5 years later, finally bought my grail piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wierzbowski

Super Freak
Reaction score
So long story short. I debated 5 years ago about buying a piece and at its price point. Needless to say i missed out by waiting too long. Shortly after i saw the piece at comic con,... at 3x the original msrp :slap. Many nights were spent ebay searching, craigslist searching, etc etc. No luck,... prices ranged from $1000 all the way up to $2000. Until this past sunday. What turned into a random stop at the comic shop by my gf's turned into one of the greatest days of collecting i have ever had. All i remember is my gf saying,.. You need to come see this. There he was in all his glory, with his lovely lady by his side. Oh my god i thought, and its an ex. If its less than $900 its mine no questions asked !! I immediately walked up front to ask the comic guru,.. how much is the ex piece in the back ? Oh that he replied, just came in yesterday i think its $600,.. immediately my legs buckled and i started to sweat. Let me call wade the owner to make sure. :pray: 2 minutes later.. yeah i was a bit off on price.. oh no i thought... its $700 ,.. whew:clap. Is it broke i had to ask,.. nope its all perfect,.. only issue is that the lights dont work. ( common for this piece so its ok ) but if they did work it would cost $1300 he says. After a box opening inspection,.. the card came out $741 and 5 minutes later im at my girlfriends admiring the piece. Then just for giggles,.. hey heather can you get a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol,... 5 minutes later all pieced back up i push the button...:pray: ... lo and behold.. LIGHTS WORK, EHR MAH GERD !!! Now this piece is proudly displayed and i cannot stop looking at it , admiring it, loving it !! Morale of the story,... it never hurts to make the random stop,.. you may find just what you have been looking for. Without further ado... i present to you...
LORD THANOS, AND MISTRESS DEATH !!!
p.s ,. I tried to add more pics but i cant erase my old attachments ��. Once thats figured out i will post more,. Sorry guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20150524_235230.jpg
    IMG_20150524_235230.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 715
You do realise there are 'Show Your Shelves' & 'Latest Purchase' threads?
Probably a thread regarding this item which also would of been a more appropiate place to post :D

Congratulation, I think you dont want miss XM Thanos as well. Or you will miss another grail

if this post needs to be moved ill ask the moderators to move it to its appropriate location. Just figured it went here,.. being a marvel statue and all. Ahh well

sad to say that xm thanos is wayyyyyyy oug of my price range at this moment,... maybe once the ferrari is paid off hahaha ,.. thats a joke by the way

Congratz! :clap The hunt for that one piece you desire and search for is great. Once you get it, it's such a glorious moment

its collectorcol . Just how he is hahahaha
:lol
if this post needs to be moved ill ask the moderators to move it to its appropriate location. Just figured it went here,.. being a marvel statue and all. Ahh well
This section would be a nightmare if we all started a thread for every Marvel Statue we picked up :D

:lol

This section would be a nightmare if we all started a thread for every Marvel Statue we picked up :D

But it's such a cool grail story. I was thinking, aw man, he's just gonna shell out the after-market for a grail he could've had for MSRP if he weren't such a cheapass about it on release, but then he brings us into the comic store and I thought, whoa, he's going to land a deal, but even better, before that happens, turns out it's his ladylove who spots it and well, after that, cool, great find even with lights that don't work, but he gets it home after a solid inspect, shows it some tender statue love and THE LIGHTS TURN ON! I could just about see the parting of clouds and the godrays streaming through the sky to the chorus of angels.

Best grail story evah. It deserves its own thread col, you curmudgeon you.

So long story short. I debated 5 years ago about buying a piece and at its price point. Needless to say i missed out by waiting too long. Shortly after i saw the piece at comic con,... at 3x the original msrp :slap. Many nights were spent ebay searching, craigslist searching, etc etc. No luck,... prices ranged from $1000 all the way up to $2000. Until this past sunday. What turned into a random stop at the comic shop by my gf's turned into one of the greatest days of collecting i have ever had. All i remember is my gf saying,.. You need to come see this. There he was in all his glory, with his lovely lady by his side. Oh my god i thought, and its an ex. If its less than $900 its mine no questions asked !! I immediately walked up front to ask the comic guru,.. how much is the ex piece in the back ? Oh that he replied, just came in yesterday i think its $600,.. immediately my legs buckled and i started to sweat. Let me call wade the owner to make sure. :pray: 2 minutes later.. yeah i was a bit off on price.. oh no i thought... its $700 ,.. whew:clap. Is it broke i had to ask,.. nope its all perfect,.. only issue is that the lights dont work. ( common for this piece so its ok ) but if they did work it would cost $1300 he says. After a box opening inspection,.. the card came out $741 and 5 minutes later im at my girlfriends admiring the piece. Then just for giggles,.. hey heather can you get a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol,... 5 minutes later all pieced back up i push the button...:pray: ... lo and behold.. LIGHTS WORK, EHR MAH GERD !!! Now this piece is proudly displayed and i cannot stop looking at it , admiring it, loving it !! Morale of the story,... it never hurts to make the random stop,.. you may find just what you have been looking for. Without further ado... i present to you...
LORD THANOS, AND MISTRESS DEATH !!!
p.s ,. I tried to add more pics but i cant erase my old attachments ��. Once thats figured out i will post more,. Sorry guys.

Great Story! Congrats!!! Awesome that you got the lights to works also!

You do realise there are 'Show Your Shelves' & 'Latest Purchase' threads?
Probably a thread regarding this item which also would of been a more appropiate place to post :D

Exactly what I was thinking :lol

i really dont mean to clutter the threads. But i really just wanted to share. And seriously if it wasnt for my gf i never would have seen it. She went to the dusty back corner to check out the old funkos, the section of the comic store i stray from,... its spooky back there. And not collector col's fault.... he just does not like me,.. never has i feel. Ahh well maybe one day we'll hug it out and realize we are both in this hobby together.

And not collector col's fault.... he just does not like me,..
Your name rings a bell but I seriously don't know who you are.
Accusing me of laying in wait for you to post... You really think you're that important to me? :lol

Would of said the same regardless to who started the thread :D

pretty sure you would remember me from the sideshow alien busts threads. Ahhh well. May have overestimated my worth to you. Silly me. Anyways i extend the olive branch. Not really trying to get wrapped up in drama at my age. Sorry bud ,.. friends ??

That's an awesome story. I wish something like that happened to me with something I was really looking for. Congratulations.

Back