyed it.

Ok, picked up the book. Fast read-just a few days. Good but not great. It could have been deeper but still a cool read.

I listened to P&P&Z and it was kinda funny, so I got this audiobook too. Not too far into it, kind of slow starting out with a framing device that P&P doesn't have - but I'll give it a chance.

Back