[8-bit paint & figure commissions]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [8-bit paint commissions] NUCKY • MANIAC • MAC JACKET • GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 •

RICK GRIMES
sculpt: WGP/sean dabbs

still waiitng to hear back if the amount of dirt and 'battle damage' is appropriate for the customer - i erred on the side of caution. if not, i'll post revisions :)

4-ups with different lighting as usual - shows off the subtleties of the paint job more so imo - it's easier to piece together what the sculpt truly looks like. looks better in-hand to my eye - the details scale down nicely.

some shots overexposed to show necessary details and paint work versus shadow trickery.

Last edited:
Re: [8-bit paint commissions] NUCKY • MANIAC • MAC JACKET • GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 •

that rick grimes looks really great, well done your paintwork is the best ive seen

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] MAC JACKET • GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 • WWZ • GRIMES • DI

Hey Dave, speaking of zombie slayers, when can some of us expect to see the Chris Redfield sculpt painted? Hate to nag, but we're going on 14 months now.

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] MAC JACKET • GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 • WWZ • GRIMES • DI

Hey Dave, speaking of zombie slayers, when can some of us expect to see the Chris Redfield sculpt painted? Hate to nag, but we're going on 14 months now.

yes please

if you'll recall i started working on these a long time ago - APRIL 25, 2014 but was nitpicked to no end on the way they're 'supposed to look' - skin too dark, skin too light, eyes too small, eyes not blue enough, eyebrows not thick enough, etc., etc, etc. - i'm letting you all know that this is the final go-round. if we can't reach an agreement on the look this time, then it's best to just take receipt of the sculpt and have somebody else do it. i hate to sound like a d!ck but i'm really not interested in being this nitpicked for $100 a head - i've received zero compensation for my multiple attempts thus far, which is fine and to be expected, but please do try to see it from my pov. i've never had such a problem before or since.

i started prepping them (again) the other day. i'll be out of town intermittently throughout this month, but it's the next new project i'll work on. so we'll try it one more time :) i'll post some photos when i finish another example. you can then let me know then if you want painted heads or unpainted ones to be shipped to your location.

having said all that i'm still looking forward to pleasing you with the end result. i hope it works out for everybody :)

Last edited:

if you'll recall i started working on these a long time ago - APRIL 25, 2014 but was nitpicked to no end on the way they're 'supposed to look' - skin too dark, skin too light, eyes too small, eyes not blue enough, eyebrows not thick enough, etc., etc, etc. - i'm letting you all know that this is the final go-round. if we can't reach an agreement on the look this time, then it's best to just take receipt of the sculpt and have somebody else do it. i hate to sound like a d!ck but i'm really not interested in being this nitpicked for $100 a head - i've received zero compensation for my multiple attempts thus far, which is fine and to be expected, but please do try to see it from my pov. i've never had such a problem before or since.

i started prepping them (again) the other day. i'll be out of town intermittently throughout this month, but it's the next new project i'll work on. so we'll try it one more time :) i'll post some photos when i finish another example. you can then let me know then if you want painted heads or unpainted ones to be shipped to your location.

having said all that i'm still looking forward to pleasing you with the end result. i hope it works out for everybody :)
Perhaps. I can't speak for the others, but all I wanted was the most accurate look possible for my two heads. I even provided picture proof from the game the character hails from. Sorry I rustled your jimmies, but as you said, they're $100 heads so you're damn right I'm gonna nitpick, so see it from my point of view as well. Also, you made us wait over a year, if anyone should be complaining, it's us, but we've been more than patient. Sorry you still feel this way after all this time has passed, but I'm confident you can pull it off as I've never had any issues with your skills. Don't take offense to what I've said just now as I merely state the truth, and like I said, I have confidence in your abilities!

Any progress on my heads David? Can't wait to send you the Max Kit too.

[RIP WORKSHOP] bald female zombie head

sculpt: JP

this painted head is FOR SALE - PM for details

Last edited:
Re: [8-bit paint commissions] GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 • WWZ • GRIMES • DIXON • ZOMBIE

***just a note - i won't be posting any more updates until the first week of june***

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 • WWZ • GRIMES • DIXON • ZOMBIE

Just wanted to share a pic of the two fine looking Zombie heads david has painted for me:

RiotCop9_zpsrcw1ye13.jpg

Great sculpts and amazing paint apps! Many thanks david! :joy

Last edited:

Hey David what ever happened to the custom Punk Zombie figure that you guys were making?

Hey David what ever happened to the custom Punk Zombie figure that you guys were making?

We made one, posted it and nobody seemed to care so the project was placed on the back burner. Thinking back on it I'd be sad if I wasn't on my way to STAR WARS WEEKEND(S) ;) can't wait!

Hey David, I have sent you a couple of PMs. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Back