A very happy Sideshow customer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 131

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the sudden recent negativity in a few threads I'd like to reiterate my love for Sideshow's toys, collectibles, chats, staff, sculpters, and especially Dusty. I understand problems occur and with it brings negativity but I'd like to turn that frown upside down and say thanks for everything.

I'm a dork.

I am a dork as well...............

which means that I agree with him.............lets hope he does not edit that out............

I am right there with you Unique Soul. Consider me a member of the dorks brigade.:lol

Here is a letter posted in a parallell universe by shau74 which I managed to get my hands on:

shau74 said:
Customer Service I think so! Just have to praise to my fellow FREAKS!

My little brother does not have a credit card, was not a problem before as I would just order 2 of whatever we both wanted. Then the one per person per household came in (fair enough). I Can't order 2 anymore so we start up an account under my Mom's name and Han Solo Exc. came up north. Mom even told the Customer service rep that her son was ordering for her. Never had a problem since. Even ordered a Luke 1/4 Scale Exc. by phone and was not a problem.

My Gray Hulk appears and a couple of buddies (who ordered after my brothers BTW) both appear but still no Gray for my Bro. He gets an email saying it was oversold, so sorry, here is a $75 credit.

So anyways little Bro calls Dawn and tells her again that this is under Moms account, she says "we should close this account" but if you send in a signed letter from your Mom with photo ID saying she authorizes you to use her card it will be fine.

An email comes in offering to put a order in for the Gray PF and apply the credit to the order, He likes it and is not into reselling. If we wanted to "kiss" the system (in her own words) why on earth would he not take her up on her offer. Or why did I not order one? Both of us LIKE the piece. It would be a sure money maker and we said we were not interested.

An email comes in now saying that the account is being opened because of Life Day (after verification by phone, and a letter which was going to be sent). My brother is obviously elated at being royally treated with a $75 Credit. Dawn then goes on to tell my Brother that MY OWN PERSONAL account is now going to be happy.

Imagine my giddy goose bumps when I come home from work to hear this news. I phone up Sideshow to speak to Dawn's Supervisor but apparently she is the awesomest Customer Service Rep they have. This is when I am told that I have to mail in Photocopies of my pictures to Dawn. Tell me that is not a great way of handing over my heart that they claim to be looking out for.

One big huge mistake on Sideshows part by selling the biggest Grail piece (in my opinion of course) snowballed into all of this. How do we as customers following Sideshows own Rules even remotely deserve to be loved this much.

Dawn and Erin at Sideshow know everything about customer service, AND HOW
l!
I tried to stay out of my little brothers bathroom but could not help myself when they flagged my account and told me I have to send in photo ID to verify my inner feelings.

Erin even went so far as to laugh at my bad jokes over the TLC and needful treatment my brother recieved at Dawn's own loving hand.

Erin told me something that contradicted what Dawn told my brother. That the orders are shipped out in the order they were recieved, this is impossible as we both watched the low quantity alert onscreen for over 20 minutes.

What happens when you phone to give thanks for such awesome customer service - they threaten send you a T-Shirt and an awesome Sideshow key ring.

Now that is customer service?? Why love me?? Any problems I have had in the past were SO WELL taken care of by Sideshow, but this loving attitude towards a loyal customer is just crazy!! :monkey5

They also told my Brother that if he posted any of this info on the message boards that he would get a free T-shirt as well.

I am not scared of their long monkey arms of love and confess I have to tell their customers what Customer Service is REALLY like.

Lets see how long this will stay up before being hailed as the greatest thread of all time!!!!

Yours 100% truly - A very happy shau74

It may be a parallell universe, but it expresses what is in my heart. :joy :duff

pixletwin said:
Here is a letter posted in a parallell universe by shau74 which I managed to get my hands on:

It may be a parallell universe, but it expresses what is in my heart. :joy :duff

I am not sure I understand what happend in the end............ could you maybe translate it for me?

What, his Gray VS piece got canceled and they gave him a $75 dollar credit........which he may or may not have used to get the Grey hulk PF?

Jesse

I've been a happy Sideshow customer for years. They make superior product, they hire the best artists and costumers, their customer service always does their best to solve problems and they interact with the motley group on this forum. How many companies do all that?

There's a reason why I'm a Sideshow Freak... I love Sideshow. :duff

Jesseawilson said:
I am not sure I understand what happend in the end............ could you maybe translate it for me?

Well Jesse, he and his brother lived happily ever after... :D

(Sorry my source material wasn't the most coherrant... I was trying to make it incoherrant with ecstacy rather than rage) ;)

pixletwin said:
Well Jesse, he and his brother lived happily ever after... :D

(Sorry my source material wasn't the most coherrant... I was trying to make it incoherrant with ecstacy rather than rage) ;)

I get it, I just found the other thread........ man I leave for the rest of the day yesterday and all kinds of crazy poo starts going down............

That took some work. lol

Jesse

Good Lord!?!?! I don't know if I've ever before seen such blatant suck upness in all my days. :rock :rotfl

Fritz said:
Good Lord!?!?! I don't know if I've ever before seen such blatant suck upness in all my days. :rock :rotfl
We're just preparing for any contests that may be coming up. :wacky

Unique Soul said:
With the sudden recent negativity in a few threads I'd like to reiterate my love for Sideshow's toys, collectibles, chats, staff, sculpters, and especially Dusty. I understand problems occur and with it brings negativity but I'd like to turn that frown upside down and say thanks for everything.

I'm a dork.

I'll second that. SS is great! They go the extra mile to make sure things get set right.

Well, I'm going to have to side with those who have had positive dealings with Sideshow's customer service team. My experience has been great--they have really gone out of their way to help me when I have had a problem. Sorry to those who haven't had the same positive experiences.

(Now, if this were a thread about very happy FedEx customers, I would be going over to the other side...)

:family Another dork here joining in the extreme suck-upness (LOVE that word BTW).:rotfl

Have had nothing but good vibes (and service) with them since I started ordering from them in Dec 02. Have had only one instance of having to work out a problem (actually it was the 1 order/1 household issue when it first went into effect). It was resolved courteously and with sympathy for my situation. One of the finest customer-oriented businesses I know.

As far as I'm concerned, this board enlightened me to how Sideshows customer service works and how good it is. Thanks to all the members here.

Had I not been a Freak to begin with, I might have treated Sideshow as I would any utility company. I would have had a bad attitude to begin with, expecting a difficult time, and not expecting any real service, knowing frustration would be my final outcome. Having been in a customer service roll before, I would have known the first point of contact had no authority, and I would have demanded the supervisor for a start, before asking for the manager. I would have been hostile from start to finish.

I have only had one small problem with a Sideshow product. That was a production flaw with a pair of 1/6 pants. Long distance communication was no obstacle. Any other time I have had communications, it was to ask for more than I could expect to be given by any other company, and, so normally I wouldn't dare. I just enquire, and Sideshow staff have taken the ball, kicked it around, and passed it back to me, leaving me like the ball. Fully pumped.

What I do give lenience to is, that Sideshow staff need time to address concerns. I understand this and allow for it, because I know Sideshow do their best to liase with collectors, and not just for complaints. Their want to please everyone, brings in a hell of a lot of collectors taking up their time with all sorts of enquiries and odd requests. They may want to turn over an enquiry within 48 hours, but that can't always be achieved, so I allow for it. If you have a job, you should be able to understand that you can't always foresee your workload.

Back