A new Statue arrived today!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The important differences are:

Edition Size:
MC: 3000
Reg: unlimited

Display:
MC: wooden case with glass window and key lock
Reg: standart wall plaque like the other swords

Look:
MC: battle worn
Reg: clean

Material:
MC: carbon steel
Reg: stainless steel

Battle ready:
MC: Yes, but not sharpened
Reg: No, only for display

Will take some pictures as soon as I'm back home.

yqemoifh.jpg

The Sting Museum Collection version is really a beautiful showpiece. I purchased mine from eBay about a year ago for $250 from a previous owner. It was in perfect condition, just missing the box (which was just fine with me since it isn't going until I do). The showcase really sets it off, although I wasn't fond of the artwork behind it. I bought some burgundy velvet and cut a sheet of very thin cardboard poster material to fit the showcase and covered it with the velvet. Then I just unscrewed the holders, covered the paper backing art work with the velvet (no glue, just a friction fit) and screwed the holders back into the same holes. What a difference! It now looks like it belongs in a Royal Armory somewhere.

I just wish I was wealthy enough to purchase the Glamdring Museum version and do the same (alas not likely anytime soon).

I paid around 300€ for it. Bought it from a european retailer.
Haven't found a cheaper one, those are really rare in the EU.

@gfdill: Can you post a picture of your show case. I'm thinking about changing the artwork, too.

Back