A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've notice various comments regarding the opening in his shirt, and wasn't sure if people weren't spotting it, so I did a PS trace. I'm sure there will be varying opinions on if it's open enough and all, but it is open, just the way his outfit it, it's very subtle to pick up on. I've traced what is a clear opening but there's room for more behind the vest as well.

han_shirt.jpg

I'm so excited for this figure, I wish it was shipping already.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to come off like that, I just wanted to calm things down and be a little grateful. I apologize if that came off the wrong way. :banghead

Back to your regularly scheduled thread . . .

The sculpt is there most definitely. Trev is a freak of nature when it comes to sculpting! Have any of you guys ever seen his Jolie from Sky Captain. This was one of his first sculpts ever!!

franky_animated2.gif

Sideshow's paint apps are the problem.Let Les or Pacobird from OSW get hold of this sculpt and you will be amazed.

The sculpt is there most definitely. Trev is a freak of nature when it comes to sculpting! Have any of you guys ever seen his Jolie from Sky Captain. This was one of his first sculpts ever!!

franky_animated2.gif

Sideshow's paint apps are the problem.Let Les or Pacobird from OSW get hold of this sculpt and you will be amazed.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Atom do you have any recent pics of your SW 1/6 collection? I remember you posting a cool Mustafar setup with lit up lava and everything.

Hey, man. Nah, I don't have any recent pics, I haven't had any time to do any cool toy photography lately....stoopit deadlines! (Homer voice).

All I wanna do is play.... some cool Dagobah pics with the Bespin Luke & the Medicom VCD Yoda.... some more Assaj Ventriss pics.... something with the Medicom Boba Fett.... just fun, fun, fun.

Aren't toys frickin' cool? I was having a drink with IrishJedi the other night and we realized that STAR WARS collecting has never had this kind of range before. Anyone old enough to remember the days of Kenner's "Empty Box" promotion will recall that the highest of high-end SW stuff you could get in, say, 1978 was a soundtrack album. Maybe an original one-sheet. Possibly an autographed 8X10. That was pretty much it. Everything else was toys and t-shirts. Model kits were the top-of-the-line collectibles.

Nowadays we can get so much more stuff. From cool toys at a cheap price all the way up to amazing collectibles like replicas of props and models.

"These are great days we're living in, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth... with guns!"

-AH!

Nowadays we can get so much more stuff. From cool toys at a cheap price all the way up to amazing collectibles like replicas of props and models.

"These are great days we're living in, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth... with guns!"

-AH!

Yep that sure is true, unless of course you are a Firefly/Serenity Fan....

I've notice various comments regarding the opening in his shirt, and wasn't sure if people weren't spotting it, so I did a PS trace. I'm sure there will be varying opinions on if it's open enough and all, but it is open, just the way his outfit it, it's very subtle to pick up on. I've traced what is a clear opening but there's room for more behind the vest as well.

I'm so excited for this figure, I wish it was shipping already.

I noticed that. It looks like it could be too short. Should be easy to change (for SSC).

Anyone have pics of the Han the enterbay guy did? I remember that being one of the better ones, but I this one is better so far from what I've seen.

You know, I'm not sure where all the negativity on the sculpt comes form. THis piece is wicked. The only thing I hope gets a bit more work is the shirt. I think a linen --not unlike the Jedi tunics-- would look more film accurate and it would be more pliable with a water treatment.

franky_animated2.gif

Wow, just wow. Maybe trevor could show us a picture of the unpainted Han sculpt, if he is allowed to.

SSC likes to show off the unpainted heads themselves. I hope they don't show it until after the PPO. If the edition size is just 1977, I expect the servers to melt down again.

Yep, no matter how much griping, the big guys always sell out fast. I have a feeling with a smaller size of 1977 he'll be gone in a wink! I'll be ready and waiting on the 14th for this one :rock

Anyone have pics of the Han the enterbay guy did? I remember that being one of the better ones, but I this one is better so far from what I've seen.

arnie1mn6.jpg

arnie2zw4.jpg

Some have defended SS's sculpts in the past by saying they don't have to look like the actor, they just have to capture the character. But SS themselves always list "authentic likeness" of the actor among the features of their figures.

For the record I reckon SS have always been pretty close to the mark. This one is growing on me, and with the right factory paint job it could really shine.

Back