5 years later, finally bought my grail piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should've been a little more patient: there'll be a quarter scale Thanos and Death at this year's SDCC by Martin Canale. Viggiano's is still awesome, just not for the price it has reached.

Congrats on your score. It's a fantastic looking dio. I actually had the EX but I sold it a few weeks back. I'm going to use those funds to finish paying for my XM Thanos. I loved the dio/COM but I just wanted to have a 1/4 scale Thanos for my collection and I decided the XM Thanos filled the bill nicely.

Maybe one day i can afford the xm thanos. And this piece has always been one of my favorite takes on thanos. Im in the few and far between category in the fact i really like the art style of him. This piece is also more meaningful to me in the sense that i waited on it. And missed out,.. it eluded me time and time again. And at the price i paid its justifiable to me. I paid half of what it goes for , snd twice what it originally cost. Im fine meeting in the middle to own it hahaha

Its a neat little shop. They always have the oddest things. If your ever in levittown pa def check it out. Hot toys everywhere, sideshow statues all over,.. hard to find ones as well. 3a figures, figmas, etc etc. Most impressive piece there is the new massive doctor doom sideshow piece. Its amazing

Maybe one day i can afford the xm thanos. And this piece has always been one of my favorite takes on thanos. Im in the few and far between category in the fact i really like the art style of him. This piece is also more meaningful to me in the sense that i waited on it. And missed out,.. it eluded me time and time again. And at the price i paid its justifiable to me. I paid half of what it goes for , snd twice what it originally cost. Im fine meeting in the middle to own it hahaha

I understand. It's a great piece. You're not the only one who feels that way about it. That's obvious by the aftermarket price on it. It's a popular piece. Having owned it until recently, I can honestly understand why so many peeps like it. There's a lot to like about it. I'm just thrilled you were able to pick it up the way you did. It's an awesome feeling when you've been searching for a piece for so long and then finally it happens out of the blue like that. Especially for such a great price (and the fact that you got the lights working again). Fantastic strory and a big CONGRATS to you.

Congrats on getting your grail piece. Finding your grail piece is one thing. Getting it at a price that is reasonable is another. In your case, the price was much lower than what is being sold on the market. I hope one day I can get a Sideshow Captain America PF at a steal.

Should've been a little more patient: there'll be a quarter scale Thanos and Death at this year's SDCC by Martin Canale. Viggiano's is still awesome, just not for the price it has reached.

Whaaaaa?! Really? That was confirmed somewhere? Very nice.

And right on dude. I got one of my grails one time the Abomination PF EX from a board member for a great price. Little did I realize it'd be impossible to display. The base is a straight up murder weapon. But it's still a 10 flawless piece of artwork. Now if I could somehow get the Venom Comiquette for far less than 4 figures.

As long as the great Martin Canale finds his old form as the 1/4 scale, fully sculpted Spidey, Venom, & Carnage masterpieces of years past. As these were full of intricate, minute details, movement and menace, which have still never been equalled. I was very disappointed in his rendition of Apoc, as the finer details were sorely lacking, making the sculpt look like a rushed, generic rip-off. Oh, but he was huge though.

In fact Alex just confirmed on the other board that it's not happening :( Thanos + Canale would have been super awesome

Yeah a thanos piece done by canale would be amazing. He could breathe some life into a piece of the mad titan.

Back