Statue A Question regarding value...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stat-u-man?

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey all;

I'm seriously thinking about making a bid or either outright buying the following two Kotobukiya IRON MAN pieces over on E-Bay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ArtFX-Iron...4335?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item53f1124e5f

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kotobukiya...65?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item20cdc9f859

...and since you fine folks are pretty much all more well-versed in collecting, I thought I'd see if you thought the prices were pretty well in-line or if the respective owners were asking a bit much...

I'm a HUGE fan of the first IM movie and IM in general and I really LIKE the fact that these items are from IM and not from IM2.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to have posted this, but it seemed like a good place to get advice!

Thanks!

koto stuff never go up in value, only down. Just wait for one of those sales and you can buy them at <$100

Their x-wing kit is probably the only exception to this.

koto stuff never go up in value, only down. Just wait for one of those sales and you can buy them at <$100

not true... their PVC's can go up quite a lot. Same goes for their more obscure stuff like the Shadow of the Colossus; First Colossus :)

Have you seen the prices of Koto's older Bishoujo line? Some even topping the $400+ range.:monkey1

Depends on the piece bro,

First Koto Thor Appreciated quite well and is pretty rare now. As well as the Danger Room Wolverine, Batman PVC(until they rereleased it in another color), and Superman PVC - and probably many others

I would be a little worried about Koto pieces...I think they are apt to re releases. I wouldn't be surprised if they re release those bishoujo pieces at some point. in any case, if you are a huge ironman fan, pay the extra cash and buy the sideshow mark vi and war machine maquettes...now those are sweet!

I would be a little worried about Koto pieces...I think they are apt to re releases. I wouldn't be surprised if they re release those bishoujo pieces at some point. in any case, if you are a huge ironman fan, pay the extra cash and buy the sideshow mark vi and war machine maquettes...now those are sweet!

SSC is also prone to re release statues as well. 3 Elktra Coms and 2 PFs, 3 Hulk Com variants, 2 Hulk PFs, 3 Spidey PFs, 2 Iron Man Coms, and some more I'm sure I missed. You aren't safe from re releases/variants if you buy SSC merch. Every company does it.

Hey fellas I've had a few offers for this piece, and given some serious consideration to letting it go for the monies being offered. I wanted to see what some of you guys feel is a fair price for this custom piece that I had done by a pretty popular customizer on the forum.

Classic%20BnB%20Spiderman%20Custom-L.jpg

Hey fellas I've had a few offers for this piece, and given some serious consideration to letting it go for the monies being offered. I wanted to see what some of you guys feel is a fair price for this custom piece that I had done by a pretty popular customizer on the forum.

I have loved this piece since I saw your fist post of it. The fact that you had him done up in retro colors really sets this piece off. It looks magnificent. I'm really surprised you are willing to part with it. I know I would have a hard time ever letting this go.

I have loved this piece since I saw your fist post of it. The fact that you had him done up in retro colors really sets this piece off. It looks magnificent. I'm really surprised you are willing to part with it. I know I would have a hard time ever letting this go.

Bro' I'm only contemplating it because of the offer$ that have been shot my way.

I like their original Iron Man stuff, particularly the Mark II there (I had the Mark III version of that one). Cool pose, nice statue all around. I only sold mine because I was getting some HT Iron Man stuff so it made sense to keep a consistent HT theme.

Well, I went ahead and snagged the MARK II statue and I'll likely wind up buying the MARK III as well, just to have a cool pair of statues from the first movie. I do like the MARK IV version from IM 2 a lot, as well, so I may wind up with that one, too, down the road. The only versions I'm not particularly fond of are the MARK V (looked sorta silly, IMHO) and any of the suits with the triangular arc reactor. I'm afraid I have to agree with Joss Whedon when he says "the triangle is ass"...:lol

That is exceptional. If it were mine I wouldn't sell it, but if I absolutely had to no less than $900.

Back