A Bit Of Advice...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha kill two birds with one stone and sell it to a forum member AND jack up the price. All kidding aside, still do what you want, but a profit would be greatly appreciated. Everyone understands your reasoning, so you might as well make some money off it. At the same time, I do understand why you want to be fair and help a fellow collector out.

I think simply coming on here and asking out advice shows his intentions are honorable.

Agent0028 said:
I think simply coming on here and asking out advice shows his intentions are honorable.

yep...

I know the way I do it.. I offer here first and when I do not get a bite... I sell on Ebay. I like to return the favor. Afterall...if people had not been doing that.. I would be short one Jason 3 and Patient Zero. :D

thats cool to see some people who are willing to help out here. not everyone is out for profit.

First of all, Congrats on the Engagement. :cool: Now, to sell on ebay or to a board member.... If money is an issue, sell it on ebay. If money is not an issue, just cancel it and have the next guy on the wait list have it. I'm pretty sure that the guy next in line would love to have it. *crossing finger* hoping that the next guy is another scalper. :cool:

Kind of looks like they are going for about $75 - $100 on ebay so thats not a HUGE profit but I would say get as much as you can for it.

I think the resale value of the Sideshow Anakin exclusive will increase over time. If you don't really need the money, you should hang on to it. Maybe in a few years, it will sell for $200-300.

Wow, that's a lot of responses in a short amount of time. First of all, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. Second, thanks for all the advice. I've decided that the right thing to do would be to offer the figure to a board member at cost, plus shipping. So, nash, pm sent.

For those that wondered, my girl is fine with my collecting, but I decided that sixty or so dollars a month for something that will merely sit on a shelf for years is a bit much during a time when money is tight. Of course, I'll still monitor Sideshow and eagerly watch the new announcements, I just won't order the vast majority of them. In fact, I think the only ones I'd spring for now are Yoda, Sidious, and Grievous. Well, and Eeth Koth too, but I don't see that one happening. The only orders I've yet to cancel are my Anakin (too late for that, I believe), and my Exclusive Kit, which will be a gift to my younger cousin, a huge Kit fan.

Really, the decision as to whether or not to cancel was more painful than actually canceling them. Now that its done, I'm fine with it. Would they be a neat thing to have? Sure. But is it really worth it? Not in the long run. Who knows, maybe when I'm old and gray(er) my grandchildren will dig me up a set.

Thanks again, guys.

Hydralisk, I cant thank you enough. That is very generous of you to help me out, and I really really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I will be in touch, and Im so stoked to have an exclusive ani to go with my future obi wan. thank you again!.
-chad

Hydralisk said:
Wow, that's a lot of responses in a short amount of time. First of all, thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. Second, thanks for all the advice. I've decided that the right thing to do would be to offer the figure to a board member at cost, plus shipping. So, nash, pm sent.

For those that wondered, my girl is fine with my collecting, but I decided that sixty or so dollars a month for something that will merely sit on a shelf for years is a bit much during a time when money is tight. Of course, I'll still monitor Sideshow and eagerly watch the new announcements, I just won't order the vast majority of them. In fact, I think the only ones I'd spring for now are Yoda, Sidious, and Grievous. Well, and Eeth Koth too, but I don't see that one happening. The only orders I've yet to cancel are my Anakin (too late for that, I believe), and my Exclusive Kit, which will be a gift to my younger cousin, a huge Kit fan.

Really, the decision as to whether or not to cancel was more painful than actually canceling them. Now that its done, I'm fine with it. Would they be a neat thing to have? Sure. But is it really worth it? Not in the long run. Who knows, maybe when I'm old and gray(er) my grandchildren will dig me up a set.

Thanks again, guys.

Thats pretty cool to let a member have it at cost...way to go man...

Hydralisk said:

Thanks again, guys.

Again, as King said earlier... It is very cool of you to do that for Nash. I'm sure he appreciates it. I know the feeling that you get when someone hooks you up with something you've wanted that badly... it's great. :monkey5

DarkArtist81 said:
Again, as King said earlier... It is very cool of you to do that for Nash. I'm sure he appreciates it. I know the feeling that you get when someone hooks you up with something you've wanted that badly... it's great. :monkey5

Yup....thats why you should give me Ash & Evil Ash for the cost of shipping:lol .....

jlcmsu said:
Congrats first and foremost. I would suggest giving them up to a member here for your cost. That's some good karma coming to you and your special girl later down the road.

You gonna do that with your Cave troll Josh?:chew

I moved into a house with my missus last year, and although times were tough i kept hold of most of my collectibles, but the ones i could bear to part with i offered up onto e bay and took the profit and put it into my house, who wants to sit on wooden boxes when you could have a leather sofa!

Other idea is to sell it on here for an inbetween price, less than e bay, but more than retail, everyones a winner then!
:D

My gf of 5 years sometimes makes fun of me because of my star wars room which until recently was packed with sw stuff. I remember the first time she came over to my house, I said please don't take my stuff the wrong way. She thought it was a little weird, then later down the road I made her do toy runs with me. She hated it most of the the time, but 5 years later were still together, shes moving in this August. In the meantime I'm helping out by selling all my toys (my choice) and make room for her, but now I'm into GG, SS, MR. So it's more expensive, but it's a lot less room. Glad I picked a winner. :monkey5 :chew :emperor :maul

Like the avatar dregs....and congrats on movin' the gf in....as far as your new found collecting, less can be more...GG MR & SS put out awesome stuff!

I am only going to say congratulations!!! I wish you both all the best in your new life together! Cheers!:chew

Sell it on ebay for a profit. You need the cash and you were there on PPO day stressing to place an order.

Nobody here can look down on you. We all have used evil-bay at some point or another. :monkey3

Congrats by the way! Just don't let her touch your toys. :lol

Back