A question about POTA Brent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highlander rights

screamingmetal said:
The result of those events I fear is that Sideshow will never release a character that they do not have the actor's likeness rights for.
So since Connery said No to a Ramirez from Highlander, we'll never see that release. Which is a shame since that costume would be impossible to pull of by ourselves. :(

Really? I didn't know that part. Maybe it's all in the approach? Honestly, you know how Sideshow usually advertises in their list of character features "Official likeness of _____"?

Sideshow has such great communication/relationship with us. If Sideshow ever just came out and said on their website "we were unable to get likeness rights for Ramirez, but do to overwhelming collector demand for this character we are making this figure anyways for fans to finish off their collections" I think they would be thought of as heroes.

Now that the Highlander line seems to have tanked I doubt this would happen, but I'm just saying as an example. I love the Highlander line and still hope against hope for an Origins Kurgan. If not, my Modern Kurgan's gonna be getting some long hair!

Now I'm getting off topic, but wouldn't THAT have been a cooler exclusive for Modern Kurgan? (I just thought of that now)- Hair for the exclusive Kurgan, then the bald look for the regular version? I bet that would have sold more.

I'd still like to get a Brent regardless. But then, I'm just really glad that they made Apes figures, talk about a wish come true.

PS- Does the Nova figure look pretty good in person?

[

PS- Does the Nova figure look pretty good in person?[/QUOTE]

She isn't 100% on target but close enough; I would give her a 99.9%. I think the only thing that makes her not look like Harrison is the hair. In my opinion, if they would have done her with molded hair she would have looked better. But she is worth having!!! I take it you haven't bought the Slave Taylor and Nova yet?

I think the good doctor is being generous. Overall, I guess I would give her a 90/100. The hair wasn't a real benefit, the skin color was a little less than "tanned" from growing up in the sun, the outfit wasn't as close to what she wore in the film as I'd have liked and I'm not 100% convinced on the likeness. Nonetheless, she is in my collection as I tried to support the line with purchasing as many as possible.

I haven't opened Nova, but she does suffer a bit from the rooted hair/big head syndrome.

They haven't said that Highlander is dead, but then at Sideshow there is no Dead line!

Darklord Dave said:
They haven't said that Highlander is dead, but then at Sideshow there is no Dead line!

(Ba-dum-dim-dum), Thank you ladies and gentelmen, Dave will be here all week! (And where is that DEAD line?)

Dr_Zaius said:
I take it you haven't bought the Slave Taylor and Nova yet?

Nope- at least not yet. The price is one issue, plus I always felt iffy about the Nova photos.

Ironman1188 said:
I think the good doctor is being generous. Overall, I guess I would give her a 90/100. The hair wasn't a real benefit, the skin color was a little less than "tanned" from growing up in the sun, the outfit wasn't as close to what she wore in the film as I'd have liked and I'm not 100% convinced on the likeness. Nonetheless, she is in my collection as I tried to support the line with purchasing as many as possible.

Also an unpainted version of the Nova head was used for one of the Art S Buck nude figures. Still not sure which one came first. :confused:

If the ole Arty one came first that would explain the likeness problem. :D

I haven't picked up this figure yet either. I just can't justify the cost due to the look of the finished product. I may one day if I can find it for next to nothing on E-Bay.

Shopping around is always helpful, especially for an item like Taylor/Nova. They have been available from other retailers for as low as $44, which is not a bad deal at all.

Back