[8-bit paint & figure commissions]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 8-bit commando WIP thread - latest: ZOMBIES, DIORAMAS + MILITARY

Wow, this thread is full of pure awesomeness and worms! Your job is really fantastic and your zombies is really disgusting! :D Really good job! I love it! Mainly how you using hair on your zombies! Great idea and looks much better!

Awesome work. I'd really love to see more zombies available- SS seems to have lost interest.

^X's 2.
But I feel that's because he doesn't make Super Heroes or movie characters that most people here relate to. Anyone that does something fun and original usually don't get many comments sad to say. I love your work 8-bit, you got me interested in making zombies now! :hi5:
So much awesomeness in your dio's too!

it's just nice to even have an opportunity to share. thank you.

Outstanding photos dude keep them coming mate :)

thanks man. will do.

Wow, this thread is full of pure awesomeness and worms! Your job is really fantastic and your zombies is really disgusting! :D Really good job! I love it! Mainly how you using hair on your zombies! Great idea and looks much better!

i'm glad you like the zombies :) thank you.

Awesome work. I'd really love to see more zombies available- SS seems to have lost interest.

agreed. i'm going to repaint/modify an SS harbinger after this - hair mod, repaint, some retooling, etc. - stay tuned :)

background fun by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

background fun by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

BG-4 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

Last edited:

the balaclava is in place and the fit is nice. HT head sculpts are huge. anyways, i had to go to town on the HS to make it fit. i plan on keeping this masked configuration as an actual head swap - it's too complex to take apart (read: pain in the arse), but is totally possible. this is a good thing considering i still need to open it back up for some addt'l modding. the mask plate can be removed to reveal the operator underneath, so i haven't touched the face of the sculpt at all, just the portion you'll never see.

these guys are gearing up to kill (?) some zombies!

trying to really go over the top here. decals are currently on my mind...

fast-fit-2 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

fast-fit-1 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

Can't really tell what you've done (in a good way), because these look great. No weird lumps or big head syndrome. Your photo work is top notch! The tv feed adds such character.

Can't really tell what you've done (in a good way), because these look great. No weird lumps or big head syndrome. Your photo work is top notch! The tv feed adds such character.

thanks man. i did some minor work to the inner framework of the helmet to better accommodate the ballistic face plate. the face plate itself has been heavily dremeled down to a specific shape and size from the TYRUS triad toys release. the balaclava was carefully altered to show as little fringe as possible. i will also be adding velcro, addt'l equipment(s) and some decals to each helmet. the HT head sculpt was also dremeled heavily to fit. Soldier Story heads tend to be smaller than hot toys, so the effect was even more pronounced.

payne has only one good eye so his helmet mounted binocular will actually be a monocular. addt'l customization will take place to distinguish one twin from the other.

thanks for checking in artoo!

this is a "dramatic" shot with my iPhone using a little fisheye lens attachment.

the-dead-5 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

iPhone photo of painted skin texture in-hand.

the-dead-4 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

here's an iPhone photo with more even lighting to see the new applied skin texturing and repaint.

the-dead-3 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

here's another iPhone photo with more even lighting to see the new applied skin texturing and repaint.

the-dead-2 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

the next step is applying some doll hair, bone/blood/wet apps and finally eyes.

i'm also working on the hands. i'll post pics of those later.

thank you for checking out the thread.

take care.

Amazing stuff! Love the look of the skin texture, and I'm sure we'll be blown away when you add the hair, eyes and blood.

Amazing stuff! Love the look of the skin texture, and I'm sure we'll be blown away when you add the hair, eyes and blood.

:)

i love taking photos with my iPhone, but when it comes to actually capturing information and detail, an SLR is the way to go.

skin texture completed.

eye whites painted in.

next steps are hair, blood, pupils and addt'l wet apps.

SLR TEST by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

noveske diplomat by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

Back