A Bit Of Advice...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he's not selling all, he's selling ONE. and it would be a nice gesture to do so.

I would sell my clothes for what I paid for them....anyone intersted in some used underware...hmmm....anyone:D

I say sell the thing on ebay and get twice as much as you paid...its the American thing to do......

EVILFACE said:
So would you sell all your collectibles for what you paid?

Yea, prolly not.

I'm not selling my collectibles so not a problem I have to consider.

kingdarkness03 said:
As opposed to what:confused: .....how could that possibly be taken as being "non-positive".....explain yourself...

Yeah being a Capitalist American is not all bad.... Even if our president is a retard. :blissy

This all comes down to what Hydralisk wants to do, and whether or not he needs the money. Really, selling on ebay does not make him greedy... unless he tries to sell it as a "Buy it Now" for like 200 bucks. Just start bidding at $60, and it will rise up to over a hundred just because of demand.

Supply and demand is not greed. It's just the way the system works.

Now if he simply wants to get it off his hands and doesn't need it.... selling it here would be the right path.. Either way... his choice all the way. :cool:

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah being a Capitalist American is not all bad.... Even if our president is a retard. :blissy

This all comes down to what Hydralisk wants to do, and whether or not he needs the money. Really, selling on ebay does not make him greedy... unless he tries to sell it as a "Buy it Now" for like 200 bucks. Just start bidding at $60, and it will rise up to over a hundred just because of demand.

Supply and demand is not greed. It's just the way the system works.

Now if he simply wants to get it off his hands and doesn't need it.... selling it here would be the right path.. Either way... his choice all the way. :cool:

I never though of myself as capitalist....but ok....I like money...I surely won't turn down money:D

jlcmsu said:
I'm not selling my collectibles so not a problem I have to consider.

Yea, but you are dancing around the question.

So if you had to sell your stuff, are you just going to sell them for cost?

No you wouldn't.

EVILFACE said:

No you wouldn't.

you wouldnt ever help a fellow collector out?

nash said:
why is it that people like you talk this way. but when you see someone on ebay asking a high amount for something that you want its so easy to say how disgusting it is and that isnt collector ethics...blah blah blah?

I dont really understand either....money makes the world go round...its all supply and demand.If you want to sell your stuff sell it, its yours and you have the right to do so.I think its better to sell than not want it and just have something sitting around in your house when there are people out there who would like to have it.

Hydralisk, have you lost interest in 1/6 SW figures or is your fiance really telling you to get rid of them?

KAOSINLA said:
Financial intelligence says Ebay it!!! Make some cash that you will surely need later on.

Indeed, add to the funds that you can do something you want with. You deserve it, the agony of getting these Star Wars figures alone should be worth something! :lol

JustinLuck said:
Hydralisk, have you lost interest in 1/6 SW figures or is your fiance really telling you to get rid of them?

I'm glad I have a wife that understands my hobbies.

Lets also look at a example, the Code 3 post. It sold new for what 400 and sold on ebay for almost 1k,

Now which would you want, the $1000 or $400 and a warm feeling inside.

I'll take the $1000, buy your girlfriend a nice necklace and then spend the rest on toys.

warm feelings are priceless :lol

nah but seriously, i understand making a profit on your valued collectibles, but I've helped some fellow collectors by selling them a saber or two at cost when i could have easily made $300 or more in profit. I wouldnt do it for ALL my collectibles, but I mean, it doesnt hurt to help someone out every now and then.

And I also think it is dependant to what you are selling. If you are selling a $400 saber that market value has brought up to $1300 IE: Mace Sig Edition, then hell, it would be stupid to sell it at cost.

But I mean if its just a $50 figure that youre going to make an extra $50-$100 bucks on, its not like you are losing a whole lot by helping someone out.

Just my opinion.

Flip it. Easy decision.

I would sell at cost to a select few posters on this board and StatueForum, but not to some random person.

EVILFACE said:

No you wouldn't.

I'd list them on ebay for whatever their retail price was and let the auction play out. If the buyers out there can't restrain themselves to not pay more for what they retailed for then that's their problem.

I have a problem with those that buy just to flip an item. To me doing that makes you no better than any other scalper (despite the fact the buyers aren't smart enough to wait and let it drop over time). If someone has to sell because of personal issues and they sell them for more than what they are worth. That doesn't bother me because they are doing so out of necessity than greed.

I say get rid of the girl and keep the Anakin. There's more women out there than Anakins.:lol

I'm kidding of course, congratulations to you and the soon to be Mrs. :chew

Back