A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an awesome sculpt!! Something seriously wrong with the painted eyes though.

Check the sculpt minus the eyes. Spot on Sideshow and Trevor!! :rock:rock

solo.jpg

I'm quoting my own post.

I really don't care what the naysayers are saying, this is an excellent sculpt.

This will be my only post on the subject because there are just too many posts of one sentence replies. (the solution would be to allow more posts per page).

I think it's too early to "pass" but this sculpt really is disappointing. When I pictured the expression of a ANH Han, it definitely would be less "huh." than it is now.

So no, I'm not gonna complain about the paint or the sculpt (even though they are pretty bad even for Sideshow but it's only a prototype). I'm more disappointed in the expression they chose.

I must be the only person that doesn't think headsculpt is the most important feature of a 1/6th scale figure.

Does anyone have any thoughts (positive or negative) on the little we see of the clothing?

Yeah I am with you on the pockets. There is just something slightly clumsy looking about them.

I'm not crazy about what little I see of the clothing so far. The thick looking shirt with an unusually pronounced weave is what I don't like.

my favorite comments thus far..." have old ben's sculptor do more crucial likenesses" (from RS)

LOL!:rotfl

Trev

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

:rotfl I saw that one too Trev and stated something to the effect of "you do know the guy that did Old Ben did this one too right?" Which was totally ignored.

The guy who posted the old Ben comment responded to it...

"seriously?

where do you guys get that info?

i'll be on the fence about this one for a while, but at least i know i'll still be able to get one easily a year from now"

Damn, they negative over at RS:emperor

I can see that. I would have preferred a smirk. But Bespin kinda has that gig going anyway.. I dunno. I am pretty darn satisfied with it actually.

I don't want a smirk. He wasn't really smirky until later in the trilogy. In the first one he was more serious in his sarcasm but laughing a lot more when he wins. I want a more serious and focused expression like he is when talking with Ben in the Cantina, or shooting at StormTroopers, or flying the Falcon, or shooting at TIE Fighters.

I don't want a smirk. He wasn't really smirky until later in the trilogy. In the first one he was more serious in his sarcasm but laughing a lot more when he wins. I want a more serious and focused expression like he is when talking with Ben in the Cantina, or shooting at StormTroopers, or flying the Falcon, or shooting at TIE Fighters.

Exactly my thought... Smuggler: Tatooine Han was an unknown... Was he a good guy or was he bad?... Look, he shot that poor sea-horse (FIRST)-- I don't trust him.

It wasn't til he came back to rescue Luke at the Death Star that his heroic path was set. This view of Han captures that more serious persona quite well.

I must be the only person that doesn't think headsculpt is the most important feature of a 1/6th scale figure.

Does anyone have any thoughts (positive or negative) on the little we see of the clothing?

Not too concerned about the vest (because honestly I never looked that closely at it) but the shirt is the wrong color. There should be some yellow to it. Also the sleeves will need to be shorter because as I've said before, it's basically the same shirt Bill wore at the end of Kill Bill Vol. 2

This figure needs to be a 'home run.' For my money, Bespin Luke was darn close, but this first pic is not impressive. We need to see more, but they need to rework that headsulpt, or paint (or both); I wanted this to be a grand slam homerun as this is my fav version, aside from Stormie gear versions.

I am concerned.

I must say I'm enjoying the more positive attitude towards SW figs on this board. It seems there is a militant group of people trying to keep out the negative vibe.

Keep it up!!

Naysayers be damned!!! :bunnydanc

Back