7" Arkham Asylum Figues Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My set from CSC shipped today. Will be here Friday :rock

Saw Bane at my LCS and he was indeed big! Still undersized I think, but not by much. Hopefully Mattel will do a full 2 series of Arkham figures and give us C&Cs of Croc and Bane at their proper sizes.

Just got my order in at CSC, now all we need is for DCD to do a deluxe figure of Croc. Somebody better come out with a figure of Croc from AA, just too cool of a character to pass up, IMO.

Bring on Arkham City DCD!

Croc and Gordon are really the only two AA figures they didn't get to, right? I don't remember anyone else.

Arkham City is a whole new thing. Lots of new characters, and some old ones worth rehashing -- Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Two Face, Riddler, Harley, Joker, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Strange, Black Mask, Calendar Man, Talia, Zsasz ... and those are just the ones they've revealed so far (as far as I am aware). That's 14 figures. I doubt they'd do another Zsasz, so 13. If you drop one other (maybe Calendar Man or Talia, depending on how involved they are in the story) ... that's still at least 3 Series to fill the set. And that's if they don't go back to get a Croc or Gordon.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
As far as main comic characters, yeah, just them. But they could have made goons, guards, doctors, etc if they wanted to get a third series made.

Bring on Arkham City DCD!
Yes, come on DCD, bring them on!
We know they've made AC figures since we saw the AC Harley figure photos a while back. Can't wait to see who else is in the line-up for wave one!

I'm a little worried though with all the news at the minute that DCD may stop making figures? I hope this isn't the case as I'm one of the few people that prefers DCD over Mattel.
Also, seems like Mattel is only making two 2-packs for AC then that's it, so we won't get much of a line-up from them anyway.

I actually just recieved my Mattel AC Batman/Two-Face pack yesterday and I'm really not impressed with the Batman figure at all. Lots of people are raving about it saying it's better than the DCD version but IMO it's not as good - the arms won't go down to his side making him look goofy, the legs are short and stubby compared with the size of the torso, the ears are too thick and chubby and the paint apps on the face are poor, making him look too 'toy-like'. The body sculpt and detail is actually very nice though.
The Two-Face figure is cool but again the paint apps really let it down.

Guess I've just been spoilt by DCD's great sculpts and paint apps. I really hope they continue to make more figures, or at least release the AC figures they had planned. That Harley looked awesome!
Wonder if we'll see any info on them soon? Any chance they could show them off at SDCC?

Yes, come on DCD, bring them on!
We know they've made AC figures since we saw the AC Harley figure photos a while back. Can't wait to see who else is in the line-up for wave one!

I'm a little worried though with all the news at the minute that DCD may stop making figures? I hope this isn't the case as I'm one of the few people that prefers DCD over Mattel.
Also, seems like Mattel is only making two 2-packs for AC then that's it, so we won't get much of a line-up from them anyway.

I actually just recieved my Mattel AC Batman/Two-Face pack yesterday and I'm really not impressed with the Batman figure at all. Lots of people are raving about it saying it's better than the DCD version but IMO it's not as good - the arms won't go down to his side making him look goofy, the legs are short and stubby compared with the size of the torso, the ears are too thick and chubby and the paint apps on the face are poor, making him look too 'toy-like'. The body sculpt and detail is actually very nice though.
The Two-Face figure is cool but again the paint apps really let it down.

Guess I've just been spoilt by DCD's great sculpts and paint apps. I really hope they continue to make more figures, or at least release the AC figures they had planned. That Harley looked awesome!
Wonder if we'll see any info on them soon? Any chance they could show them off at SDCC?

I have no idea why people like the Mattel stuff. The paint looks cheap and all those exposed joints makes it look very toyish.

The DCD stuff is nearly NECA quality both in sculpt and paint (actually, compared to some of NECA's recent paint DCD beats them out hands down) so I hope the continue to make figures. They sell really well so I don't see any reason why they would stop making them.

Oh and also great review as usual Dino, and thanks for the shout out. :)

I have no idea why people like the Mattel stuff. The paint looks cheap and all those exposed joints makes it look very toyish.
I agree dcflake, they do come off as very toyish. DCD figures have much better paint apps.
I personally hate the exposed joints too - most especially the ab-cut and thigh-cuts. They just take too much away from the figure IMO, and in some cases it looks stupid if you move them - for instance on the Mattel Ac Batman figure, if you move his thigh cut the grooves of his costume don't line up. On suited figures it looks odd too.
Plus Mattel figures all look too similar in body size since they are heavy on the re-use of parts. At least DCD sculpts are all individual and unique.
I definitely prefer DCD over Mattel and really hope DCD continues making Arkham figures.

I agree dcflake, they do come off as very toyish. DCD figures have much better paint apps.
I personally hate the exposed joints too - most especially the ab-cut and thigh-cuts. They just take too much away from the figure IMO, and in some cases it looks stupid if you move them - for instance on the Mattel Ac Batman figure, if you move his thigh cut the grooves of his costume don't line up. On suited figures it looks odd too.
Plus Mattel figures all look too similar in body size since they are heavy on the re-use of parts. At least DCD sculpts are all individual and unique.
I definitely prefer DCD over Mattel and really hope DCD continues making Arkham figures.

:lecture:exactly: Also agree. Mattel uses a cheaper plastic too, and I see a lot of excess flash and bad moldings, one of the main reasons I stopped collecting DCUC. Plus with Mattel charging $30+ for the 2-packs, the price is about the same now between DCD and Mattel. I really hope DCD gets a couple of waves of AC out.

I got myself a series 2 and but passed on Zsas. he looks better in person just not familiar with the character. not a huge Ivy fan but I really like the figure, Armored bats looks better in person so I grabbed him. But bane is the real star of the show, him and zsas seem to be selling better.

Damn my LCS raised the price and I just picked it up for $75. But I guess it's still cheaper buying online unless I put it in my pile o loot at BBTS.

It was on ebay. If you look and wait a bit you can find them selling sets for a reasonable price.

Just a few days till SDCC - really hoping we get some info on DCD's Arkham City line!
They could easily get 2-3 waves out of AC, so many characters to choose from.

I'd personally love to see: ( ? = unconfirmed character )

Wave 1 -
Batman
Harley
Two-Face
Penguin

Wave 2 -
Catwoman
Riddler
Hugo Strange
Mr Freeze (?)

Wave 3 -
Robin
Killer Croc
Mad Hatter (?)
Talia (?)

That's just my dream wishlist of course, but there's certainly enough characters for DCD to do at least 2 waves of figures. Probably too many for just 2 waves perhaps... I'd prefer to see 5 figures per wave if they only intend on doing 2 waves so we get all the main villains in.
In an ideal world I'd love to see some Blackgate thugs thrown into the mix aswell - they'd make great army builders - though I doubt that will ever happen.

Except they won't do that unfortunately, they to my recollection almost never release a Batman wave without Batman.

So how many suits are in the new game, may very well affect how many waves we get.

I recall the 2nd wave of Hush figures not having Batman in, and I'm sure Catwoman would be a main draw for a wave since she's a playable character in AC.
Anyway, it was all just wishing on my part - I'd be happy with whatever character selection they give us!

Back