A little about the Weequay heads.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unsung,

I would definitely be up for a Weequay head. From the pics I have seen of your previous one, I don't know how you would improve it. :lol All I can say about the Jinn is Wow. Incredible work.

I would love to see what you come with next in the realm of 1/6 Star Wars. I think that if all of us here at SSF could work together on a single something together, it could very well rival or exceed Sideshow quality. Perhaps in a few years time, when the mediocre customizers like me have stepped up their game a little, and the masters like you have become gods, we can all get together someplace and make something truly amazing... like for example all the characters and buildings from tattooine seen in a certain timeframe of ANH... the cantina, the buildings around it, all the cantina aliens, sandtroopers, droids, jawas, banthas, dewbacks, speeders and everything... or perhaps a small dio representing each scene from the OT... from the Mos Eisley cantina, to Jabba's palace, to the Death Star, to echo base on Hoth and Yoda's hut on Dagobah... I think with our combined potential, we could be unstoppable.

Continue with your great sculpting unsung.[/QUOTE]

You know , the dude might well be on to something !
And unsung , welcome aboard , your talent and ideals speak volumes .:cool:

You know , the dude might well be on to something !
And unsung , welcome aboard , your talent and ideals speak volumes .:cool:

I mentioned something a month or so ago about what it would cost to get a license to star wars figures so we could show Sideshow how things should be done.:lol

I mentioned something a month or so ago about what it would cost to get a license to star wars figures so we could show Sideshow how things should be done.:lol

:lol

We don't need a licence! We could sell unfinished custom pieces that need to be worked into a little to become things from Starwars, so technically we'd be selling "Sun Battles" figures who just happen to resemble some Star Wars characters, and we could provide the means for customizing them fully into Star Wars figures, but they wouldn't exactly be Star Wars. They'd be from "Sun Battles" :lol

Another thing I thought of was, if we ever got together, each person could bring everything they have in 1/6 along with their cameras and laptops and tripods and stuff, and we could make the best stop-motion movie ever! If everyone from SSF got together, we could serparate into 3 or 4 groups that would all be taking pics at the same time in different places... if we planned to do 15 frames per second, and each group could shoot 100 pictures a day, times 4 groups is 400 pictures per day, which is about 28 seconds... so we could do a fifteen minute film in about... 30 days... but if we all took a year off work (12 months), then we could get about 165 minutes done (that's budgeting in 1 month lost to taking breaks and weekends off and falling behind), which is 2 hours, 45 minutes... if we could get the rights to show it in theaters, we could raise a lot of money for the sequel...

:lol wow I got a little carried away there... oh well, we can all dream, can't we :rolleyes:

but you know... we could do that without getting together physically... by shooting pics of the figures on green paper backgrounds, then I could composite them into a pic of a dio... we could make it work!

still, it would be difficult... but we could work on it for less at a time over a longer period without having to take work off by doing it all in our spare time, and we wouldn't be restricted by when other people were available, you could do it whenever, really...

*sighs* :drool ... oops! Carried away again! (Unless anyone is interested in trying this :D)

I think this is the longest post I've ever written...

Back